Insoluble Sulfur: Introduction
- Insoluble sulfur is amorphous form of sulfur made from heat-polymerizing of sulfur. It can also be obtained by reacting sulfurated hydrogen with sulfur dioxide. It is a macromolecule polymer, and there are several thousands of sulfur atoms in its molecular chains. It does not dissolve in carbon disulfide; therefore, it is called insoluble sulfur or polymeric sulfur.
- Insoluble sulfur is an important rubber additive agent. It improves product quality, wearability, and resistance to fatigue and aging. In addition to being universally recognized as the best vulcanizing agent, it is widely used in the manufacture of tire, rubber pipe, shoes, cable and wire insulating materials, latex, and all kinds of automobile rubber parts. It is also a vital component of belt tires.
- Insoluble sulfur is primarily used in the rubber industry. Therefore, insoluble sulfur is widely used in the manufacture of radial rubber and other synthetic rubber products due to its non-blooming characteristic. It is also used in light-colored rubber products.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Insoluble Sulfur Market
- Insoluble sulfur is largely used in the tire industry. Demand for convenient and low-maintenance tire replacements has been rising due to the growing number of on-road vehicles across the globe. Tire manufacturers across the globe are under intense pressure from regulators and consumers to develop more fuel-efficient tires, while also facing technological challenges in order to gain a competitive edge in the highly competitive market. Increase in usage of insoluble sulfur to convert raw rubber into complete rubber at high heat to improve the strength and flexibility of the rubber is a major factor that is expected to drive the global insoluble sulfur market during the forecast period.
- Insoluble sulfur can increase the resistance of all forms of rubber products to fatigue and aging. Furthermore, it is used as an ideal vulcanizing agent for rubber. It is also widely used in the manufacture of rubber chemistry such as tires, rubber pipes, shoes, cables and wires, insulation materials, latex, and all kinds of automotive rubber parts. Rise in demand for insoluble rubber in various applications in the rubber industry is expected to drive the global insoluble sulfur market in the near future.
Insoluble Sulfur: Grade Segment
- In terms of grade, the global insoluble sulfur market can be divided into regular grade, high stability grade, special grade, and high dispersion grade
- The regular grade segment is projected to hold major share of the global insoluble sulfur market during the forecast period. Regular grade insoluble sulfur comprises zero additive mixtures and is commercially considered as the most important form of insoluble sulfur.
- The high dispersion grade segment is projected to follow the regular grade segment during the forecast period. Requirement for high dispersion grade is projected to rise due to its high level of thermal stability and advanced characteristics. It typically contains less insoluble sulfur than the other grades and is made up of polymers such as various dispersing agents, styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR), and ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM. High demand for tires, rubber pipes, shoes, and cable and wire insulating materials is driving the global insoluble sulfur market.
Insoluble Sulfur: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global insoluble sulfur market can be segmented into tire manufacturing, footwear, industrial, and others
- The tire manufacturing segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Tire manufacturers rely on insoluble sulfur formulators, as it is a critical feedstock in the production of high-quality performance tires. Rise in number of applications from tire manufacturing industry, increase in number of on-road vehicles across the globe, growth of the automotive and manufacturing sector, and rapid global industrialization are some of the major factors driving the global insoluble sulfur market.
- The footwear segment is also projected to hold key share of the global insoluble sulfur market in the near future. Demand for insoluble sulfur in the footwear value chain is likely to rise during the forecast period, with changing consumer preferences and innovation across the global footwear industry.
COVID-19 Impact on Insoluble Sulfur Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the insoluble sulfur market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Insoluble Sulfur Market
- In terms of region, the insoluble sulfur market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global insoluble sulfur market, followed by Europe and North America, during the forecast period. Rapid growth of the rubber manufacturing industry in emerging economies including India, Japan, China, and South Korea; availability of low-cost and skilled laborers; easy regulatory standards; and positive employment activities with economically strong nations are key factors driving the insoluble sulfur market in the region.
- The insoluble sulfur market in Europe and North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. In North America, the market in the U.S. has gained traction, with rapid import of rubber from China, Germany, Thailand, and Japan. This is expected to boost the demand for insoluble sulfur in North America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Insoluble Sulfur Market
The insoluble sulfur market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the insoluble sulfur market include:
- Nynas AB
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Lions Industries s.r.o
- Shikoku Chemicals Corporation
- Henan Kailun Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Luoyang Sunrise Industrial
- Oriental Carbon and Chemicals Limited
- Sennics Co. Ltd.
- Weifang Jiahong Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Shangyi Chemical Technology Co. Ltd.
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
Insoluble Sulfur: Research Scope
Insoluble Sulfur Market, by Grade
- Regular Grade
- High Stability Grade
- Special Grade
- High Dispersion Grade
Insoluble Sulfur Market, by Application
- Tire Manufacturing
Global Insoluble Sulfur Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.