Industrial Accelerometer Market: Introduction
- An accelerometer is a sensor that controls physical acceleration felt by any object, due to automatic excitation and inertial forces
- An accelerometer is an electronic sensor that measures the acceleration forces acting on an object, in order to determine the object’s position in space and monitors the movement of the object
- Industrial accelerometers are the primary vibration sensors required for rotating equipment with rolling bearings
- Rise in adoption of MEMS accelerometers in high-end applications, due to advantages such as enhanced performance, small size, and low power consumption, is projected to boost the global industrial accelerometer market during the forecast period
- Continuous development in technology coupled with need for better efficiency is estimated to boost the demand for industrial accelerometer in the near future
- Industrial accelerometer is used in various applications such as crushers, gearboxes, conveyors, belts, pumps, elevators, blowers, etc.
Rising Demand for Accelerometer in Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global market can be segmented into aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, automotive, marine, cement, metal, pharmaceuticals, industrial, and others
- The aerospace and defense segment of the global industrial accelerometer market is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in adoption of high-end industrial accelerometers in small-diameter missiles, underwater navigators, and unmanned aerial vehicles and also increasing beneficiaries of high-end MEMS sensors in military applications
- High-end MEMS accelerators are utilized in combination with gyroscopes in inertial navigation applications to calculate direction and speed in defense applications such as aircraft, ships, missiles, submarines, and spacecraft
- Manufacturers are producing custom MEMS-based industrial accelerometers with enhanced bias stability in order to cater to the increasing demand for IMUs and AHRS systems for military applications. This is projected to boost the global industrial accelerometer market during the forecast period.
- Rise in trend of IoT (Internet of Things) and need for industrial automation is creating new opportunities for the industrial accelerometer market in the near future
North America to Lead Global Industrial Accelerometer Market
- In terms of region, the global industrial accelerometer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The development of new, high performance industrial accelerometers is being witnessed in North America, as companies in the region are investing in the introduction of advanced and innovative accelerometers. Increased spending on defense by the U.S. government is a major factor driving the industrial accelerometers market in North America.
- The industrial accelerometer market in North America is expected to expand at a high growth rate due to the presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period owing to reduced competition in the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Industrial Accelerometer Market
Major players operating in global industrial accelerometer market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to the rising demand for industrial accelerometer market. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global industrial accelerometer market include:
- Hansford Sensors.
- STI Vibration Monitoring Inc.
- Micromega Dynamics SA.
- Connection Technology Center, Inc.
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
- Omega Engineering Inc.
- Bosch Sensortec GmbH
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Thales Group
- Physical Logic
Global Industrial Accelerometer Market: Research Scope
Global Industrial Accelerometer Market, by Type
- MEMS Accelerometer
- Piezoelectric Accelerometer
- Others (piezo resistive, strain gage etc.)
Global Industrial Accelerometer Market, by Application
- Conveyor belts
- Others (elevators, blowers etc.)
Global Industrial Accelerometer Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace and Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Others (pharmaceutical, metal etc.)
Global Industrial Accelerometer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.