Interaction Sensors: Introduction
- An interaction sensor is a semiconductor device which translates subtle hand movements into gesture controls required by electronic devices so that these devices can be transformed and made to function in a manner in which they are designed to
- Interaction sensors are capable of tracking millimeter hand gestures at a high speed and accuracy and they can control electronic devices such as watches and phones, without the need for physical contact. This can eliminate the need for use of knobs, buttons, or switches in the surface of electronic products such as watches, phones, and radios.
- With the help of interaction sensors, the user can run commands by using his/her face or hands without physically touching the device to be operated. For instance, in case of a smartphone with an interaction sensor, the user can control or operate the phone by means of hand gestures or face movements, without touching the phone screen. In automobiles, interaction sensors can be used by the driver to control the radio, the air-conditioner, and the global positioning system (GPS) in the car.
- Over the last few years, with the rising popularity of the gesture technology among various consumer electronics industries, manufacturers of interactive sensors as well as gesture sensors have been focusing on R&D activities in order to introduce advanced interactive sensors in the market
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Raid Advancements in Sensor Technology to Fuel Market
- Rapid advancements in the sensor technology were witnessed in the last decade. These include advancements in the gesture input technology. Key players have developed and introduced sensors, which sense gestures of hands and face, in the market.
- Sensors operating with the help of gestures do not require any physical contact to operate. They have proved beneficial in applications such as smartphones, augmented reality, and virtual reality.
- Emergence of on-body technologies is leading to a paradigm shift in human–computer interaction, which is expected to drive the global interaction sensor market during the forecast period. Advancements in augmented reality and virtual reality technologies are anticipated to further drive the market during the forecast period.
Advancements in Smartphones to Offer Significant Growth Opportunities
- There have been various advancements in smartphones, which include advancements in the camera technology and the display technology as well as integration of advanced sensors for enhanced user experience
- Smartphone makers continue to focus on research and development activities in order to lure consumers, while reducing the replacement cycle. This factor is expected to drive the demand for smartphones with advanced capabilities during the forecast period.
- Integration of advanced sensors, such as gesture recognition sensors, can lead to launch of innovative smartphones in the market. Gesture inputs the operation of smartphones without physical contact possible, which can enhance the experience of smartphone users.
- Thus, advancements in smartphone technologies present significant growth opportunities to manufacturers of interaction sensors
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Interaction Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global interaction sensor market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The interaction sensor market in North America is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to rising advancements in the robotics industry in addition to rapid advancements in the automation technology.
- The interaction sensor market in Europe and Asia Pacific is likely to witness significant growth during the forecast period. The market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to witness moderate growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global interaction sensor market witnesses presence of a significant number of players, which makes it a fairly fragmented market. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the increasing demand for interaction sensors. Moreover, manufacturers are engaged in the development of innovative bus switch IC solutions.
Key players operating in the global interaction sensor market are:
- Google Inc.
- Infineon Technologies
- Analog Devices Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Texas Instruments
- Omron Corporation
- ABB Ltd.
- Atmel Corporation
- TDK Corporation
- Broadcom Ltd.
- Vishay Intertechnology
- Kemet Corporation
Global Interaction Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Interaction Sensor Market, by Technology
- Voice Recognition
- Camera-based Sensor
Global Interaction Sensor Market, by End-user Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Media & Entertainment
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Interaction Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.