IP Multimedia Subsystem Market Introduction
- The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is an open, standardized architecture which offers voice over IP and multimedia services. The main aim of an IP multimedia subsystem is to merge multimedia services on IP networks and cellular networks globally, by using the same standard protocols for both fixed and mobile IP services.
- The rising demand for advance technology from service providers to reduce operation cost by transitioning to next-generation networks which support video, voice, and data services across different types of network access such as wireless, wireline etc, have accelerated the IP multimedia subsystem market globally. The IP multimedia subsystem permits service providers to deploy a complete array of real-time, personalized business and consumer multimedia services over different networks.
IP Multimedia Subsystem Market Dynamics
Rising demand for high speed Internet or emergence of 5G
- The development of next generation wireless network (5G) technology has become one of the major factors driving the growth of the IP multimedia subsystem market. According to Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, 5G technology services are expected to be commercialized in China by 2020. In addition, the increasing adoption of voice over internet protocol for rich communication such as voice, video, and data have driven the IP multimedia subsystem market globally. Voice over IP solutions use internet protocol networks to transmit the data (voice, video, etc) in small packets instead of analog telephone networks.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America expected to hold largest share in the global IP multimedia subsystem market
- Based on region, the IP multimedia subsystem market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held a dominant position in the global IP multimedia subsystem market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the IP multimedia subsystem market in this region. The extensive presence of big telecommunication giants and innovation of advance communication technologies such as rich communication services and private LTE have provided the dominant position to North America in the global IP multimedia subsystem market.
- The Asia Pacific IP multimedia subsystem market is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the IP multimedia subsystem market in this region. The increasing adoption of cloud platforms by telecommunication operators for transitioning analog networks to internet protocol networks have driven the demand for IP multimedia subsystems in this region.
Mobile operators expected to hold largest market share
- Based on application type, the IP multimedia subsystem market is segmented into mobile operators and fixed operators. The mobile operators segment held the leading position in the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period with a high growth rate.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key players operating in the global IP Multimedia Subsystem market:
- Some of the key players in the global IP multimedia subsystem market are listed below:
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- NEC Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- ZTE Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- CommVerge Solutions (HK) Limited
- Interop Technologies, LLC
- Italtel Ltd.
- Metaswitch Networks
- Oracle Corporation
- Radisys Corporation
- Ribbon Communications
- Samsung Group
- WIT Software SA
Figure: Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Company
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market: Research Scope
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Application
- Mobile Operators
- Fixed Operators
Figure: Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Application
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Component
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Region
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.