Global Insulating Paper Market: Introduction
- Cellulose is widely used in the manufacture of insulating paper, due to excellent properties of pure cellulose such as higher electric resistance and mechanical strength compared to other alternatives including wood, cotton, and rubber. Insulating paper is a laminate with multi-layered structure, which offers insulation along with excellent mechanical strength and heat resistance.
- Growing electricity transmission & distribution industry coupled with advancements in the global industrial sector has augmented the demand for insulating materials. This, in turn, is driving the demand for insulating paper.
- Technological advancements in electricity transmission and distribution have resulted in increased demand for insulating materials with advanced properties. Furthermore, increasing safety concerns in electrification have propelled the demand for high-quality insulating materials.
- This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the demand for insulating paper in the near future. This can be attributed to properties of insulating paper in terms of tensile strength, breakdown phenomenon, and tear resistance. However, increasing prices of raw materials required for production of insulating paper are projected to hinder the global insulating paper market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rise in Demand for Electric Insulating Paper to Drive Global Market
- Modernization of electric transmission and distribution networks and rise in the demand for electricity from various sectors such as commercial, industrial, and residential are positively impacting the electric insulating paper market.
- Furthermore, rising public and private investments in the establishment of basic construction and infrastructure, primarily in developing countries, are leading to significant increase in the demand for electricity and electrification components including insulating materials. This, in turn, is projected to propel the demand for electric insulating paper during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Leading Share of Global Insulating Paper Market
- Geographically, the global insulating paper market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of insulating paper across the globe, followed by North America and Europe. Rising demand for insulating materials from the electricity transmission & distribution industry, led by rising demand for electricity from automobile and other manufacturing industries and residential sector in Asia Pacific, is driving the insulating paper market in the region.
- Rapid industrialization led by economic growth and supportive government policies, primarily in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia, has resulted in the risen demand for electricity. Furthermore, growth of the construction & infrastructure industry in the region has fueled the demand for electricity distribution in the region. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the demand for insulating paper in Asia Pacific in the next few years.
- North America and Europe are estimated to hold a considerable share of the global insulating paper market during the forecast period, due to increased demand for insulating material and modernization of electrification backed by rapid technological advancements in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global Insulating paper market is fragmented among several local and global players. Key players are adopting business strategies such as launch of high-performance products to strengthen their position in the rapidly expanding global market. For instance, in 2017, Nitto Denko Corporation launched insulation paper with exceptional properties in term of heat and weather resistance and multi-layered lamination. A few of the key players operating in the global insulating paper market are:
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Teijin Aramid B.V.
- Cottrell Paper Company
- Weidmann Electrical Technology Inc.
- Von Roll Holding A.G.
- Yantai Metastar Special Paper
- Miki Tokushu Paper
Global Insulating Paper Market: Research Scope
Global Insulating Paper Market, by Product
- Electrical Insulating Paper
- Mica Insulating Paper
- Hybrid Insulating Paper
Global Insulating Paper Market, by Application
- Power Cable
- Conductor Insulation
- Barrier Insulation
- Others (Including Bushings)
Global Insulating Paper Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
- Industrial Goods
Global Insulating Paper Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.