Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT): Introduction
- Internet of battlefield things (IoBT), also known as internet of military things (IoMT) was a term invented by Dr. Alexander Kott, Chief Scientist of the United States Army Research Lab.
- The internet of battlefield things is a complex network of interrelated entities in the military domain for combat operations and warfare. It is expected to be used in future military battles, where military battles are likely to be dominated by machine intelligence and cyber warfare.
- The internet of battlefield things is a complete system of wearables, IoT devices, and sensors that use edge and cloud computing to create a cohesive fighting force.
- The global internet of battlefield things market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to advancement in technologies across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Dynamics
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in demand for better communication and interaction with the physical environment to accomplish a broad range of activities in a more efficient and informed manner in military is estimated to boost the growth of the internet of battlefield things market during the forecast period.
- Additionally, rise in adoption of cloud computing technologies among various sectors is projected to boost the demand for internet of battlefield things across the globe.
- Surge in demand for effective compliance with stringent regulatory laws is a major factor likely to accelerate the market in the next few years.
- Rising demand to increase situational awareness, risk assessment, and response time is also expected to propel the market during the forecast period
- Increased demand for automated management of combat operations and warfare along with automatic identification the enemy, monitoring of soldiers’ physical and mental state, and syncing of soldiers with weapons systems and other devices across the globe is anticipated to increase the demand for internet of battlefield things during the forecast period. Internet of battlefield things offers high levels of biometric monitoring of human resources, control of weapons, vehicles, context-adaptive unlocking, etc.
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Restraints
- One of the most significant challenges of the internet of battlefield things market is integration and implementation of diverse and dynamic set of sensors, including the worn sensors and static ground sensors of soldiers. Thus, integration challenge is the major factor projected to hinder the global internet of battlefield things market in the next few years.
- Data security and privacy concerns are also likely to hamper the internet of battlefield things market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods has been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This in turn is projected to indirectly hamper the global internet of battlefield things market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop digitalization technologies in order to minimize the negative consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on their businesses.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market
- In terms of region, the global internet of battlefield things market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global internet of battlefield things market in 2019, due to the presence of well-established and technologically advanced players in the region. Rising demand for agile IT infrastructure is anticipated to boost the internet of battlefield things market in the region.
- The internet of battlefield things market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rapid adoption of cloud computing technology along with increased situational awareness and risk assessment in the region.
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Competition Landscape
At present, only few players are active in the internet of battlefield things market with a strong presence. However, rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the global internet of battlefield things market. Market players are gradually focusing on mergers and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market
- Science Applications International Corporation
- Thales Group
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- BAE Systems
- L3 Harris Technologies
- DRS Technologies, Inc. (Leonardo DRS)
- Airbus SE
- The Boeing Company
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Research Scope
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market, by Component
- IoT Devices
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market, by Deployment
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.