Infrared Microbolometer Detector: Introduction
- A Infrared microbolometer detectors is an uncooled infrared sensor, wherein the detector array does not need to be cooled in order to produce highly sensitive thermal images
- Infrared microbolometer detectors have recently gained wide attention for use in infrared imaging applications, due to their advantages over photon detectors such as lower cost, lower weight, lower power, larger spectral response, and long-term operation
- Efforts to implement large-format arrays at a low cost in various applications are still continuing worldwide. These applications include commercial applications such as driver’s night vision enhancement and firefighting.
Compatibility with Various Applications
- Infrared microbolometer detectors are known for their compatibility with various applications. They are used for security and monitoring purposes, non-contact temperature sensing, infrared gas analysis, flame detection, temperature control, detection of human presence, and infrared spectroscopy.
- In addition, they are employed in several everyday events as well as in houses, cars, and shopping malls. Large-scale adoption of infrared detectors in the latest range of applications, such as security, consumer electronics, and smart homes and presence of various key companies in the market have fueled the global infrared microbolometer detector market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
High Cost and Limited Accuracy
- Infrared microbolometer detectors are more expensive than other detectors, as they require additional semiconductor components for increased sensitivity. Cooling techniques also increase their overall cost.
- In addition, temperature change and extreme air turbulence may affect the performance of infrared microbolometer detectors. For more accurate results, the environment needs to be clean, without dust, and less humid. Infrared microbolometer detectors detect infrared images based on the variation in temperature of objects. They cannot detect differences in objects that have a highly similar temperature range. In several circumstances, this leads to inaccuracy.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Infrared Microbolometer Detector Market
- In terms of region, the global infrared microbolometer detector market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The infrared microbolometer detector market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, owing to strong support by governments and presence of a large-sized consumer electronics industry in the region. Countries such as India and China are leading exporters of infrared microbolometer detectors in the world.
- On the other hand, the infrared microbolometer detector market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth during the forecast period. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Infrared Microbolometer Detector Market
The global infrared microbolometer detector market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for infrared microbolometer detectors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global infrared microbolometer detector market are:
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Omron Corporation
- Excelitas Technologies Corp.
- Hamamatsu Photonic K.K.
- FLIR Systems Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Raytheon Company
- Nippon Avionics Dow Chemical Company
Global Infrared Microbolometer Detector Market: Research Scope
Global Infrared Microbolometer Detector Market, by Type
- Thermal Detector
- Photo Detector
- Indium Gallium Arsenide
- Mercury Cadmium Telluride
- Polycrystalline Lead Sulfide (PbS) & Polycrystalline Lead Selenide (PbSe)
Global Infrared Microbolometer Detector Market, by Spectral Range
- Short-wave Infrared
- Medium-wave Infrared
- Long-wave Infrared
Global Infrared Microbolometer Detector Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
Global Infrared Microbolometer Detector Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.