Iron-based coagulant Market: Enhanced Coagulation-Flocculation Performance Properties
- Coagulation is a preliminary water treatment process, wherein coagulants are added to water to clump the small, destabilized particles together into larger aggregates so that they can be separated from the water.
- Commonly used coagulants are iron and aluminum salts. Salts of other metals such as zirconium and titanium are also very effective.
- Iron-based coagulants are commonly used in purification of wastewater and sludge conditioning and dewatering at municipal wastewater treatment stations, leather industries, paper & pulp industry, and food processing plants. Ferric chloride and ferric sulfate are the commonly used iron salts to treat water.
- Large numbers of iron coagulants are available in the market. These include ferric chloride (FeCl3), ferrous chloride (FeCl2), ferric sulfate (Fe2 (SO4)3), and ferrous sulfate (FeSO4).
- Ferric chloride is combined with hydrogen peroxide to form Fenton's Reagent, which is widely used to oxidize organic contaminants in water. Ferric chloride-based coagulants are ideal for removing metals such as copper, nickel, zinc, and phosphorous from water. It reacts with phosphates to form insoluble iron salts, causing it to precipitate out of solution.
- Ferric chloride-based coagulants can be tailored to specific requirements and can reduce the number of water treatment chemicals that need to be added during water treatment processes.
- Ferric sulfate-based coagulants are less corrosive than ferric chloride-based coagulants. They are effective in treatment of oily water, getting rid of turbidity, and removal of metals. Ferric sulfate-based coagulants are also effective in sludge dewatering.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Iron-based coagulant market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of Iron-based coagulant market
- Implementation of stringent government regulations on the treatment of wastewater before its discharge into water bodies is expected to drive the demand for Iron-based coagulants.
- Rise in government efforts to provide fresh and safe drinking water to global population is also anticipated to boost the demand for Iron-based coagulants in the wastewater industry
Decline in fresh water resources and regulation on waste water treatment to offer attractive opportunities
- Decline in fresh water resources due to the misuse of water has increased water deficit across the globe.
- Governments around the world are imposing regulations on the treatment of wastewater and increasing its reusability. Rise in trend of water treatment and water reuse is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the manufacturers operating in the iron-based coagulants market.
- Iron-based coagulants help remove odor, phosphates, and biological oxygen demand (BOD) from waste water treatment plants. This further helps in reducing power consumption in aeration tanks. These factors are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to players operating in the Iron-based coagulant market.
Stiff Competition from Aluminium Sulfate, Aluminium Chloride, and Polyaluminium Chloride likely to restrain market
- Iron-based coagulants such as ferric chloride are highly corrosive. Water treatment equipment may stain upon contact with these coagulants. This can generate large amount of sludge during chemical precipitation. This is projected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
- Iron-based coagulants face stiff competition from other inorganic coagulants such as aluminium sulfate, aluminium chloride, and polyaluminum chloride, which possess similar characteristics as Iron-based coagulants. This may hamper the market during the forecast period. However, these coagulants are costlier than Iron-based coagulants. This is likely to boost the market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Iron-based coagulant market here
Asia Pacific expected to hold leading share in the global Iron-based coagulant market
In terms of region, the global iron-based coagulant market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms on consumption, Asia Pacific is expected to be the major region of the global Iron-based coagulant market during the forecast period. Increase in number of paper & pulp, food processing, chemical, and leather companies, which are significantly dependent on chemically treated water, is estimated to augment the Iron-based coagulant market in the region.
- China is the leading producer and exporter of Iron-based coagulants in Asia Pacific. Increase in population and rise in industrialization in emerging economies such as India, China, Indonesia, and Vietnam are indirect factors propelling the Iron-based coagulant market in Asia Pacific.
- The Iron-based coagulant market in North America and Europe is developed and is projected to expand at a modest pace during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are developing economies that are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers in the near future. Lack of fresh water supply and availability of advanced wastewater treatment process are compelling manufacturers to invest and expand their production capacities of Iron-based coagulants in these regions.
Key players in Iron-based Coagulant market:
New product launches and mergers & acquisitions are the key strategies adopted by top players operating in the market.
Key players operating in the global Iron-based Coagulant market include
- SNF Group
- Chemifloc LTD
- BASF SE
- Feralco AB
- Cytec Industries Incorporated
- Solenis Inc.
- Bauminas Quimica Ltda
- Aries Chemical, Inc.,
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd.
- Suez S.A.
- Pencco, Inc.
- ChemTreat, Inc.
- Tessenderlo Group.
- WEGLO-STAL D.O.O.
- POLOGY CHEMICAL PLANT COAGULANT ALC
Global Iron-based Coagulant Market: Research Scope
Global Iron-based Coagulant Market, by Product Type
- Ferric Chloride
- Ferric Sulphate
- Ferric Chloride Sulphate
- Polyferric sulphate
- Ferrous Sulphate
Global Iron-based Coagulant Market, by Applications
- Municipal waste water treatment
- Industrial waste water treatment
- Food & beverage
- Pulp & paper
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.