Ink Resins: Introduction
- Ink resins are a type of resin that is used in the manufacture of printing inks. These resins are utilized to produce higher-quality inks with a more appealing appearance. They improve the flowability of the ink by providing optimal viscosity. The pigments also provide durability and long-lasting adhesion to the surface. Furthermore, ink resins improve the gloss, stability, and dispersion properties of the ink, while also increasing the drying speed.
- Ink resins are widely used in the production of inks used in printing and publishing, as well as in the printing of paper board and cartons and flexible packaging
Key Drivers and Restraints of Ink Resins Market
- Ink resins are extensively employed in the packaging industry, due to increase in consumer spending and online shopping as well as the demand for processed and packaged foods and beverages. Shift of consumer preference toward packaged food and other retailed products, as well as the need to maintain proper brand sentiment among consumers toward the product, is expected to fuel the demand for higher quality printing inks. Increasing demand for packaging usage in various applications is also estimated to fuel the global ink resins market in the next few years.
- Rise in demand for ink resins for printing & publication is expected to create significant opportunities for ink resins market in the future. Printing ink manufacturers use ink resins as raw materials to impart significant characteristics to printing inks. These characteristics include high solid content, viscosity, gloss, and improved pigment wetting. The wide range of applications of ink resins in the different end-user industries is expected to boost the ink resins market in the near future.
- Rising raw material prices and their volatility is expected to hamper the ink resins market in the near future
Ink Resins: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global ink resins market can be divided into acrylic, polyamide, polyurethane, modified rosin, hydrocarbon resin, modified cellulose, and others
- The modified rosin segment is projected to hold a major share of the global ink resins market during the forecast period. Modified rosins offer several advantages such as easy availability, low prices, and product awareness. A majority of world gum rosin is manufactured in Brazil, Indonesia, and China. Rosin for gum is used in the production of modified rosin, which is an ink resin and is utilized in printing inks as a raw material.
- The polyamide segment is projected to follow the modified rosin segment during the forecast period. Packaging industries use polyamide for various applications, including food packaging applications and cold-seal layers. Polyamides are often employed in a multilayered structure to provide both strength and toughness. High demand for polyamide in the packaging industry is driving the global ink resins market.
Ink Resins: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global ink resins market can be split into printing & publication, flexible packaging, corrugated cardboards & cartons, and others
- The flexible packaging segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Packaging has become an integral part of product lifecycle and has outgrown its traditional usage related to protection. Increasing trend of packaging due to online shopping and packaged food & beverages is projected to boost the global market for ink resins in the next few years.
- The printing & publication segment is projected to hold a key share of the global ink resins market in the near future. Increase in use of ink resins in publishing and commercial printing is projected to propel the global ink resins market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Ink Resins Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the ink resins market.
Asia Pacific to hold a leading share of Ink Resins Market
- In terms of region, the ink resins market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global ink resins market, followed by Europe, and North America, during the forecast period. This can be attributed to intense competition and the availability of higher production capacity of ink resins in Asia Pacific. China accounted for a significant share of the demand and production of ink resins in the region. High economic growth in emerging economies of Asia Pacific, such as China and India, is projected to boost the market in the next few years.
- Demand for ink resins in flexible packaging applications in North America and Europe is projected to increase at a rapid pace in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Ink Resins Market
The ink resins market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the ink resins market include:
- Arakawa Chemical
- Arizona Chemical
- BASF SE
- Evonik Tego Chemie GmbH
- Hydrite Chemical
- IGM Resins
- Lawter B.V.
- Royal DSM N.V.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Indulor Chemie GmbH
Ink Resins: Research Scope
Ink Resins Market, by Type
- Modified Rosin
- Hydrocarbon Resin
- Modified Cellulose
Ink Resins Market, by Application
- Printing & Publication
- Flexible Packaging
- Corrugated Cardboards & Cartons
Global Ink Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.