Industrial Flexible Packaging Market
Flexible packaging incorporates all types of bundling which are adaptable in nature and is created from film, plastic, aluminum, paper, or a blend of these. Some regular types of adaptable bundling such as warps, packs, roll stock, pockets, liners, marks, and other adaptable items are commonly used by various end user industries. Flexible bundling by and large structures acknowledgment in shopper products, especially the Food and Beverage section.
The central point boosting the development of Industrial Flexible Packaging is the rapid growth of the industrial sector in emerging nations, and blasting synthetic substances and drug enterprises of the locale. At present, numerous crude materials for these businesses comes stuffed in flexible packaging, in the midst of its lower cost, lower producing cost and packaging time combined with lighter weight. Its light weight capacities gives the advantages of diminished calculated expense combined with simplicity of transportation. This is empowering numerous conspicuous modern item makers to move towards flexible packaging, over unbending packaging.
On the contrary, ecological concerns in regards to the use of plastic or polymer based packaging is controlling the market, and slanting not many producers to move towards cardboard and wood based non flexible packaging. Rising number of industries and factories across the globe and the interest for food and drink items is pushing the worldwide food and refreshment industry, accordingly commending more interest for its crude materials by F&B producers.
Industrial Flexible Packaging: Overview
Flexible packaging includes all forms of packaging which are flexible in nature and is produced from paper, plastic, film, aluminum foil, or a combination of these. Some common forms of flexible packaging includes bags, pouches, labels, liners, wraps, rollstock, and other flexible products. This form packaging generally forms acceptance in consumer goods, particularly the Food & Beverage segment. However, some industrial goods are also being packed in flexible packaging in the chemicals and pharmaceuticals, lubricants, bulk food and beverages ingredients industries. With rapid growth in these end use industries the demand for flexible packaging is on the rise, and the global market for industrial flexible packaging is expected to expand with an impressive CAGR over the forecast period.
Industrial Flexible Packaging: Drivers & Restraints
The major factors boosting the growth of Industrial Flexible Packaging is rising industrialization in Asian countries, and booming chemicals and pharmaceutical industries of the region. Now a days many raw material for these industries comes packed in flexible packaging, amid its lower cost, lower manufacturing cost and packaging time coupled with lighter weight. Its light weight capabilities provides the benefits of reduced logistic cost coupled with ease of transportation. This is enabling many prominent industrial product manufacturers to shift towards flexible packaging, over rigid packaging.
Building and Construction Industry also attracts significant demand for flexible packaging these days, for small and medium volume products. Rising consumerism across the globe and the demand for food and beverage products, is pushing the global food and beverage industry, thus complimenting more demand for its raw materials by F&B manufacturers. These raw material often comes in flexible packaging, generating constantly increasing demand for industrial flexible packaging.
However, environmental concerns regarding the usage of plastic/polymer based packaging is restraining the market, and inclining few manufacturers to shift towards wood and cardboard based non flexible packaging.
Industrial Flexible Packaging: Market Segmentation
The Industrial Flexible Packaging is segmented into three parts on the basis of material and end use.
Based on Material Type, the Industrial Flexible Packaging is segmented into:
- Plastic Films
- Aluminum Foil
- Bio Plastic
Bases on end use industry, the Industrial Flexible Packaging is segmented into
- Oil and Gas
- Food & Beverage
- Other Manufacturing
Industrial Flexible Packaging: Regional Outlook
Geographically, Industrial Flexible Packaging has been categorized into seven key regions including North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, APEJ, Japan, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific Exc. Japan has been a global leader in Industrial Flexible Packaging, due to regions rapidly growing pharmaceutical and food and beverage industry. With global companies shifting their manufacturing bases to China and India, demand for industrial packaging in the region is expected to further increase. A large chunk of this growing demand is expected to come from Chemical and Materials Industry. The region is expected to be closely followed by North America, where a prominent share of demand comes from Food & Beverage and Chemical Materials Industry. This can be attributed to the presence of some of the largest chemical companies in United States.
Western Europe caters some of the most prominent pharmaceutical companies of the globe, and the regions vast food and beverage industry, is also fuelling more demand for industrial flexible packaging in the region. With rapid industrialization in Latin America and Middle East and Africa, demand for industrial flexible packaging is bound to increase in the region. Japan and South Korea are also prominent markets for industrial flexible packaging, amid presence of some of the global giants in Automotive, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Electrical and Electronics Industry.
Industrial Flexible Packaging: Key Players
Some of the players identified in Global Industrial Flexible Packaging are:-
- Sonoco Products Company
- Bemis Company, Inc
- Berry Plastics Group, Inc.
- Novolex – Carlyle Group
- Bischof + Klein SE & Co.
- Coveris Holdings S.A.
- Huhtamäki Oyj
- Cosmo Films Limited
- Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
- Clondalkin Group Holdings BV
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.