Intimate Wear Market: Introduction
- Intimate wear, also known as undergarments, are an integral segment of the overall apparel manufacturing industry. It is the additional clothing layer used by men, women, and kids under outerwear. The comfort of intimate wear is largely associated with its design and fabric used. Most common fabrics used to design intimate wear include natural fibers, and synthetic fibers such as rayon, linen, cotton, silk, modal, Lycra, and nylon.
Key Drivers of the Global Intimate Wear Market
- Improved standard of living and rising number of working women is driving the demand for overall intimate wear across key geographical regions. Additionally, dramatic changes in female outerwear has resulted in specifications in the choice of lingerie. Therefore, manufacturers are engaged in continuous research and development in order to develop new products to satisfy the changing consumer tastes and preference.
- Rapid urbanization and changing demographics across emerging economies is anticipated to drive strong investment in intimate wear manufacturing. Increasing female literacy rate, diversified product offerings through multiple distribution channels, and growth in income level are key factors expected to boost the market penetration during the forecast period.
Key Trends in the Global Intimate Wear Market
- Growth in organized retailing and increasing investment in online distribution channels by key brands are important trends in the intimate wear market across different regions. Moreover, retailers are focused on offering the right product mix with a combination of global and local brands to cater to different consumer groups at different price points.
- E-commerce platforms specializing in the marketing and distribution of lingerie have increased significantly in recent years. Millennial consumers prefer online channels to avail best discounts on popular brands as well as to purchase latest designs and patterns endorsed by well-known celebrities.
Asia Pacific Recognized as the Key Market for Intimate Wear
- By region, the global intimate wear market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. The country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the intimate wear market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the intimate wear market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America intimate wear market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Evolving consumer profiles and rise in new age-consumers with high income levels, fashion-awareness, and willingness to spend on quality products is driving the demand for intimate ware in Asia Pacific. Moreover, expansion of the working class population and rising number of working women in countries such as India, China, and Japan is projected to drive the market growth in the near future.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key brands of intimate wear are focused on product diversification, aggressive advertising, improved designs and patterns, and strong branding. Moreover, companies are expanding their offline distribution network with the launch of exclusive brand stores in mega cities to cater to urban consumers. Collaboration with hypermarket retailers and e-commerce companies is the key marketing strategy of intimate wear brands.
Some of the major companies identified in the global Intimate wear market are:
- Hanes Brands Inc.
- L Brand Inc.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- Jockey International Inc.
- American Eagle Outfitters (Aerie)
- MAS Holdings
- Triumph International Ltd.
- Ann Summers
- Hanky Panky Ltd.
- PVH Corporation
- Marks and Spencer
- Chantelle Group
Global Intimate Wear Market: Research Scope
Global Intimate Wear Market, by Gender
- Shape Wear
- Sleep Wear
- Sports Wear
- Maternity Wear
- Regular Briefs
- Boxer Briefs
- Boxer Shorts
- Trunks Briefs
Global Intimate Wear Market, by Material
- Others (Linen, etc.)
Global Intimate Wear Market, by Price
Global Intimate Wear Market, by Consumer Group
Global Intimate Wear Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company-Owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Hypermarket & Departmental Stores
- Others (Independent Retailers, etc.)
Global Intimate Wear Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global intimate wear market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.