Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH): Introduction
- Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) is a chronic neurologic disorder marked by an insatiable need to sleep that is not eased by a full night’s slumber. People with idiopathic hypersomnia sleep normal or long amounts of time each night; however, they still feel excessively sleepy during the day.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia is a type of hypersomnia and symptoms include chronic excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS), non-refreshing daytime napping, and sleep drunkenness after nighttime sleep and naps. The causes of idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) are not known.
Key Drivers of Global Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market
- The global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market is primarily driven by the high prevalence of Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH). According to National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc., the prevalence rate of idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) is around 1-5 / 10,000 population. Hence, increase in the number of patients with Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) is another key factors that drives the global Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market.
- Government initiatives and major foundations are focused on starting new campaigns to increase awareness about idiopathic hypersomnia (IH), which in turn is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period. For instance, in March 2021, Jazz Pharmaceuticals and Hypersomnia Foundation launched a campaign to increase understanding and awareness about idiopathic hypersomnia.
- Anticipated launch of pipeline drugs during the forecast period is anticipated to propel the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market. Currently, Jazz Pharmaceuticals has one innovative product, i.e. Xywav, in phase III testing for treatment of adult patients with idiopathic hypersomnia.
Stimulant Medications Segment to be Highly Promising
- Based on drug type, the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market can be divided into stimulant medications, non-stimulant wake-promoting medications, and sodium oxybate. Stimulant medications is anticipated to be the leading segment during the forecast period.
- Stimulant medications are used as first-line treatment for idiopathic hypersomnia (IH). Modafinil is most commonly used in the treatment of this condition.
- Non-stimulant wake-promoting medications is expected to follow the stimulant medications segment, in terms of market share, during the forecast period
Hospital Pharmacies to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2020, it is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period.
- Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) patients mostly visit hospitals for treatment and drugs are available over-the-counter and on prescription. Hospital pharmacies deal with procurement, storage, dispensing, and distribution of drugs for inpatients as well as outpatients.
North America to Dominate Global Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of the forecast period.
- Increase in number of patients suffering from lifestyle diseases such as depression, anxiety, increase in research and development activity for rare diseases, and presence of major market players fuel the idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market in North America.
- The idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Expansion of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to high prevalence of idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, and rapidly improving healthcare infrastructure.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) treatment market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Avadel Pharmaceuticals, Plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Pfizer Inc
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC
- Merck & Co. Inc.
Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Stimulant Medications
- Non-stimulant wake-promoting Medications
- Sodium Oxybate
Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Idiopathic hypersomnia (IH) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.