Global Konjac Flour Market: Overview
Also known as glucomannan, Konjac refers to an herb that is cultivated in some parts of Asia. Konjac is known for its starchy corn, which is a tuber-like part of its stem and it stays under the ground. The corn from konjac is utilized in the making of a rich source of soluble form of dietary fiber. It also finds use as a substitute for gelatin and to add or thicken texture to various food items. Such varied use is likely to work in favor of the global konjac flour market in the years to come.
Konjac comes with several health benefits, thanks to its high content of fiber. Soluble fiber assists in lowering the level of blood glucose and cholesterol levels. A diet that has plentiful of fiber could also assist in preventing diverticular disease, controlling the movements of bowel, and assist in the prevention of hemorrhoids. Fiber is quite a filling component and regular intake of fiber assists in keeping one’s stomach fuller for longer period of time. This prevents a person form over-eating or snacking between meals. Konjac is also able to expand inside the stomach, thus keeping one full. With the increased prevalence of obesity, the global konjac flour market is likely to observe considerable growth over the period of assessment.
There has been a rise in the demand for konjac in the form of an additive, ingredient, and a thickener in food and beverage industry, which is likely to drive the demand for konjac flour in the years to come. With the rise in demand for stabilizing, gelling, and thickening agents, the demand for konjac flour is further expected to rise in the near future. As konjac helps in reducing the level of cholesterol and risk of obesity, it expected to find increasing use across the globe in present times.
The global konjac flour market is likely to be not much affected by the outbreak of global pandemic, Covid-19. The demand for essential items, such as food, medicines has remained steady and with lockdown period, there has been a rise in incidences of over-eating and less of physical activities. This has resulted in gaining of weight, which is likely to generate more demand for konjac flour during this period.
Application, function, and region are the three important parameters based on which the global konjac flour market has been categorized. The sole aim of such segmentation is to offer a clearer and detailed view of the global konjac flour market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Konjac flour Market: Notable Developments
One of the developments that offer a glimpse of the market dynamics about the global konjac flour market is mentioned below:
- In September 2019, NOW Foods made an acquisition of the family-owned business, SuperNutrition Supplement Company. The latter makes an offering of a unique brand of multi-vitamin supplements. With this acquisition, NOW Foods make a move toward their objective to expand their distribution network through successful international distributors across the globe.
Some of the prominent organizations in the global konjac flour market include the below-mentioned:
- Hubei Yizhi Konjac Biotechnology
- Shaanxi Jintai Konjac Industrial Development
- Baoji Konjac Chemcial Co., Ltd
- The Konjac Sponge Company
- Henan Xin Industry Co. Ltd.
- NOW Foods
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Global Konjac Flour Market, ask for a customized report
Global Konjac flour Market: Key Trends
The global konjac flour market is characterized by the presence of the following restraints, drivers, and opportunities.
Growing Use as Food Supplements to Pave Way for Rapid Market Growth
Konjac is extensively utilized in the making of food supplements due to its low content of calorie, which fills stomach and encourages satiety, thereby further diminishing the absorption of fat in the body. Konjac comes with other properties such as diminishing the content of lipid and cholesterol in the blood and it also helps in controlling lipid metabolism. All these benefits of konjac is estimated to drive the growth of the global konjac flour market in the near future.
Growing tendency of consumers toward taking various types of digestive supplements due to their ability to ameliorate various digestive ailments such as bloating and diarrhea, heartburn, and constipation is likely to boost the growth of the global konjac flour market in the near future. Besides, growing geriatric population together with rising cost of healthcare is estimated to drive the demand for konjac flour in the years to come.
Global Konjac Flour Market: Geographical Analysis
Driven by rising demand from countries like China, Japan, and India, is likely to put Asia Pacific at the forefront of the market growth over the tenure of assessment. A rise in the per capita income of people in the region has led to increased consumption of various meat products is likely to surface as another growth impacting factor for the market in Asia Pacific. Growing awareness about protein intake for building muscles and for the requirements of the body is likely to foster growth of the konjac flour market in Asia Pacific.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.