COVID-19 Impact on Global Isononyl Alcohol Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. Also, the spread of coronavirus caused a fall in demand for chemical intermediates due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets.
- A number of major chemical producing & consuming countries observed significant variation in demand for isononyl alcohol in applications such as soaps and shampoos due to the pandemic
Key Drivers and Restraints of Isononyl Alcohol Market
- The isononyl alcohol market is witnessing substantial growth owing to the significant demand for the manufacture of plasticizers. The largest application of isononyl alcohol is plasticizers. The replacement of low molecular weight plasticizers by high molecular weight phthalates such as DINP is a current trend in the plasticizer market. As a result, demand for DINP feedstock and isononyl alcohol is expected to increase significantly during the forecast period. Thus, development of polymers and plastic manufacturing significantly impact the demand and consumption of isononyl alcohol.
- The isononyl alcohol market is significantly affected by environmental laws and regulations. These laws and regulations have led to significant developments in the manufacturing method and disposal of chemicals.
Isononyl Alcohol Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the isononyl alcohol market can be divided into DINP, DINCH, and others. The DINP segment dominates the global isononyl alcohol market. Isononyl alcohol is used as a feedstock for the production of DINP and DINCH plasticizers. With extended performance, isononyl alcohol is also used in construction, electrical wiring cables, and also for hygiene products. The isononyl alcohol market is witnessing substantial growth owing to the significant demand for the plasticizers.
- The ongoing trend in the plasticizer market involves the substitution of low molecular weight plasticizers by high molecular weight phthalates such as DINP
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Isononyl Alcohol Market
- In terms of region, the global isononyl alcohol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold the major share of the global market owing to the extensive use of isononyl alcohol in detergents and polymer additive products in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is poised to surpass US$ 11 Bn by the end of 2027 due to the high availability of low-cost labor as well as raw materials. The region also has less strict regulations compared to North America and Europe. This is propelling the market. Demand for isononyl alcohol is high in in China owing to large-scale industrialization in the country.
- China also has extensive demand for polymers and plastic and chemical additives. This, along with low-cost production with relaxed government regulations, is expected to boost the isononyl alcohol market in the country during the forecast period.
- Increase in consumption of isononyl alcohol for chemical processing and manufacturing in India, China, South Korea, and Japan is also boosting the isononyl alcohol market in Asia Pacific
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Isononyl Alcohol Market
The global isononyl alcohol market was consolidated in 2021. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the isononyl alcohol market include:
- Arkema Group
- BASF Petronas Chemicals Sdn. Bhd.
- Bax Chemicals
- DowDuPont, Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Evonik Industries AG
- ExxonMobil Chemical Company
- INEOS Group
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Oxea Corporation
- Qatar Petroleum
- The Andhra Petrochemicals Ltd.
- Zak S.A.
- KH Neochem Co., Ltd.
- Nan Ya PLASTICS
Isononyl Alcohol Market: Research Scope
Isononyl Alcohol Market, by Type
- C4 Chemicals Process
- ExxonMobil Process
Isononyl Alcohol Market, by Application
Global Isononyl Alcohol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Isononyl Alcohol Market: Introduction
- Isononyl alcohol (INA) is a primary alcohol with nine carbons. Isononyl alcohol is a branching chain of saturated alcohols that belongs to the fragrance structural group.
- It is made through hydroformylation, hydrogenation, distillation, and refining of dimerized octane
- Isononyl alcohol appears as a transparent, colorless, and combustible liquid with a distinctive light odor
- Detergents and polymer additives contain isononyl alcohol. Isononyl alcohol is utilized as a feedstock for the manufacture of DINP, DINA, and TINTM plasticizers due to its alcohol properties. It is used as a scent in soap, hair spray, face creams, and shampoo in little doses.
- Plasticizers are an important component of the chemical industry, particularly in the plastics industry. Isononyl alcohol is the main chemical component of these high molecular weight plasticizers. Isononyl alcohol is also used in electrical wire cables and hygiene items.