Industrial Motor Busbar: Introduction
- Busbar is a metallic bar used to carry large amount of electric power with ease and flexibility. The busbar is used in the form of thin walled tubes or pipes and are primarily used for cost saving in industries. Materials such as aluminum and copper are used in construction of industrial motor busbar. The busbar comes in various shapes such as solid bars, and flat strips.
- Motor busbars simplify the process of power distribution more efficiently, require low maintenance, and are cost effective. The current carrying capacity is dependent on the type of material and size of busbar.
- Inclination of industries toward electrification in transportation, renewable energy, and mobility is expected to create demand for industrial motor busbars.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market
- It is crucial to monitor the power usage cost in industries, as it helps the manufacturer to maintain the cost of power by setting a base line and taking necessary steps by reducing power consumption. Manufacturers with the help of industrial motor busbars track the figures about the consumption of power in the industry to maintain the electricity cost, which is expected to foster the demand for industrial motor busbars.
- An industrial motor busbar reduces the assembly complexity, industrial cost, improves power efficiency, and is environment friendly as it requires few installation materials, and the plug in outlets are relocatable and usable, which is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Most industrial motor busbars are made from copper and aluminum; these materials are price sensitive and cost of these materials fluctuate in the market, which affects the manufacturing cost. In addition, many manufacturers faced huge loss and disruption in raw material supply due to the Covid-19 pandemic, which is further expected to restrain the industrial motor busbar market.
- Manufacturers are investing in research and development of busbars to improve power efficiency and advancement in structural integrity of industrial motor busbar systems, which is likely to boost the market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market
- In terms of region, the global industrial motor busbar market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global industrial motor busbar market due to increasing industrialization, focus on energy consumption, and easy availability of raw materials such as copper and aluminum in the region. The major growing countries in the region are China, India, etc. The Asia Pacific market is likely to be followed by markets in North America and Middle East & Africa due to focus on power infrastructure.
Some of the Key Players Operating in the Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market are Listed Below:
- Artesyn Embedded Power
- Eaton Corporation
- General Electric
- Hofer Group Holding
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens AG
Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market: Research Scope
Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market, by Material
- Others (Brass, etc.)
Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market, by End-users
- Power generation
- Food and beverages
- Others (Automotive industries, etc.)
Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market, by Size
- Up to 500 amps
- 500 to 1000 amps
- Above 1000 amps
Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market, by Shape
- Solid bars
- Flat strips
- Others (Rods, etc.)
Global Industrial Motor Busbar Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa