Global Jug in a Box Packaging Market: An Overview
The global packaging industry has undergone significant transformation during the past few years driven by the need to create absolute customization. Innovative packaging solutions are considered attractive, and therefore, there is substantial growth opportunity for customized packaging solutions. The concept of jug in a box packaging is intended to enhance ease of handling. Jug in a box packaging is one of the most commonly used packaging designs used for edible oil packaging, as a bulk packaging concept. The most common size for jug in a box packaging is 35 lbs or 4.6 gallons. Jug in a box packaging is efficient if there is a requirement of storing cooking oil for an extended period as it helps increase shelf life. The outlook for jug in a box packaging market is expected to be moderate to positive keeping in mind, the threat from sustainable alternatives like bag in box packaging
Global Jug in a Box Packaging Market: Dynamics
The use of jug in a box packaging is largely driven by consumer need for convenient packaging solutions. Jug in a box packaging is mostly used for cooking oil, and is preferred by brands as they enable better handling grip. To enhance convenience, jug in a box manufacturers also provide the option for users to remove the jug from the container. The jug in a box market mainly comprises of a limited number of manufacturers which produce both the jugs and corrugated boxes, while in most cases, the jugs and corrugated boxes are sourced separately by brands and then put together. One of the key factors expected to affect growth of the global jug in a box packaging market is the introduction of bag in box oil packaging solutions, which is widely considered as an environment-friendly alternative. As a result, it is anticipated that the global jug in a box packaging market might face some turbulence, going forward.
Global Jug in a Box Packaging Market: Segmentation
The global Jug in a Box Packaging Market is segmented as follows -
By material, the global Jug in a Box Packaging Market is segmented into –
- Paper & paperboard
By application, the global Jug in a Box Packaging Market is segmented into –
- Soybean Oil
- Palm oil
- Peanut Oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive Oil
- Mustard Oil
- Other edible oil
By end use, the global Jug in a Box Packaging Market is segmented into –
- Foodservice & retail
- Sauces & dressings
- Food manufacturers
Global Jug in a Box Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
The North America jug in a box packaging market is expected to lead during the forecast period, both in terms of CAGR and market share. Developing countries such as India and China have witnessed an increase in usage of jug in a box packaging for edible oil, and are expected to emerge as the leading contributors to growth of the regional as well as global jug in a box packaging market, by the end of 2028.
Recent Developments in the Global Jug in a Box Packaging Market
- In November 2018, LoCo Cookers introduced a new product for use with their turkey fryers, i.e. LoCo Peanut Oil Blend. The product was introduced in jug in a box packaging format which can handle 3 gallons of oil. The company sourced the jug and the corrugated box, separately.
- In August 2018, DS Smith Plastic Rapak North America announced its focused efforts on developing sustainable packaging solutions for edible oil such as a Bag in box with a Polyethylene-based bag. This could be a key rival to the jug in a box packaging format.
Global Jug in a Box Packaging Market: Key players
One of the leading players operating in the jug in a box packaging market is Ampak Inc. It produces jug in a box packaging solutions in 16 liter and 17 liter variants made from HDPE.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.