Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals: Introduction
- Demand for industrial water treatment chemicals has been rising due to the rise in need for potable water across the globe. Industrial waste poses a severe threat to the environment. Several environmentalists have pointed to the need to reduce the toll of this waste. Wastewater has emerged as a key component of the waste that is generated by industrial units. The treatment of this water has become extremely important to ensure a healthy and congenial environment. Hence, deployment of wastewater management techniques has been rising in developed and developing economies.
- Despite the efforts made by renowned environmentalists toward creating awareness about wastewater treatment, several issues in this regard still exist. The third world nations have failed to deploy proper systems in place for the treatment of wastewater. Developed countries have outsourced their industrial operations to underdeveloped countries. Thus, the global industrial water treatment chemicals is projected to expand in the near future.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market
- Demand for industrial water treatment chemicals has been rising across the globe due to the presence of large numbers of industrial units. Water is an indispensable part of industrial applications; therefore, all industries need to dispose wastewater. Hence, the need for treatment of wastewater cannot be underestimated amid the deteriorating environmental standards.
- Effluents from industries are often discharged near residential areas. This results in the spread of diseases. This has generated a sense of activism amongst governments to ensure proper treatment of industrial wastes. Hence, the global industrial water treatment chemicals market is expected to expand significantly in the next few years.
Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals: End-use Industry Segment
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be divided into oil & gas, power, paper, metal & mining, chemical, and others
- Overall, the electric power generation industry is one of the major consumers of water worldwide. Water is used in many ways in the electric power generation industry such as steam production for spinning turbines, humidifying airflow into gas turbines, inter-cooling air in gas turbine plants, steam injection for NOx control, acting as a heat transfer medium in some nuclear plants, condenser cooling in steam plants, plant maintenance, including blow-down, and hydraulic ash disposal.
Covid-19 Impact on Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market
- Since the beginning of 2020, global economy has been experiencing downturn with the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. The outbreak of the pandemic is anticipated to significantly affect the production and distribution of industrial water treatment chemicals.
- Governments of several countries have imposed strict lockdowns to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many manufacturing companies are either shut down or running low on production capacity.
- Decrease in industrial activities due to the pandemic has been adversely impacting the global industrial water treatment chemicals market
Asia Pacific to Dominate Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market
- In terms of region, the global Industrial water treatment chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global industrial water treatment chemicals market in 2020. China is an emerging economy and is the largest in terms of purchasing power parity and the second-largest economy in terms of nominal GDP in the world. The Government of the country is promoting economic growth and urbanization, which, in turn, increase the demand for improvement in wastewater infrastructure, leading to a rise in usage of water treatment chemicals.
- Countries in Europe such as Germany, France, Russia, and the U.K. have invested significantly in the manufacture of industrial water treatment chemicals in order to provide safe solutions to the manufacturing sector
- The industrial water treatment chemicals market in countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, Japan, and Australia is expected to expand during the forecast period, due to rapid urbanization and industrialization in these countries
- Demand for industrial water treatment chemicals has been rising in the Gulf of Mexico, due to the increase in oil & gas offshore activities
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market
The global Industrial water treatment chemicals market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global industrial water treatment chemicals market include:
- Buckman Laboratories International Inc.
- Solvay S.A.
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Solenis LLC
- Kemira Oyj
- SNF Group
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
Global Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market, by Product Type
- Oxygen Scavengers
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Biocides & Disinfectants
- Sludge Conditioners
- Scale Inhibitors
Global Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Metal & Mining
Global Industrial Water Treatment Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!