Inland Water Transportation Service: Introduction
- Inland water service comprises utilization of rivers, canals, and backwaters for transportation. It can be an alternative to road and rail transport. Inland water transportation service helps reduce both noise and energy consumption. Its energy consumption per km/ton of transported service is about 17% of that utilized by road transport service and 50% of that consumed by rail transport.
- Inland water transportation service offers significantly high load carrying capacity, as compared to that offered by other transportation services. This transportation service is considerably inexpensive, as compared to road and rail transportation.
Key Drivers of Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market
- Rise in government support for transformation of port facilities is fuelling the adoption of water transportation services across the globe. For instance, in March 2018, the Government of India granted US$ 10 Bn to the port sector of the country to maintain ports facilities in order to enhance the inland water transportation service market across the country.
- Rise in integration of latest technology in water transportation would boost the adoption of inland water transportation service. Sensors integrated in the inland transportation service is estimated to enhance ship performance and safety significantly. Moreover, sensors help minimize operating costs. Sensors integrated in water transportation continuously monitor the performance and provide quick information in terms of any errors or damages. Introduction of GPS, GNSS systems in water transportation is projected to propel the inland water transportation service market across the globe.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on inland water transportation service Market, Request for a Sample
North America and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global inland water transportation service market
- North America is projected to hold a significant share of the global inland water transportation service market due to an increase in transportation of agricultural products across the region. Countries across the North America are major exporters of oil, which is likely to enhance the inland water transportation service market across the region.
- Followed by North America, Asia Pacific is projected to account for a major share of the global inland water transportation service market due to the shipment of bulk freight coupled with insufficient pipeline. Increase in trading activities across the region is anticipated to boost the inland water transportation service market across the region. Countries across Asia Pacific, including China and Japan, are major exporters of goods for which majority of exporters export their goods via water transportation due to its high loading capacity. This, in turn, is likely to drive the inland water transportation service market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market
The global inland water transportation service market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global inland water transportation service market are:
- Alnmaritec Ltd.
- Groupe Beneteau
- CMA CGM Group
- Damen Shipyards Group
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- McKeil Marine Limited
- orvald Klaveness
- Rhenus Group
- Meyer Werft GmbH & Co., KG
- Sanmar Group
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market: Research Scope
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Type
- Inland Freight Transport System
- Inland passenger Transport System
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Fuel
- Heavy Fuel Oil
- Others(e.g. LNG)
- Others(e.g. Pedestrian Detection System)
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Sales Channel
Global Inland Water Transportation Service Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.