Isomalt Market (Nature: Organic and Conventional; Form: Powder and Syrup; and End Use: Confectionery, Sugar Confectionery, Bakery Products, Breakfast Cereals and Bars, Dairy Products, Frozen Desserts, Beverages, Sports Drink, Meat and Fish Products, Infant Formula, Pharmaceuticals, Oral Care, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Pilot Testing Supports Crystallization of Isomalt Used in Polyol-group Products
Sugar reduction and sugar replacement are considered as megatrends in the F&B industry. This trend has triggered the demand for crystalline form of sugar substitutes such as Isomalt. For instance, BMA Automation-a provider of automation solutions for sugar and food industries, is increasing efforts to acquire knowledge of process engineering for polyol-group of products such as Isomalt, xylitol, and sorbitol, among others. There is a growing demand for machinery and equipment that delivers processing of polyol-group products.
The trend of pilot testing is revolutionizing the Isomalt market, which is why the market is estimated to progress at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. Laboratory testing has been helping companies in the Isomalt market to scale up their production level. Pilot tests help to build the credibility of Isomalt manufacturers, resulting in optimization of various processing parameters. Lab tests are supporting the trend of crystalline form of sugar substitutes that are being pervasively used to develop polyol-group products.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Isomalt Market
Innovations in Sugar-free Hard-boiled Candies Gain Global Recognition
New innovations in hard-boiled candy products are generating incremental opportunities for companies in the Isomalt market. For instance, Turkish startup Toller Gida, announced to join forces with ingredients supplier BENEO to develop a sugar-free version of the former’s hard-boiled sweet called SoundyCandy. Isomalt innovators are gaining recognition to showcase their new hard-boiled candy innovations that enhance consumer experience. Hence, companies in the Isomalt market are capitalizing on this trend to enable sugar reduction and sugar replacement megatrends in hard-boiled candies.
Moreover, inorganic strategies such as company collaborations are catalyzing revenue growth, where the global market is estimated to surpass a value of US$ 1.6 Bn by the end of 2030. Technical teams in companies are at the forefront to experiment with Isomalt in order to enhance the flavors of candies. This is evident since sugar confectionaries are estimated to dictate the highest revenue among all end uses in the market.
Isomalt: Hero or Villain in Sugar Confectionaries?
Sugar is increasingly being used in making sugar sculptures that entice customers in the HoReCa (Hotels, Restaurants & Cafes) industry. However, hydroscopic properties of sugar pose as limitations in countries with humid weather conditions, resulting in the lumping of sugar due to humidity. Hence, companies in the Isomalt market are increasing awareness about the novel sugar substitute, since resistant properties of Isomalt are far better in comparison with sugar. However, it has been found that even Isomalt tends to go dull and cloudy as quickly as sugar in extreme humid weather conditions. As such, users are more comfortable in making sugar confectionaries with Isomalt than sugar, since the latter completely dissolves in extreme weather conditions.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies in the Isomalt market are increasing awareness about sugar-free and low-calorie content that is grabbing the attention of consumers. Many dieticians are recommending Isomalt for health-conscious individuals who are following sugar-limited weight control plans. As such, it is being argued that Isomalt does not shine like sugar, thus missing out on the aesthetic feel in sugar confectionaries. In all, Isomalt applications are dependent on consumer demand.
Manufacturers Face Challenges to Fulfill Volatile Demands amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
Companies in the Isomalt market are experiencing high and volatile demand for sugar substitutes amidst the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. However, companies are facing logistical challenges such as fewer containers and reduced manpower at harbors. As such, companies in the Isomalt market are increasing efforts to mitigate delays in shipments through planned production practices and combined team effort. They are not facing a shortage in procurement of raw materials, but are challenged with planned maintenance and engineering works at production plants.
Since third party companies were not allowed in factory premises during the past few weeks of the coronavirus outbreak, it has understandably resulted in the mismanagement of production activities in factories. Though authorities have recently allowed suppliers to carry out necessary works on factory floors, compliance with safety measures continues to cause a slowdown in production activities.
Moreover, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the supply chain network has been severely affected following lockdown. This is expected to result in economic slowdown for the next 3-4 years. As Isomalt is a convenience product among health conscious consumers and not a necessity, its demand is expected to decline over the next couple of years and then reach a stagnant phase.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Isomalt Market
Companies in the Isomalt market spreading awareness about the need for standard contingency plans to better prepare for coronavirus-like situations in the future. Low sugar trends catalyze bulk sweetener innovations. In addition, the demand for natural sweetening options surge, as polyols gain increased visibility in sugar confectionaries.
Sugar works are trending in a myriad of high-end buffet setups and hotels. However, Isomalt is expensive compared to sugar and requires practice to garnish sugar works with Isomalt. Hence, companies should advice consumers before they invest in Isomalt and increase awareness about quick fixes such as the usage of mineral water to avoid the yellowish tinge in sugar sculptures
Isomalt Market: Overview
- The global Isomalt market’s value stood at ~US$ 900 Mn in 2020, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach ~US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.1%.
- The Isomalt market is likely to gain from the increasing demand from various end-use industries. The Isomalt market is also driven by the rising trend of health and wellness among the population suffering from lifestyle diseases. This section of the population demand sugar alternatives, which will bode well for the market.
- Rising concerns regarding good quality food products and growing consciousness toward healthy food consumption are key factors due to which, consumers opt for organic Isomalt products. Organic Isomalt is naturally extracted from pure sugar beet, which is grown with no chemical additives or pesticides. It helps in satisfying consumer demand for pure and natural intake of sugar replacer.
- With the rising trend for sustainability to safeguard the environment, many market players are expanding their product portfolio to include organic products. This is providing huge platforms for manufacturers to intensify their business with the development and launch of organic Isomalt.
Sugar Confectionery: Winning Component in End Uses
- Isomalt is segmented as organic and conventional in terms of nature. Conventional Isomalt is the leading segment among the two, accounting for the ~92.4% of the market share in 2020, in terms of value.
- In terms of form, the Isomalt market has been divided into powder and syrup. The powder form is highly preferred over the syrup form across the globe, owing to the ease in transportation and low risk of contamination. In 2020, on the basis of value, powder and syrup accounts for 78.3% and 21.7%, respectively, of the market share.
- Several industries are using Isomalt as a raw material to manufacture products, such as confectionery, sugar confectionery, bakery products, dairy products, frozen desserts, beverages, sports drink, meat and fish products, infant formula, pharmaceuticals, oral care, and others. Among all these, Isomalt is majorly used in sugar confectionery, beverages, and bakery products as a sugar substitute. These three segments together constitute nearly ~59.6% of overall market share.
- Europe holds the largest share of ~28.3% of the global Isomalt market, followed by North America and East Asia with ~21.8% and ~16.9%, respectively. The rest of the world (ROW) accounts for the remaining market share.
Isomalt Market: Trends
- Rising Demand for Substitutes to Sugar to Increases Adoption of Isomalt
Isomalt is a type of artificial sweetener derived from sugar beets, and used as a substitute to sugar in various food and dairy products. Isomalt is very low glycemic indexed, which means it hardly manipulates blood insulin or glucose. This makes it a potential consumable ingredient to lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases and obesity. Thus, players in the Isomalt market are benefiting from the increase in demand for food supplements that are sugar-free, from consumers suffering from diabetes and obesity.
- Widening Use of Isomalt in Food Industry
Isomalt is non-hygroscopic in nature due to which, it is resistant to moisture conditions. It absorbs very less water and thus, products made with it are non-sticky. It dissolves gradually in the mouth and leaves a lingering taste. These properties make Isomalt most suitable for making candies and chewing gums. It is also widely used in cake and dessert decoration. On the back of these factors, the demand for Isomalt is increasing.
- Increasing Use of FDDTs in Pharmaceutical Industry Aid Market Growth
Fast dissolving disintegrating tablets (FDDT), which includes orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) and sublingual, are in high demand. These ODTs are dispersed rapidly in the oral cavity and dissolve in saliva without intake of water. These are becoming very popular nowadays, as they are convenient for injection. Cargill is one leading manufacturers in the pharmaceuticals industry, which is used in the production of Isomalt-based granules and medications.
Isomalt Market: Strategies
- Companies are adopting customer centric approach in order to create strong consumer base for their business. SINOFI, one of the leading Isomalt producers, not only focuses on selling food ingredients and processed food, but also offers high value-added services to clients. The company is offering unique and innovative products to clients. The end products are of the highest quality-FDA, HACCP, Kosher, and Halal certified.
- Product Launches and Key Innovations: Manufacturers have innovated new application for Isomalt usage in cosmetic and skin care industries
- Isomalt has the property to preserve moisture of skin and hence, is suitable for use in body lotions. Gillco Ingredients is the company that provides Isomalt-based cosmetic products such as moisturizers and lotions.
Target Region for Isomalt Market
- In terms of value, Europe is expected to dominate the overall global Isomalt market in 2020, followed by North America. This trend is anticipated to continue during forecast period.
Isomalt Market: Players
- Some of the key manufacturers operating in the Isomalt market, as profiled in the study, are
- Cargill Incorporated
- Merck KGaA
- BENEO GmbH
- Baolingbao Biology Co., Ltd.
- S.A.Pharamchem Pvt. Ltd.
- Quadra Chemicals Ltd.
- Akhil Healthcare Pvt Ltd.
- Wilmar Bioethanol
- KF Speciality Ingredients
- Deiman SA de CV
- SINO Food Ingredients (SINOFI)
Isomalt Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a market study on the Isomalt market. It provides a detailed assessment of key market dynamics, including the drivers, trends, opportunities & restraints, and detailed information about the Isomalt market structure. The market study presents exclusive information about how the Isomalt market will grow during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of the market, value chain, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) are elaborated in the study in a comprehensive manner. This information is intended to help readers understand the quantitative growth prospects of the Isomalt market during the forecast period.
The study is intended to offer a holistic market overview to stakeholders in the Isomalt market, including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and investors and to help them develop winning growth strategies. Stakeholders in the Isomalt market, which include investors, industry experts, researchers, and journalists, and business researchers, can leverage the information and data presented in TMR’s study.
The study also includes statistics and facts related to the macro as well as microeconomic factors that are impacting the expansion of the market. It also offers actionable insights into the future trends in the Isomalt market. Furthermore, small businesses and new entrants in the Isomalt market can make use of the information presented in this study based on which, they can make appropriate business decisions in order to gain momentum in the market.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Isomalt Market Report
- Which region will continue to remain the most profitable regional market for Isomalt market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for Isomalt during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the Isomalt market?
- How can market players capitalize on the low-hanging opportunities in the Isomalt market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the Isomalt market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the Isomalt market to push their position in the forefront?
Isomalt Market – Research Methodology
In TMR’s study, a unique research methodology is used to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Isomalt market and identify future growth parameters. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research to help analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts for compiling the Isomalt market study include statistics from governmental organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Information acquired from primary sources and secondary sources has been compiled in a comprehensive manner. This also acts as validation from companies in the Isomalt market, which makes TMR’s projections more accurate and reliable.
Isomalt Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the Isomalt market offers information divided into important segments - nature, form, end use, and region. This report offers comprehensive data and information about important market dynamics and growth parameters associated with these categories.