Inorganic Fluorine Compounds: Introduction
- Inorganic fluorine compounds are produced by the reaction of hydrofluoric acid with oxides, carbonates, hydroxides, chlorides, or metals. Hydrogen fluoride is an important compound of fluorides. It is the primary feedstock used in the production of inorganic and organic fluorine?bearing compounds. Aluminum fluoride is used in aluminum smelting.
- Acid of inorganic fluorine compound is characterized by the stability of its molecule. It has a special affinity for oxygen compounds. It is a strong acid, which gives it a catalytic activity in alkylation, isomerization, and polymerization reactions.
- Inorganic fluorine compounds are used in organic chemistry as fluorinating agents in substitution reactions with aliphatic halides. They are also used in reactions with unsaturated compounds.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Inorganic Fluorine Compounds Market
- Inorganic fluorine compounds are extensively used as raw materials for downstream organic synthesis of specialty chemicals. These chemicals are in turn used to manufacture pharmaceuticals intermediates, synthetic resins, rubber accelerators, perfumes, crop protection chemicals, and pesticides. This is expected to drive the global inorganic fluorine compounds market during the forecast period.
- Inorganic fluorine compounds are primarily employed in the iron & steel industry. They are used as flux in the manufacture of steel. They help lower the melting point of steel. Inorganic fluorine compounds are employed in the manufacture of cast iron at the rate of 6 kg/t – 8 kg/t of metal, and also in the manufacture of certain ferroalloys.
- Inorganic fluorine compounds constitute 5% to 7% of the aluminum electrolysis bath. They are used in numerous fluxes and, in particular, for welding rod coatings.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Hydrogen Fluoride Type Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of revenue, the hydrogen fluoride type segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market in the near future owing to the high demand for hydrogen fluoride in various specialty chemicals. Hydrogen fluoride is the raw material used in the production of fluorocarbons, which are employed in refrigeration and air conditioning, and as precursors to fluoropolymers and elastomers. Additionally, hydrogen fluoride serves as a catalyst in petroleum alkylation, a process used for gasoline manufacture. It is also used in metal treatment and production of uranium fuel.
Covid-19 Impact on Inorganic Fluorine Compounds Market
- According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the world economy is expected to experience the worst recession since the Great Depression (1929–1933) in the near future. The chemical industry is also likely to feel the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. The chemical industry in China is dominant across the globe. According to the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) report titled ‘2020 Facts and Figures of the European Chemical Industry,’ China was the largest producer of chemicals in the world, contributing 35.8% to global chemical sales in 2018. However, according to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, chemical manufacturing output declined by 21%, while profits decreased by 66% in the first two months of 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The chemical sector’s supply chain has historically been strongly dependent on China. However, it has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Logistics within China has also been a matter of concern during the pandemic, as it significantly affects the sales of chemical production companies.
- In April 2020, the prices of crude oil suffered its biggest decline since the start of the Gulf War in 1991. This collapse caused a major shift in prices of chemical feedstock and the global competitive order. The U.S., losing its cost advantage from shale gas, and the Middle East have been negatively impacted. Therefore, the impact of Covid-19 pandemic is estimated to be high on the inorganic fluorine compounds market in 2020 and 2021.
Volatility in Raw Material Prices to Hamper Market
- The global inorganic fluorine compounds market is primarily hampered by the high cost of raw materials
- Inorganic fluorine compounds are petroleum derived products. The prices of these products are fluctuating due to the global crisis of oil. Thus, volatility in raw material prices is likely to restrain the inorganic fluorine compounds market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Inorganic Fluorine Compounds Market
- In terms of geography, the global inorganic fluorine compounds can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for major share of the global market, owing to the presence of numerous glass and chemical companies in the region. The inorganic fluorine compounds market in China is anticipated to hold prominent share of the market during the forecast period, due to the presence of several chemical industries in the country.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the production of metal products across the region
Key Players in Market
The global inorganic fluorine compounds market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35%–40% of the share. Major players operating in the global inorganic fluorine compounds market include:
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- OXEA Corporation
- Perstorp Holding AB
- The Dow Chemical Company
Global Inorganic Fluorine Compounds Market: Research Scope
Global Inorganic Fluorine Compounds Market, by Type
- Hydrogen Fluoride
- Calcium Fluoride
- Cobalt Fluoride
- Lithium Fluoride
- Magnesium Fluoride
- Nickel Fluoride
- Potassium Fluoride
- Sodium Fluoride
- Fluosilicic Acid
- Sulfur Fluoride
- Nitrogen Fluoride
- Tungsten Hexafluoride
- Aluminum Fluoride
Global Inorganic Fluorine Compounds Market, by Application
- Chemical Intermediate
- Glass Processing
- Metal Treatment
Global Inorganic Fluorine Compounds Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.