Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market: Introduction
- An intelligent energy management system (EMS) is one of the recent emerging technologies. It not only manages energy consumption, but also helps in enhancing the enterprise-level operation and financial decisions for personnel management.
- Additionally, intelligent EMS can be considered an analytical tool that helps in collecting information on energy usage of a facility through monitoring, assessing, and visualizing of real-time energy consumption. The data collected by intelligent EMS usually helps enterprises make data-driven decisions that can be critical for sustainable growth and design advanced strategies about their overall energy consumption and reduction in operating costs.
- On the other hand, intelligent energy management systems deal with certain issues arising out of nonlinearities, such as behavior of power converters, enforcement of constraints encountered with different components of the system, and difficulty in selecting from among a set of sources available to produce energy
- The intelligent EMS technology is still undergoing the developing stage, with more predictive and adaptive controls forming the basis of energy management systems. However, as use of these systems gains worldwide adoption, it would be better to create a uniform standard model and coding system.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market
- Key drivers of the global market for intelligent energy management systems are increasing usage of smart grid services, aging electricity grid infrastructure, and increasing requirement for digitization of the power sector
- Moreover, increasing consumption in industrial enterprises, cost efficient production, high demand for energy from developing economies, and favorable government schemes and policies are other drivers of the global intelligent energy management systems market
- Growing concerns about emissions of CO2 and greenhouse gases across the world have shifted investments toward the renewable energy sector. This technological shift is estimated to promote growth of the global market for intelligent energy management systems during the forecast period.
- Rising awareness about energy conservation is estimated to boost the global intelligent energy management systems market during the forecast period
Restraints of Global Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market
- Lack of awareness among customers about utility of intelligent energy management systems to reduce energy costs is a key restraint of the global market. Most companies are not fully aware about the costing structure of intelligent energy management systems and long-term benefits of these systems.
- Financing for installations is another challenge, as vendors are unable to provide upfront costs and equity leasing firms are reluctant to enter the marketplace. Several initial costs related to intelligent energy management systems include ISO: 50001 certification investments and costs incurred for educating the energy team, employee training, and data collection.
- In October 2019, Intelligent Energy Limited announced to form a partnership with Changan UK Ltd and Alexander Dennis Ltd to incorporate high-power, low-cost, fuel cell systems into sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and buses. This grant is expected to help Intelligent Energy Limited in increasing its manufacturing capacity and to enable it to develop a fuel cell system supply chain in the U.K.
- Furthermore, Grid Edge has deployed its intelligent EMS technology with early adopters for customers throughout the U.K. and the company is actively forming partnerships with global companies in energy and building controls industries to scale their technology
- In March 2019, ENGIE announced investments in tiko, a Switzerland-based startup. Established in 2012, tiko has developed a unique technology for completely exploring the potential of household electric equipment such as heat pumps, water heaters, solar panels, batteries, and electric outlets. The tiko solution connects these devices to a platform and makes them controllable.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market
- Based on region, the global Intelligent energy management systems market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global intelligent energy management systems market between 2019 and 2027, due to rising investments and advancements in the renewable energy sector in the region, especially in developing economies such as China and India. An article published by United Nations Environment Program on total renewable energy investments in 2018 states that China led the global investment in renewable energy (US$ 91.2 Bn) and investments in the country were anticipated to increase further, with more number of renewable energy projects planned during the forecast period.
- The intelligent energy management systems market in Europe is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, owing to presence of a remarkable number of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and electric vehicles (EVs) in the region. The total investment in the renewable energy sector in the region was US$ 61.2 Bn in 2018.
- North America is likely to hold a considerable share of the global intelligent energy management systems market from 2019 to 2027, owing to high electricity consumption rate, key federal policy directives, stringent regulations concerning greenhouse gas emissions, rising energy costs, and increasing awareness about benefits of automation in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market
Some of the major players operating in the global intelligent energy management systems market are:
- Schneider Electric SE
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Pacific Controls
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Amzur Technologies
- KIC InnoEnergy
- Ferroamp Elektronik
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Tendril Networks Inc.
- Eaton Corporation
- EnerNOC Inc.
Global Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market, by Component
- Hardware Components
- Communication Networks
- Control Systems
- Sensors & Other Equipment
Global Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market, by Application
Global Intelligent Energy Management Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.