IP Multimedia Subsystem Market Introduction
- The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is an open, standardized architecture which offers voice over IP and multimedia services. The main aim of an IP multimedia subsystem is to merge multimedia services on IP networks and cellular networks globally, by using the same standard protocols for both fixed and mobile IP services.
- The rising demand for advance technology from service providers to reduce operation cost by transitioning to next-generation networks which support video, voice, and data services across different types of network access such as wireless, wireline etc, have accelerated the IP multimedia subsystem market globally. The IP multimedia subsystem permits service providers to deploy a complete array of real-time, personalized business and consumer multimedia services over different networks.
IP Multimedia Subsystem Market Dynamics
Rising demand for high speed Internet or emergence of 5G
- The development of next generation wireless network (5G) technology has become one of the major factors driving the growth of the IP multimedia subsystem market. According to Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, 5G technology services are expected to be commercialized in China by 2020. In addition, the increasing adoption of voice over internet protocol for rich communication such as voice, video, and data have driven the IP multimedia subsystem market globally. Voice over IP solutions use internet protocol networks to transmit the data (voice, video, etc) in small packets instead of analog telephone networks.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America expected to hold largest share in the global IP multimedia subsystem market
- Based on region, the IP multimedia subsystem market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held a dominant position in the global IP multimedia subsystem market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the IP multimedia subsystem market in this region. The extensive presence of big telecommunication giants and innovation of advance communication technologies such as rich communication services and private LTE have provided the dominant position to North America in the global IP multimedia subsystem market.
- The Asia Pacific IP multimedia subsystem market is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the IP multimedia subsystem market in this region. The increasing adoption of cloud platforms by telecommunication operators for transitioning analog networks to internet protocol networks have driven the demand for IP multimedia subsystems in this region.
Mobile operators expected to hold largest market share
- Based on application type, the IP multimedia subsystem market is segmented into mobile operators and fixed operators. The mobile operators segment held the leading position in the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period with a high growth rate.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key players operating in the global IP Multimedia Subsystem market:
- Some of the key players in the global IP multimedia subsystem market are listed below:
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- NEC Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- ZTE Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- CommVerge Solutions (HK) Limited
- Interop Technologies, LLC
- Italtel Ltd.
- Metaswitch Networks
- Oracle Corporation
- Radisys Corporation
- Ribbon Communications
- Samsung Group
- WIT Software SA
Figure: Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Company
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market: Research Scope
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Application
- Mobile Operators
- Fixed Operators
Figure: Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Application
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Component
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- The U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global IP Multimedia Subsystem Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.