Inland Water Transportation Service: Introduction
- Inland water service comprises utilization of rivers, canals, and backwaters for transportation. It can be an alternative to road and rail transport. Inland water transportation service helps reduce both noise and energy consumption. Its energy consumption per km/ton of transported service is about 17% of that utilized by road transport service and 50% of that consumed by rail transport.
- Inland water transportation service offers significantly high load carrying capacity, as compared to that offered by other transportation services. This transportation service is considerably inexpensive, as compared to road and rail transportation.
Key Drivers of Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market
- Rise in government support for transformation of port facilities is fuelling the adoption of water transportation services across the globe. For instance, in March 2018, the Government of India granted US$ 10 Bn to the port sector of the country to maintain ports facilities in order to enhance the inland water transportation service market across the country.
- Rise in integration of latest technology in water transportation would boost the adoption of inland water transportation service. Sensors integrated in the inland transportation service is estimated to enhance ship performance and safety significantly. Moreover, sensors help minimize operating costs. Sensors integrated in water transportation continuously monitor the performance and provide quick information in terms of any errors or damages. Introduction of GPS, GNSS systems in water transportation is projected to propel the inland water transportation service market across the globe.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on inland water transportation service Market, Request for a Sample
North America and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global inland water transportation service market
- North America is projected to hold a significant share of the global inland water transportation service market due to an increase in transportation of agricultural products across the region. Countries across the North America are major exporters of oil, which is likely to enhance the inland water transportation service market across the region.
- Followed by North America, Asia Pacific is projected to account for a major share of the global inland water transportation service market due to the shipment of bulk freight coupled with insufficient pipeline. Increase in trading activities across the region is anticipated to boost the inland water transportation service market across the region. Countries across Asia Pacific, including China and Japan, are major exporters of goods for which majority of exporters export their goods via water transportation due to its high loading capacity. This, in turn, is likely to drive the inland water transportation service market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market
The global inland water transportation service market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global inland water transportation service market are:
- Alnmaritec Ltd.
- Groupe Beneteau
- CMA CGM Group
- Damen Shipyards Group
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- McKeil Marine Limited
- orvald Klaveness
- Rhenus Group
- Meyer Werft GmbH & Co., KG
- Sanmar Group
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market: Research Scope
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Type
- Inland Freight Transport System
- Inland passenger Transport System
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Fuel
- Heavy Fuel Oil
- Others(e.g. LNG)
- Others(e.g. Pedestrian Detection System)
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Sales Channel
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.