Industrial Films: Introduction
- Industrial films are commonly produced by using polymeric materials such as polyethylene, polyethylene terephthalate, polypropylene, and polyamide. These polymers are then extruded to form films.
- In terms of end-use industry, the global industrial films market can be segmented into automotive & transportation, building & construction, agriculture, medical, electrical & electronics, and others. The agriculture segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Industrial films are primarily used in agriculture applications for greenhouse, low tunnel covers, etc. The electrical & electronics segment is anticipated to account for significant share of the global industrial films market by the end of the forecast period. Industrial films are primarily used as cover films for production of semiconductor and flat panel displays, flexible print-circuit boards, as well as process films for rubbers and buildings. Growth of the semiconductor industry is estimated to boost consumption of industrial films in the electrical & electronics end-use industry.
Excellent Clarity and Processability of Industrial Films to Drive the Market
- Attributes of industrial films including its moisture barrier, clarity, outstanding durability, and chemical resistance are projected to drive the demand for industrial films in a wide range of industries. Additionally, industrial films offer adaptability to harsh environments, dimensional stability, and consistent quality.
- Rise in demand for high value added products such as smartphones is likely to boost the consumption of industrial films in the near future. Increase in disposable income, rise in affordability, and decline in prices of electronic gadgets have led to boosted the sales of consumer electronics such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Industrial films are mainly used in formulation of cover films for electronic gadgets due to their flexibility and transparency. This is expected to drive the demand for industrial films between 2020 and 2030.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Industrial Films Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to weakening of economic conditions, closure of manufacturing sites, and supply-chain disruption. This is expected to hamper the market in 2020. Consumption of products such as consumer electronics has been adversely affected owing to the pandemic. In turn, this is estimated to hinder the consumption of industrial films in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Industrial Films Market
- In terms of region, the global industrial films market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold major share of the global market in terms of consumption during the forecast period. Rise in demand for industrial films in end-use industries including automotive & transportation, building & construction, agriculture, medical, and electrical & electronics is expected to boost the consumption of these films in the near future.
- Increase in the focus on continuous improvements in the production process by investing resources in technological advancements is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of industrial films across North America and Europe in the next few years
- Latin America is a major net importer of industrial films, with most imports from Asia Pacific. The market in Brazil is much larger as compared to that in Mexico due to its expanding economy.
- Rise in urbanization and industrialization in Middle East & Africa is expected to boost the demand for industrial films, typically in electrical & electronics, construction, agriculture, and medical end-use industries
Key Players Operating in Market
The global industrial films market is highly fragmented, with the presence of large numbers of big and small players. Players operating in the global industrial films market focus on expanding their business as well as product portfolio by entering into partnerships with companies that manufacture end-products. Major players operating in the global industrial films market include:
- RKW SE
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation.
- TOYOBO Co., LTD
- Cosmo Films Ltd.
- MITSUBISHI CHEMICALS HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY
- SKC CO., LTD
- SAINT-GOBAIN S.A.
- BERRY GLOBAL GROUP
- KOLON INDUSTRIES
- MITSUI CHEMICALS TOHCELLO
- ROGERS CORPORATION
- THE CHEMOURS COMPANY
- JINDAL POLY FILMS
- TREOFAN GROUP
- MURAPLAST d.o.o.
- Technovaa Italy Macplast, S.p.A.
Global Industrial Films Market: Research Scope
Global Industrial Films Market, by Silica Content
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET/BOPET)
- Polypropylene (PP/BOPP)
- Polyamide (PA/BOPA)
Global Industrial Films Market, by End-use Industry
- Automotive & Transportation
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Industrial Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.