Isopentane Market: Overview
- Isopentane, also known as 2-methyl butane, is a clear liquid that is highly flammable at room temperature. It is utilized as a foam blowing agent in the production of polystyrene, PU foams, etc. Various industrial grade isopentane are available in the market for specific applications. For instance, isopentane 40% is used for cleaning process in electronics, as it is highly volatile as well as has low content of impurities such as benzene, sulfur, total aromatics, and olefins.
Rise in Demand for Isopentane Foam Blowing Agent to Drive Market
- The usage of isopentane as foam blowing agent in expandable polystyrene foams is a major factor driving the global isopentane market. Blended form of isopentane is employed for this application, as it provides superior stability as well as ease in processing of foam. Expandable polystyrene (EPS) is used in a wide range of applications in end-use industries. This is projected to drive the isopentane market. EPS has applications in packaging, construction, and specialty foam manufacturing areas; of this, construction and packaging segments account for major share of the global market. Ban of CFCs and phase out plan for HCFCs has also increased the adoption of isopentane among end-users. Currently, most countries across the globe have initiated phase 2 of the phase out management plan for the HCFC, wherein countries have to decrease their dependence on HCFCs that are used in foam manufacturing and refrigeration systems in order to lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Under phase 2 management plan, countries are projected to stop manufacturing HCFCs and minimize internal consumption of HCFCs. Governments across the globe have already started promoting alternative non-HCFC foam blowing agents. They have also initiated the enactment of regulatory framework for setting up of standard codes for use of these non-HCFCs in foam manufacturing.
- Growth of the isopentane market is expected to remain below par owing to the availability of alternative compounds. High risk involved in handling of isopentane is also likely to negatively affect the market in the near future. However, the global isopentane market is estimated to expand in line with the global GDP rate with increasing adoption of isopentane in end-use industries, particularly among expandable polystyrene (EPS) manufacturers.
Pure Form Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on form, the global isopentane market can be segmented into pure form (99%), isopentane 95%, and blended isopentane
- The pure form segment is expected to dominate the global isopentane market during the forecast period. It is the fastest-growing form segment of the global isopentane market. Isopentane is primarily employed as a foam blowing agent in packaging and construction industries.
EPS Blowing Agent Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the global isopentane market can be divided into EPS blowing agent, electronic cleaning, chemical solvent, aerosol propellant, and others
- The EPS blowing agent segment is anticipated to dominate the global isopentane market during the forecast period. It is the second-fastest growing application segment of the global isopentane market.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Isopentane Market
- In terms of region, the global isopentane market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, owing to the presence of key manufacturers and rise in trade activities from China. Demand for isopentane is high among EPS manufacturers in the region due to the implementation of phase 2 of HCFC phase out management plan prescribed by the Montreal Protocol.
- North America is also projected to hold prominent share of the global isopentane market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to high demand for isopentane in packaging, construction, and electronics industries.
Key Players in Global Isopentane Market
- Manufacturers of isopentane are highly consolidated in Asia Pacific. Trading activities from countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, have been increasing at a rapid pace since the last few years.
- Prominent players operating in the global isopentane market are investing in technological developments and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position
Key players operating in the global isopentane market include:
- Phillips 66
- ExxonMobil Chemical
- TOP Solvent
- Junyuan Petroleum Group
- South Hampton Resources
- Aeropres Corporation
- Diversified CPC
- Rizhao Changlian
Global Isopentane Market: Research Scope
Global Isopentane Market, by Form
- Pure Form (99%)
- Isopentane 95%
- Blended Isopentane
- 20% Isopentane
- 40% Isopentane
- 50% Isopentane
- Custom Blended Isopentane
Global Isopentane Market, by Application
- EPS Blowing Agent
- Electronic Cleaning
- Chemical Solvent
- Aerosol Propellant
- Others (Cosmetic & Personal Care, Energy, etc.)
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.