Internet Data Center: Introduction
- Internet data centers provide efficient, secure, and highly available hosting services, enabling organizations to reduce the cost required to build and manage personal systems.
- An internet data center acts as a host system that stores a large amount of operational data and acts as a crucial element where data is circulated.
- Internet data centers are utilized in customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource management (ERM), server storage, and cloud storage.
- Internet data centers provide core systems through highly integrated architecture, enabling easy data management and autonomy of scale, thus gaining popularity in complex operational environments in order to reduce system malfunctions.
- Internet data centers provide local storage, processing, memory, and strong network connectivity to drive applications effectively.
- The global internet data center market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to heavy data generation and cloud computing.
Global Internet Data Center Market: Dynamics
Global Internet Data Center Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing integration of IoT in various end-user industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, and automobiles results in large data generation, which is expected to boost the demand for internet data centers during the forecast period
- Rise in demand for hybrid data centers, which enables organizations to utilize IT infrastructure and cloud storage as per their needs, is expected to offer significant opportunities for the market in the next few years
- Increase in demand from large and medium-size organizations for flexible and scalable data storage and management platform is a key factor that is estimated to propel the internet data center market during the forecast period
- However, increase in government regulations on internet data centers to ensure data security and rise in concerns from organizations over third-party access to their crucial data poses challenges for its development across the globe
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Internet Data Center Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected various end-user industries globally, except IT. The pandemic has fueled the internet data center market across the globe owing to an increasing need for robust IT performance and security along with the flexibility to scale. Easy availability of high-speed internet connectivity and rise in integration of IoT services at the workplace to reduce human intervention and improve operations during pandemic have further driven the internet data center market. The telecommunication sector witnessed substantial demand for data during the lockdown in various countries, which further fueled the demand for secure internet data centers across the globe. COVID-19 presented economical and healthcare challenges and created awareness about the need for internet data centers for the smooth operation of IT services.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Internet Data Center Market
- In terms of region, the global internet data center market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global internet data center market in 2020 owing to an increase in demand for personalized cloud services for medium- and small-sized businesses in the U.S. Technological advancements in countries such as Canada and the U.S. is attributed to the leading position for the region in the last few years.
- Asia Pacific is projected to gain considerable share in the global internet data center market during the forecast period owing to expansion of IT infrastructure in countries such as Japan, China, and India. China’s push for technological expansion and digitization has created immense investment opportunities for leading players in the region, which in turn is anticipated to drive the market further during the forecast period.
- Emerging players in developed and developing economies in Asia Pacific is also expected to drive the market in the next few years
Global Internet Data Center Market: Competition Landscape
The market for internet data center is highly competitive with well-established players competing with each other. leading companies operating in the market are focusing on mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures to gain strategic advantage. High initial investment, heavy competition, and stringent government regulations regarding data management are major challenges for new market entrants.
Key players operating in the global Internet Data Center market include:
- 21Vianet Group Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- BT Global Services plc
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Citrix Systems Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- EMC Corporation
- Hitachi Data Systems
- Intel Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Riverbed Technology Inc.
Global Internet Data Center Market: Research Scope
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Solutions
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Services
- Professional services
- System integration
- Monitoring services
Global Internet Data Center Market, by End-user
- Cloud providers
- Colocation providers
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Vertical
- Financial services
- Media &entertainment
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.