Internet Data Center: Introduction
- Internet data centers provide efficient, secure, and highly available hosting services, enabling organizations to reduce the cost required to build and manage personal systems.
- An internet data center acts as a host system that stores a large amount of operational data and acts as a crucial element where data is circulated.
- Internet data centers are utilized in customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource management (ERM), server storage, and cloud storage.
- Internet data centers provide core systems through highly integrated architecture, enabling easy data management and autonomy of scale, thus gaining popularity in complex operational environments in order to reduce system malfunctions.
- Internet data centers provide local storage, processing, memory, and strong network connectivity to drive applications effectively.
- The global internet data center market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to heavy data generation and cloud computing.
Global Internet Data Center Market: Dynamics
Global Internet Data Center Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing integration of IoT in various end-user industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, and automobiles results in large data generation, which is expected to boost the demand for internet data centers during the forecast period
- Rise in demand for hybrid data centers, which enables organizations to utilize IT infrastructure and cloud storage as per their needs, is expected to offer significant opportunities for the market in the next few years
- Increase in demand from large and medium-size organizations for flexible and scalable data storage and management platform is a key factor that is estimated to propel the internet data center market during the forecast period
- However, increase in government regulations on internet data centers to ensure data security and rise in concerns from organizations over third-party access to their crucial data poses challenges for its development across the globe
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Internet Data Center Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected various end-user industries globally, except IT. The pandemic has fueled the internet data center market across the globe owing to an increasing need for robust IT performance and security along with the flexibility to scale. Easy availability of high-speed internet connectivity and rise in integration of IoT services at the workplace to reduce human intervention and improve operations during pandemic have further driven the internet data center market. The telecommunication sector witnessed substantial demand for data during the lockdown in various countries, which further fueled the demand for secure internet data centers across the globe. COVID-19 presented economical and healthcare challenges and created awareness about the need for internet data centers for the smooth operation of IT services.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Internet Data Center Market
- In terms of region, the global internet data center market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global internet data center market in 2020 owing to an increase in demand for personalized cloud services for medium- and small-sized businesses in the U.S. Technological advancements in countries such as Canada and the U.S. is attributed to the leading position for the region in the last few years.
- Asia Pacific is projected to gain considerable share in the global internet data center market during the forecast period owing to expansion of IT infrastructure in countries such as Japan, China, and India. China’s push for technological expansion and digitization has created immense investment opportunities for leading players in the region, which in turn is anticipated to drive the market further during the forecast period.
- Emerging players in developed and developing economies in Asia Pacific is also expected to drive the market in the next few years
Global Internet Data Center Market: Competition Landscape
The market for internet data center is highly competitive with well-established players competing with each other. leading companies operating in the market are focusing on mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures to gain strategic advantage. High initial investment, heavy competition, and stringent government regulations regarding data management are major challenges for new market entrants.
Key players operating in the global Internet Data Center market include:
- 21Vianet Group Inc.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- BT Global Services plc
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Citrix Systems Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- EMC Corporation
- Hitachi Data Systems
- Intel Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Riverbed Technology Inc.
Global Internet Data Center Market: Research Scope
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Solutions
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Services
- Professional services
- System integration
- Monitoring services
Global Internet Data Center Market, by End-user
- Cloud providers
- Colocation providers
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Vertical
- Financial services
- Media &entertainment
Global Internet Data Center Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!