Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Introduction
- Knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) is the process of outsourcing knowledge intensive activities that are data driven and encompass the process of analyzing, gathering, managing, and delivering objective insights into businesses. The KPO business includes the preparation of tax returns, accounts, computer aided simulation, financial services, and engineering design and development, among others.
- KPO means information related knowledge-based processes or business tasks such as consultancy, research, analysis, or other high-level tasks, which are outsourced. These tasks are allocated to the subsidiary of the same organization or done by another company.
- Moreover, knowledge process outsourcing is a continuation of business process outsourcing. Various services that are being outsourced are data management, search and analytics, contract research and biotech, animation and gaming services, remote education and publishing, banking, securities and insurance, market research and competitive intelligence, and scientific and medical content publishing among others.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Dynamics
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Technological advancements in the engineering sector is resulting in high demand for outsourcing the designing part of the components. This in turn is expected to drive the growth of the knowledge process outsourcing market.
- Increasing competition in businesses has resulted in a smaller cycle time for introducing services and products, which is one of the major factors boosting the knowledge process outsourcing market.
- Rising new business concerns across the globe is expected to fuel the knowledge process outsourcing market.
- Growing number of delivery centers worldwide, in order to fulfill the demands of clients is expected to drive the knowledge process outsourcing market.
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of the Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market
- In terms of region, the global knowledge process outsourcing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- The knowledge process outsourcing market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace over the forecast period, due to rising activities related to IT offshoring/outsourcing. This is an incentive for the growth of the knowledge process outsourcing market in the region.
- The knowledge process outsourcing market in Asia Pacific is expected to hold significant share due to rising customer demand for high-quality services, which in turn is forcing enterprises to adopt systems and business models that not only provide strategic value to their products and services, but also enhance operational efficiency. This is set to accelerate the growth of the KPO market in the APAC region. India is one of the major countries driving the growth of the KPO market, as India leads in KPO services.
- South America is expected to observe the fastest growth in the global KPO market due to the increasing emphasis on research and analysis of data by many large and medium firms in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market
Local, regional, and international players are present in the knowledge process outsourcing market. The global knowledge process outsourcing market is highly consolidated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. Key players operating in the global knowledge process outsourcing market are:
- IBM Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- WNS (Holdings) Ltd.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited.
- Oracle Corporation
- McKinsey & Company
- Wipro Limited
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market: Research Scope
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market Segmentation, by Service
- Analytics & Market Research
- Engineering & Design
- Financial Process Outsourcing
- Legal Services
- Publishing Outsourcing
- Market Research and Data Analysis
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market Segmentation, by End-user
- IT & Telecom
- Others ( Energy, Logistics, Oil & Gas)
Global Knowledge Process Outsourcing Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.