Industrial Films: Introduction
- Industrial films are commonly produced by using polymeric materials such as polyethylene, polyethylene terephthalate, polypropylene, and polyamide. These polymers are then extruded to form films.
- In terms of end-use industry, the global industrial films market can be segmented into automotive & transportation, building & construction, agriculture, medical, electrical & electronics, and others. The agriculture segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Industrial films are primarily used in agriculture applications for greenhouse, low tunnel covers, etc. The electrical & electronics segment is anticipated to account for significant share of the global industrial films market by the end of the forecast period. Industrial films are primarily used as cover films for production of semiconductor and flat panel displays, flexible print-circuit boards, as well as process films for rubbers and buildings. Growth of the semiconductor industry is estimated to boost consumption of industrial films in the electrical & electronics end-use industry.
Excellent Clarity and Processability of Industrial Films to Drive the Market
- Attributes of industrial films including its moisture barrier, clarity, outstanding durability, and chemical resistance are projected to drive the demand for industrial films in a wide range of industries. Additionally, industrial films offer adaptability to harsh environments, dimensional stability, and consistent quality.
- Rise in demand for high value added products such as smartphones is likely to boost the consumption of industrial films in the near future. Increase in disposable income, rise in affordability, and decline in prices of electronic gadgets have led to boosted the sales of consumer electronics such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Industrial films are mainly used in formulation of cover films for electronic gadgets due to their flexibility and transparency. This is expected to drive the demand for industrial films between 2020 and 2030.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Industrial Films Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to weakening of economic conditions, closure of manufacturing sites, and supply-chain disruption. This is expected to hamper the market in 2020. Consumption of products such as consumer electronics has been adversely affected owing to the pandemic. In turn, this is estimated to hinder the consumption of industrial films in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Industrial Films Market
- In terms of region, the global industrial films market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold major share of the global market in terms of consumption during the forecast period. Rise in demand for industrial films in end-use industries including automotive & transportation, building & construction, agriculture, medical, and electrical & electronics is expected to boost the consumption of these films in the near future.
- Increase in the focus on continuous improvements in the production process by investing resources in technological advancements is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of industrial films across North America and Europe in the next few years
- Latin America is a major net importer of industrial films, with most imports from Asia Pacific. The market in Brazil is much larger as compared to that in Mexico due to its expanding economy.
- Rise in urbanization and industrialization in Middle East & Africa is expected to boost the demand for industrial films, typically in electrical & electronics, construction, agriculture, and medical end-use industries
Key Players Operating in Market
The global industrial films market is highly fragmented, with the presence of large numbers of big and small players. Players operating in the global industrial films market focus on expanding their business as well as product portfolio by entering into partnerships with companies that manufacture end-products. Major players operating in the global industrial films market include:
- RKW SE
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation.
- TOYOBO Co., LTD
- Cosmo Films Ltd.
- MITSUBISHI CHEMICALS HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY
- SKC CO., LTD
- SAINT-GOBAIN S.A.
- BERRY GLOBAL GROUP
- KOLON INDUSTRIES
- MITSUI CHEMICALS TOHCELLO
- ROGERS CORPORATION
- THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- JINDAL POLY FILMS
- TREOFAN GROUP
- MURAPLAST d.o.o.
- Technovaa Italy Macplast, S.p.A.
Global Industrial Films Market: Research Scope
Global Industrial Films Market, by Silica Content
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET/BOPET)
- Polypropylene (PP/BOPP)
- Polyamide (PA/BOPA)
Global Industrial Films Market, by End-use Industry
- Automotive & Transportation
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Industrial Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!