Industrial Desalination Systems – Introduction
- Desalination is the process of removing solid or impure components from saline water to process the water and make it suitable for human consumption, irrigation, industrial applications, municipal use, landscaping, and various other purposes.
- Industrial desalination systems enable the treatment of wastewater across several industries such as oil, gas, and mining and its market in these industries is experiencing significant growth.
Key Drivers of the Industrial Desalination System Market
- Rising population, climate change, and rapid urbanization across the globe is straining the existing water sources, which provides industrial desalination systems an opportunity to address the current and future fresh water scarcity problems, thus offering the market attractive opportunities.
- The desalination process uses renewable energy with the help of which the needs of fresh water can be fulfilled at reduced cost. This provides growth opportunity to the market.
- An expanding industrial sector and rising investment in the water infrastructure sector are expected to boost the demand for industrial desalination systems.
Factors Restraining the Industrial Desalination System Market
- The risk associated with the construction of desalination system plants is that the construction of water intake infrastructure can impact environmentally sensitive areas
- Construction of desalination plants entails large amount of investment to support the technologies, engineering, and construction involved.
- In industrial desalination systems, the most common method of dealing with impurities is to dispose it in a river or stream near the plant. This has an adverse long term impact on the water quality of these rivers and streams.
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Industrial Desalination System Market
- In terms of geography, the global industrial desalination system market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the industrial desalination system market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The industrial desalination system market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global industrial desalination system market in 2018, attributed to the limited availability of fresh water resources in the region. Growth in population and increasing environmental concerns drives the industrial desalination system market in North America, particularly in the US and Canada.
- The industrial desalination system market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America, and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in the Industrial Desalination System Market
The global industrial desalination system market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global industrial desalination system market are:
- IDE Technologies
- Doosan Heavy
- Fisia Italimpianti Spa
- Biwater holdings limited
- Genesis Water Technologies
Global Industrial Desalination System Market: Research Scope
Global Industrial Desalination System Market, by Technology
- Reverse Osmosis
- Multi Stage Flash (MSF) Distillation
- Multi Effect Distillation (MED)
- Vapor Compression Distillation
Global Industrial Desalination System Market, by End-user
Global Industrial Desalination System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!