- Isophorone is α, β-Unsaturated carbonyl compound. Isophorone is a clear to pale yellow liquid with a distinguished odor. It is produced in large scale by the aldol condensation of acetone with potassium hydroxide as an ingredient. Intermediates used in the production of isophorone are mesityl oxide, diacetone alcohol, and 3-hydroxy-3,5,5-trimethylcyclohexan-1-one.
- Isophorone possesses high boiling point and high solvency power. It is a low pressure liquid. These properties make it an ideal solvent in the production of various chemicals. On the other hand, isophorone is also used as a chemical intermediate in various reactions. Apart from being lighter than water, isophorone is moderately water soluble. It exhibits excellent solvent properties for resins, polymers (natural and synthetic), binders, and a number of different chemical products. Isophorone is toxic when ingested and causes irritation upon contact with the skin.
- It is used as an intermediate in organic synthesis. It is also used as a solvent. For instance, isophorone is applied as a corrosion resistant on bridges, scaffolding, and/or sluices in the construction industry. It is one of the vital constituents in wood preservatives and floor sealants. Isophorone is added to automobile paints. It is also helps improve the properties of fuel.
- Isophorone is used as a raw material in the production of several chemicals owing to its special molecular structure. It acts as an intermediate in manufacture of compounds such as isophorone diamine and isophorone diisocyanate. Isophorone derivatives are used in several areas such as metal cans, metal paints, and nitrocellulose finishes. Isophorone is also used in vinyl chloride or acetate-based coating systems. Manufacturers of printing inks used for plastics also require a smooth supply of isophorone. It helps improve the brightness and fluidity of paints, adhesives, and printing inks.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Isophorone Market
Isophorone is used as solvent in production of adhesives. Adhesive are used in the construction industry for various activities such as flooring adhesives, architectural coatings, elastomeric roof coatings, water-proofing membranes, sealants, joint compounds, mortar modification, nonwoven applications, fiber bonding, and mortar modification. Growth in the construction industry in developed as well as developing countries owing to increase in urbanization, rise in technological advancements, and growth in disposable income are expected to drive the global isophorone market during the forecast period.
- Solvents are one of the important raw materials along with pigments, binders, and additives in the production of printing inks. Isophorone is used to keep ink in liquid form when it is applied on plate or cylinder until it is used for printing. It helps improve the brightness and fluidity of printing inks. Thus, increasing demand for isophorone in inks is anticipated to further drive the global isophorone market in the near future.
- Toxic effects of isophorone are expected to hinder the market in the near future
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Isophorone: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global isophorone market can be segmented into paints & coatings, construction, automotive, printing & ink, chemical, agrochemical, plastics, and others
- The construction segment is expected to capture significant share of the global isophorone market in the near future, owing to the increase in urbanization, infrastructure development, improvement in standard of living of the people, and rise in disposable income of the people
- The paints & coatings segment is also anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the rise in requirement of paints and coatings across the globe
Covid-19 Impact on Isophorone Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating on a limited capacity or have ceased operations due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturing activities across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This is expected to hamper the isophorone market to some extent.
- COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the global economy in three major ways: directly hampering production and demand, creating supply chain and market disruption, and adverse financial impact on firms and financial markets
North America to Global Dominate Isophorone Market
- In terms of region, the global isophorone market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America followed by Asia pacific is estimated to dominate the global isophorone market during the forecast period.
- North America is expected to be the prominent region of the global isophorone market, owing to the flourishing construction industry and unprecedented rise in building of structures such as shopping mall, complex, and residential as well as commercial projects in the region. The U.S. is also the second-largest producer of paints and coatings. These factors are expected to propel the isophorone market in the region in the near future.
- The isophorone market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, due to growth in automotive and construction sectors in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Isophorone Market
The global isophorone market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global isophorone market include:
- Arkema Group
- CHAIN FONG
- Penta Manufacturing Company
- TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Evonik Industries
- Jiangsu Huanxin High Tech Materials Co. Ltd
- Ningbo New Material Technology Co. Ltd
- Prasol Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- SI Group Inc.
- BASF SE
- Covestro AG
Global Isophorone Market: Research Scope
Global Isophorone Market, by End-user
- Paints & Coatings
- Printing & Ink
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.