Global Insulated Glass Market Introduction
- Glass is an ideal material for packaging of products, as it reduces the risk of contamination and protects products from damage. Glass insulation improves thermal performance by providing a thermal break between the glasses. Glass insulation units keep heat in during cold weather and keep heat out during the hot weather.
- In glass insulation, two or more glass window planes are separated by a vacuum or gas-filled space to reduce heat transfer across building envelopes. Glass insulation helps in reducing energy losses and carbon emissions, which is currently a priority in the building & construction sector.
- Depending upon the number of panes of glass used in construction, insulated glass can be segmented into various products such as double glazing, triple glazing, and quadruple glazing. The double glazing segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Double glazed insulated glass provides several benefits such as superior insulation, UV protection, reduced outside noise, and enhanced security and acoustics.
Global Insulated Glass Market Drivers
- Rise in demand for cost-effective solutions to lower carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions in buildings is expected to augment the insulated glass market during the forecast period. The number of legislations and regulatory guidelines are increasing every year across the globe for more efficient forms of energy conservation. This is boosting the demand for cost effective solutions such as insulated glass during the forecast period.
- Rapid expansion in the building & construction sector in emerging countries and energy saving characteristics of insulated glass are driving the global insulated glass market. Insulated glass is designed to reduce heat loss in a building, while reducing visible light transmittance. It improves thermal performance and reduces energy costs. Insulated glass can be fabricated to meet sound control requirements, seismic requirements, bullet resistance, hurricane and blast resistance requirements, impact resistance, and state energy codes.
- Growth in investments in research & development activities by major market players to develop sustainable and advanced glass insulation materials; and rise in demand for green buildings are estimated to propel the insulated glass market during the forecast period. Increase in number of legislations across the globe for more efficient forms of energy conservation is prompting manufacturers to develop new and sustainable methods and products of glass insulation.
Global Insulated Glass Market Restraints
- High cost of raw materials is anticipated to hamper the global insulated glass market. Raw materials used in glass insulation are desiccants, spacers, silicone foams, glazing sealants, inert gases, soda ash, glass, and various adsorbents. The prices of these raw materials are high. This increases the overall cost of insulated glass. This is estimated to restrain the global insulated glass market in the near future. Companies are investing significantly in the development of alternative low-cost raw materials to address this issue.
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of insulated glass, and lack of awareness and low adoption of this type of glass in many underdeveloped countries are also likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to use of insulated glass, as climate and energy savings and building code conditions differ from one country to another. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations.
Covid-19 Impact on Insulated Glass Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on end-use industries of insulated glass. The insulated glass market has been facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- China, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, is a major link in the supply chain of raw materials of insulated glass. The main constituent of glass is soda ash. It is primarily found in China.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to compel players in Europe and North America to consider alternative sourcing options. This is estimated to have important tax, transfer-pricing, and customs implications.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Insulated Glass Market
- In terms of region, the global insulated glass market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific dominated the global insulated glass market in 2019. Rapid expansion in residential and non- residential construction activities in China, India, Japan, and ASEAN; growth in industrialization and urbanization; supportive regulatory and economic policies; availability of skilled labor at low cost; and increase in presence of major market players are driving the insulated glass market in the region.
- North America is projected to account for key share of the global insulated glass market during the forecast period owing to rise in recreational and renovation activities of old buildings in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. dominated the market in the region in 2019.
- Stringent regulations about climate change and cold climatic conditions in Europe are expected to boost the market in the region in the near future
Key Players in Insulated Glass Market:
- GUARDIAN GLASS LLC.
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Vitro Architectural Glass
- Strathclyde Insulating Glass Ltd
- ECO Insulating Glass Inc.
- JE Berkowitz
- Ittihad Insulating Glass Company
- BYSTRONIC GLASS
- Cardinal Glass Industries, Inc.
- NSG (Pilkington)
- Tower Insulating Glass Inc
- Strathclyde Insulating Glass
- JE Berkowitz
- United Plate Glass Company
- Fuso Glass
- Ann Arbor Glass
Global Insulated Glass Market: Research Scope
Insulated Glass Market, by Application
- Non-residential Construction
- Residential Construction
Insulated Glass Market, by Product type
- Double Glazed Insulating Units
- Triple Glazed Insulating Units
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.