Impregnation Sealants Market: Impregnation Sealants Seals Microporous Leakage in Various Applications such as Metal Casing, Sintered Components, and Electronic Leads and Connectors
- Impregnation sealants offer effective solutions against porosity. They are used to seal microporous leakages in sintered parts, metal castings, plastic electric connectors, wood, etc.
- In addition, Impregnation sealants are used to seal and impregnate various aerospace components, air compressors, automotive cylinder heads and blocks, and electric/electronic connectors
- Impregnation sealants are of two types: thermal-cured and anaerobic. Thermal-cured impregnation sealants are widely used for iron, steel, aluminum, and zinc castings, whereas anaerobic sealants are used for powdered metal components. Thermal-cured sealants aid in sealing micro pores, whereas anaerobic impregnation sealants help in sealing macro pores
- Impregnation sealants offer excellent washability and they have very high temperature stability. They also provide superior chemical resistance to petrol, motor oils, hydraulic fluids, gases, and diluted acids.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Impregnation Sealants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Impregnation Sealants Market
- Porosity in a casting application can occur as a result of formation of gas bubbles during the process of molten metal solidification, which can lead to leakages and reduce the efficiency of the finished casting. Thus, rising demand for impregnation sealants in order to reduce porosity in both die-cast and electronic applications is likely to drive the global impregnation sealants market during the forecast period.
- In addition, increasing demand for impregnation sealants with excellent curing properties is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Impregnation sealants prevent formation of cracks and extend the life of tools in metal parts. They also reduce formation of scrap and waste during the product life cycle. All these factors are likely to propel the demand for impregnation sealants significantly during the forecast period.
Rising Demand for Pressure Impregnation Sealants
- Rise in research activities in the field of pressure impregnation sealants, which are more cost effective and efficient, is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the global impregnation sealants market during the forecast period
- Pressure impregnation sealants can control leakage at higher rate and eliminate the risk of sealant contamination at oil ways, machined holes, and water jackets. Pressure impregnation sealants do not require additional cold-water wash or hot-water curing stages, which contribute to the loss of sealants and lead to higher failure rates.
Lower Efficiency and Intense Competition from Other Thin-film Technologies, such as CIGS and CdTe, to Restrain Market
- Impregnation sealants require a large amount of heat and long time to initiate the cross-linking process. In addition, casting may get discolored or oxidized in the absence of corrosion inhibitors, during the curing process. This factor is likely to hinder the global impregnation sealants market during the forecast period.
- High costs associated with vacuum impregnation led by requirement for high-pressure impregnation chambers and inability to process larger and heavier parts are also expected to restrain the global market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Impregnation Sealants Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Leading Share of Global Impregnation Sealants Market
In terms of region, the global impregnation sealants market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a dominant share of the global impregnation sealants market in 2018. Rising automotive production and increasing demand for powder metallurgy components are likely to propel the demand for impregnation sealants in the region during the forecast period.
- In Asia Pacific, China, India, and Japan are leading consumers of impregnation sealants. Rising industrialization and increasing demand for sintered components led by their cost-effectiveness and higher dimensional accuracy are expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period.
- In Europe, Germany, France, and the U.K. are leading consumers of impregnation sealants. Rise in the demand for additive manufacturing technologies with high cost-effectiveness and high rate of utilization of raw materials is driving the demand for powder metallurgy components and, in turn, impregnation sealants.
- Recovery from the recent economic downturn in North America is augmenting the launch of various new automotive projects in the U.S. and Canada. Rising demand for fuel-efficient aircraft and hard and soft magnets with high electric performance for use in electromagnetic applications is likely to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the impregnation sealants market in the region in the next few years.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America are highly dependent on imports of raw materials. High product cost and lack of skilled labor are some of the factors responsible for sluggish growth of the market in these regions. However, the scenario may change in the next few years, due to rising investments by automotive manufacturers in GCC, Brazil, and Mexico.
Key Players Operating in Global Impregnation Sealants Market:
Research and development and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the global impregnation sealants market.
Key players operating in the global impregnation sealants market include:
- Godfrey & Wing, Inc.
- Ultraseal International
- International Metall IMPrägnier GmbH
- Norman Hay plc.
- DIAMANT Metallplastic GmbH
Global Impregnation Sealants Market: Research Scope
Global Impregnation Sealants Market, by Type
Global Impregnation Sealants Market, by Process
- Vacuum Impregnation
- Pressure Impregnation
Global Impregnation Sealants Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
Global Impregnation Sealants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.