Isopentane Market: Overview
- Isopentane, also known as 2-methyl butane, is a clear liquid that is highly flammable at room temperature. It is utilized as a foam blowing agent in the production of polystyrene, PU foams, etc. Various industrial grade isopentane are available in the market for specific applications. For instance, isopentane 40% is used for cleaning process in electronics, as it is highly volatile as well as has low content of impurities such as benzene, sulfur, total aromatics, and olefins.
Rise in Demand for Isopentane Foam Blowing Agent to Drive Market
- The usage of isopentane as foam blowing agent in expandable polystyrene foams is a major factor driving the global isopentane market. Blended form of isopentane is employed for this application, as it provides superior stability as well as ease in processing of foam. Expandable polystyrene (EPS) is used in a wide range of applications in end-use industries. This is projected to drive the isopentane market. EPS has applications in packaging, construction, and specialty foam manufacturing areas; of this, construction and packaging segments account for major share of the global market. Ban of CFCs and phase out plan for HCFCs has also increased the adoption of isopentane among end-users. Currently, most countries across the globe have initiated phase 2 of the phase out management plan for the HCFC, wherein countries have to decrease their dependence on HCFCs that are used in foam manufacturing and refrigeration systems in order to lower greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Under phase 2 management plan, countries are projected to stop manufacturing HCFCs and minimize internal consumption of HCFCs. Governments across the globe have already started promoting alternative non-HCFC foam blowing agents. They have also initiated the enactment of regulatory framework for setting up of standard codes for use of these non-HCFCs in foam manufacturing.
- Growth of the isopentane market is expected to remain below par owing to the availability of alternative compounds. High risk involved in handling of isopentane is also likely to negatively affect the market in the near future. However, the global isopentane market is estimated to expand in line with the global GDP rate with increasing adoption of isopentane in end-use industries, particularly among expandable polystyrene (EPS) manufacturers.
Pure Form Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on form, the global isopentane market can be segmented into pure form (99%), isopentane 95%, and blended isopentane
- The pure form segment is expected to dominate the global isopentane market during the forecast period. It is the fastest-growing form segment of the global isopentane market. Isopentane is primarily employed as a foam blowing agent in packaging and construction industries.
EPS Blowing Agent Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the global isopentane market can be divided into EPS blowing agent, electronic cleaning, chemical solvent, aerosol propellant, and others
- The EPS blowing agent segment is anticipated to dominate the global isopentane market during the forecast period. It is the second-fastest growing application segment of the global isopentane market.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Isopentane Market
- In terms of region, the global isopentane market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, owing to the presence of key manufacturers and rise in trade activities from China. Demand for isopentane is high among EPS manufacturers in the region due to the implementation of phase 2 of HCFC phase out management plan prescribed by the Montreal Protocol.
- North America is also projected to hold prominent share of the global isopentane market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to high demand for isopentane in packaging, construction, and electronics industries.
Key Players in Global Isopentane Market
- Manufacturers of isopentane are highly consolidated in Asia Pacific. Trading activities from countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, have been increasing at a rapid pace since the last few years.
- Prominent players operating in the global isopentane market are investing in technological developments and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position
Key players operating in the global isopentane market include:
- Phillips 66
- ExxonMobil Chemical
- TOP Solvent
- Junyuan Petroleum Group
- South Hampton Resources
- Aeropres Corporation
- Diversified CPC
- Rizhao Changlian
Global Isopentane Market: Research Scope
Global Isopentane Market, by Form
- Pure Form (99%)
- Isopentane 95%
- Blended Isopentane
- 20% Isopentane
- 40% Isopentane
- 50% Isopentane
- Custom Blended Isopentane
Global Isopentane Market, by Application
- EPS Blowing Agent
- Electronic Cleaning
- Chemical Solvent
- Aerosol Propellant
- Others (Cosmetic & Personal Care, Energy, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.