Global Infrared Line Scanner Market: Introduction
- An infrared line scanner is used to measure multiple temperature points across a scan line
- It can be periodically used for deflection of the optical beam path of just one, highly accurate, and quick point detector in the form of a scan line
- The global infrared line scanner market expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increasing usage of infrared line scanners in various industrial applications
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Infrared Line Scanner Market
- Demand for infrared line scanners is expected to increase significantly across the world during the forecast period, owing to increasing usage of infrared line scanners for industrial thermal imaging
- Moreover, usage of infrared line scanners is increasing especially in applications wherein the relative temperature distribution of the measurement object has only very small tolerances. This factor is expected to fuel the global infrared line scanner market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global infrared line scanner market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for infrared line scanners across different regions.
Monitoring & Inspection Segment to Witness Strong Growth
- Infrared line scanners are used for various applications such as mapping and monitoring of infrastructures
- Increasing usage of infrared line scanners for mapping and monitoring of various industrial and public utility infrastructures including water supplies, oil and gas pipelines, and power lines is expected to fuel the demand for infrared line scanners worldwide during the forecast period
- Moreover, usage of infrared line scanners for monitoring of the heat flow and thermal variations of natural and artificial ponds as well as analysis of soil humidity is growing. This is anticipated to promote growth of the global infrared line scanner market during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Healthcare Segment to Offer Promising Growth Opportunities
- Based on end-use industry, the global infrared line scanner market can be divided into defense & aerospace, security & surveillance, monitoring & inspection, healthcare, and others
- The healthcare industry is likely to witness significant demand for infrared line scanners during the forecast period. In this industry, infrared line scanners are largely used for body scanning.
- Additionally, usage of infrared line scanners for analyzing physiological functions related to the skin temperature is likely to be a key driver of the demand for infrared line scanners throughout the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Market for Infrared Line Scanners
- In terms of region, the global infrared line scanner market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to witness the maximum demand for infrared line scanners from 2019 to 2027, owing to presence of major players in scientific research and military & defense sectors in the region. Major manufacturers of infrared line scanners are investing significantly in research and development of new products.
- Leading manufacturers of infrared line scanners have extensive distribution networks and deep product penetration. These manufacturers have become increasingly international in their activities since the onset of globalization.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global infrared line scanner market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Photon etc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Allied Vision Technologies
- Fluke Process Instruments
- Sensors Unlimited Inc.
- FLIR Systems
- HEITRONICS Infrarot Messtechnik GmbH
- Exergen Corporation
Global Infrared Line Scanner Market: Research Scope
Global Infrared Line Scanner Market, by Type
Global Infrared Line Scanner Market, by End-use Industry
- Defense & Aerospace
- Security & Surveillance
- Monitoring & Inspection
Global Infrared Line Scanner Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.