Ion Milling System: Introduction
- Ion Milling is a process which involves removing the top amorphous layer on a material to reveal the pristine sample surface for high-resolution imaging and post-processing. It is of pivotal importance in cases such as Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) and Electron Back Scattered Diffraction (EBSD) studies.
- Ion Milling systems are sample preprocessing systems that polish the surface of samples using the sputtering effect caused by the irradiation of an argon ion beam onto the surface. These systems are particularly used research and development, quality control, and related activities in various fields such as electronics and advanced materials.
- In case of conventional method of polishing apply significant lateral sheer forces to the soft and composite sample and this often results in artifacts such as scratches, smearing, and wash-out of softer materials, delamination and other damage.
- Ion beam sputtering used by the ion milling machines is a stress free physical process in which atoms are ejected from a target material due to bombardment of the target by energized particles. An ion beam surface mask is created on the sample surface by forming an ion beam resistant mask on a surface in such way that one half of the vertically incident ion beam is blocked by the mask. The other half gradually removes the sample material protruding from the mask, which results in a straight cross sectional plain below the edge of the protective mask.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Rising uptake of Electron Microscopes
- The major applications of the microscopes include nanotechnology, semiconductor technology, and life sciences. The life science segment has been on the most encouraging segment for the use Sample electron microscope since it has vast and limitless application areas
- Microscopy, particularly electron microscopy has contributed largely to the field of life science and aided its evolutions which includes discovery of viruses, prevention of infection, clarification of the structure of organelles, drug development, and food safety.
- Furthermore, the growth in the semiconductor industry necessitates the need for fast, high-quality electrical and physical failure analysis in order to to control device structures at an atomic level. In line with this, electron microscopy has become an indispensable technique allowing high-resolution imaging with a quick turnaround time. With the help of microscopes meant for semiconductor field, it is possible to carry out failure analysis the sub-20nm technology node and even 7nm nodes
- Ion milling is of pivotal importance in transmission electron microscope and other microscopy fields. Hence, the rising uptake of electron microscope is projected to have a positive impact on the growth of ion milling systems market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure
Thriving semiconductor in the Growing economies to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The semiconductor industry has witnessed and unprecedented growth over the past few decades, especially in the developing economies.
- Furthermore, there has been a growing trend of miniaturization in the semiconductor industry owing to the demand for miniature electronics and space constrains in the electric appliances such as wearable devices and smart phones
- Ion milling systems are significantly used by the semiconductor industry for ensuring that the end products are defect free and manufacture with high precision and accuracy. Hence, the thriving semiconductor industry is expected to present significant growth opportunities for the Ion Milling Systems Market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global Ion Milling System market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Ion Milling System market in North America is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to rising demand for Ion Milling systems for applications such as industrial, life sciences, semiconductor, and material development applications, among many others. Thus, the suppliers of Ion Milling systems are expecting an increase in demand for their products from the North American region.
- Ion Milling System market in Asia Pacific and Europe is likely to demonstrate a healthy growth. This market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global Ion Milling System market is has significant number of players which makes is a fairly fragmented market. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for Ion Milling System. Moreover, manufacturers are focusing on the development of innovative products and gain a competitive edge in the Ion Milling Systems Market.
Key players operating in the global Ion Milling System market include:
- Veeco Instruments Inc.
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- Gatan, Inc.
- Intlvac Thin Film Corporation
- Nano-Master, Inc.
- Nano-Master, Inc.
- Technoorg Linda co. ltd.
- 4Wave Inc
- Oxford Instruments PLC
- Eden Instruments SAS
- Scientific Vacuum Systems Ltd.
- MicroFab Inc
- Leica Microsystems Gmbh
Global Ion Milling System Market: Research Scope
Global Ion Milling System Market, by Product Type
- Cross-Section Milling
- Flat Surface Milling
Global Ion Milling System Market, by Sample Type
Global Ion Milling System Market, by Application
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Geological Institutes
- Medical Research
Global Ion Milling System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.