Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT): Introduction
- Internet of battlefield things (IoBT), also known as internet of military things (IoMT) was a term invented by Dr. Alexander Kott, Chief Scientist of the United States Army Research Lab.
- The internet of battlefield things is a complex network of interrelated entities in the military domain for combat operations and warfare. It is expected to be used in future military battles, where military battles are likely to be dominated by machine intelligence and cyber warfare.
- The internet of battlefield things is a complete system of wearables, IoT devices, and sensors that use edge and cloud computing to create a cohesive fighting force.
- The global internet of battlefield things market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to advancement in technologies across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Dynamics
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in demand for better communication and interaction with the physical environment to accomplish a broad range of activities in a more efficient and informed manner in military is estimated to boost the growth of the internet of battlefield things market during the forecast period.
- Additionally, rise in adoption of cloud computing technologies among various sectors is projected to boost the demand for internet of battlefield things across the globe.
- Surge in demand for effective compliance with stringent regulatory laws is a major factor likely to accelerate the market in the next few years.
- Rising demand to increase situational awareness, risk assessment, and response time is also expected to propel the market during the forecast period
- Increased demand for automated management of combat operations and warfare along with automatic identification the enemy, monitoring of soldiers’ physical and mental state, and syncing of soldiers with weapons systems and other devices across the globe is anticipated to increase the demand for internet of battlefield things during the forecast period. Internet of battlefield things offers high levels of biometric monitoring of human resources, control of weapons, vehicles, context-adaptive unlocking, etc.
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Restraints
- One of the most significant challenges of the internet of battlefield things market is integration and implementation of diverse and dynamic set of sensors, including the worn sensors and static ground sensors of soldiers. Thus, integration challenge is the major factor projected to hinder the global internet of battlefield things market in the next few years.
- Data security and privacy concerns are also likely to hamper the internet of battlefield things market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods has been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This in turn is projected to indirectly hamper the global internet of battlefield things market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop digitalization technologies in order to minimize the negative consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on their businesses.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market
- In terms of region, the global internet of battlefield things market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global internet of battlefield things market in 2019, due to the presence of well-established and technologically advanced players in the region. Rising demand for agile IT infrastructure is anticipated to boost the internet of battlefield things market in the region.
- The internet of battlefield things market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rapid adoption of cloud computing technology along with increased situational awareness and risk assessment in the region.
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Competition Landscape
At present, only few players are active in the internet of battlefield things market with a strong presence. However, rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global internet of battlefield things market. Market players are gradually focusing on mergers and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market
- Science Applications International Corporation
- Thales Group
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- BAE Systems
- L3 Harris Technologies
- DRS Technologies, Inc. (Leonardo DRS)
- Airbus SE
- The Boeing Company
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Research Scope
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market, by Component
- IoT Devices
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market, by Deployment
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.