Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Introduction
- Knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) is the process of outsourcing knowledge intensive activities that are data driven and encompass the process of analyzing, gathering, managing, and delivering objective insights into businesses. The KPO business includes the preparation of tax returns, accounts, computer aided simulation, financial services, and engineering design and development, among others.
- KPO means information related knowledge-based processes or business tasks such as consultancy, research, analysis, or other high-level tasks, which are outsourced. These tasks are allocated to the subsidiary of the same organization or done by another company.
- Moreover, knowledge process outsourcing is a continuation of business process outsourcing. Various services that are being outsourced are data management, search and analytics, contract research and biotech, animation and gaming services, remote education and publishing, banking, securities and insurance, market research and competitive intelligence, and scientific and medical content publishing among others.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Dynamics
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Technological advancements in the engineering sector is resulting in high demand for outsourcing the designing part of the components. This in turn is expected to drive the growth of the knowledge process outsourcing market.
- Increasing competition in businesses has resulted in a smaller cycle time for introducing services and products, which is one of the major factors boosting the knowledge process outsourcing market.
- Rising new business concerns across the globe is expected to fuel the knowledge process outsourcing market.
- Growing number of delivery centers worldwide, in order to fulfill the demands of clients is expected to drive the knowledge process outsourcing market.
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of the Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market
- In terms of region, the global knowledge process outsourcing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- The knowledge process outsourcing market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace over the forecast period, due to rising activities related to IT offshoring/outsourcing. This is an incentive for the growth of the knowledge process outsourcing market in the region.
- The knowledge process outsourcing market in Asia Pacific is expected to hold significant share due to rising customer demand for high-quality services, which in turn is forcing enterprises to adopt systems and business models that not only provide strategic value to their products and services, but also enhance operational efficiency. This is set to accelerate the growth of the KPO market in the APAC region. India is one of the major countries driving the growth of the KPO market, as India leads in KPO services.
- South America is expected to observe the fastest growth in the global KPO market due to the increasing emphasis on research and analysis of data by many large and medium firms in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market
Local, regional, and international players are present in the knowledge process outsourcing market. The global knowledge process outsourcing market is highly consolidated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. Key players operating in the global knowledge process outsourcing market are:
- IBM Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- WNS (Holdings) Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited.
- Oracle Corporation
- McKinsey & Company
- Wipro Limited
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Research Scope
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market Segmentation, by Service
- Analytics & Market Research
- Engineering & Design
- Financial Process Outsourcing
- Legal Services
- Publishing Outsourcing
- Market Research and Data Analysis
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market Segmentation, by End-user
- IT & Telecom
- Others ( Energy, Logistics, Oil & Gas)
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.