Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market – Introduction
- Image annotation is also known as image tagging. It is the labeling of images to be utilized as Artificial Intelligence (AI) training data. Image tagging & annotation services provide users with annotated images with their requested labels. These labels are programmed by AI professionals and are selected to provide the computer vision model information regarding what is displayed in the image or a picture.
- Nowadays, image annotation & tagging services are becoming an essential part of companies across various industries such as retail, e-commerce, automobile, fashion, and healthcare. Organizing images or pictures through easy catalogs, easy management of image categorization, and matching images as per client requirements are some of the noteworthy advantages of image tagging & annotation services.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing deployment of image tagging & annotation services across industries: Prominent driving factor of the market
- Image tagging & annotation has various usages in different situations based on the mode of operation and business nature. It can easily create a catalog from scratch, update catalog sheet objects, syndicate various datasets, and also help in training dataset formation. For instance, image tagging & annotation is widely used in the automotive industry through semantic segmentation for object detection & recognition. Object detection & recognition plays a vital role in the autonomous vehicle and ADAS system. Therefore, the semantic segmentation technique is helpful in training modules to develop a better understanding of what the data holds.
- In logistics, warehouse applications such as package delivery, handling, and transportation are tiresome tasks when handled manually. Image tagging & annotation automates these activities while using annotated techniques, producing precise datasets for training smart detection and tracking modules.
- Thus, the increasing deployment of image tagging & annotation services across industries is augmenting the growth of the market worldwide.
Lack of awareness expected to significantly hamper the image tagging & annotation services market
- In India, Taiwan, etc., organizations still follow the traditional approach rather than the advanced approach with the help of artificial intelligence/machine learning that helps in object identification and detection. Thus, lack of awareness about novel technologies (image tagging & annotation), specifically in developing nations is hampering the market.
- Lack of awareness is expected to significantly hamper the image tagging & annotation services market globally.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global image tagging & annotation services market
- In terms of region, the global image tagging & annotation services market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global image tagging & annotation services market during the forecast period due to upsurge of Big Data and rise in large datasets across enterprises, indicating potential growth of the image tagging & annotation services market in this region. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for image tagging & annotation services from 2019 to 2027. Increasing scope of the growth in data labelling across various industries (automotive, manufacturing) is likely to drive the image tagging & annotation services market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global image tagging & annotation services market during the forecast period due to increasing demand for autonomous vehicles and facial recognition which is expected to increase the adoption of image tagging & annotation services in the region.
Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market – Competitive Landscape
- In August 2019, Alegion decided to raise around US$ 12 million in series A funding for data annotation. The investment would help the company to enhance its product portfolio to gain market share worldwide.
- In November 2019, CloudFactory raised approximately US$ 65 million for its image annotation services across various applications such as facial recognition and autonomous vehicles. The strategy would help the company to enhance its market position to compete with other players worldwide.
Key Players Operating in the Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market
- Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
- Vee Technologies
- Sparx BPO
- clickworker GmbH
- Cogito Technology LLC
Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market: Research Scope
Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market, by Service Type
- Bounding Boxes/ Cuboids
- Landmark Annotation
- Image Categorization
- Lines and Splines
- Pixel-precise/Pixel-wise Segmentation
- Semantic Segmentation
Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market, by Application
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Augmented Reality
- Facial Recognition
- Robotics & Drones
Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market, by Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Transportation & Logistics
- Others (Fashion, E-commerce)
Global Image Tagging & Annotation Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.