Global ID Reader Market - Introduction
- ID reader is a software solution that enables rapid automatic transfer of textual data from personal and travel documents. ID reader does not store any information; it only transfers the data from the scanner. After scanning the document, an ID reader automatically extracts all the textual data and identifies the document type from the scanned image. An ID reader can easily simplify database creation, ensures business processes automation, higher information accessibility, and fewer mistakes during data input, etc.
- An ID reader is generally based on various technologies such as optical character recognition, radio-frequency identification (RFID), and image processing. ID readers easily read all commercial documents such as passports, ID cards, driver license, health cards, as well as special characters (?, Ö, Ü, Š, Ñ, etc.).
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing cross-border travels worldwide: Prominent driving factor of the ID reader market
- Increasing cross-border travel coupled with the growing number of counterfeit passports is a risk to national security of numerous countries. This is extensively boosting the demand for ID readers. ID readers are mainly used for travel documents such as passports with RFID-based technology, in which the passenger’s data is scanned during check-in, to categorize counterfeit documents. Therefore, increasing cross-border travel worldwide is significantly enhancing the growth of the ID reader market.
- According to the UN World Tourism Organization, it is estimated that the percentage of international trips is expected to increase up to more than 1.8 billion over the next 10 years as compared to 1.2 billion trips in 2015.
Security concerns related to RFID technology expected to significantly hamper the ID reader market
- RFID-based ID readers are expected to hamper the growth of the market. Major security threats faced by RFID systems include unauthorized access to RFID tags, and cloning & spoofing. Moreover, such unauthorized access could lead to a devastating impact on organizations. Therefore, organizations avoid storing security sensitive information on RFID devices, which is likely to hinder the growth of the ID reader market.
- Thus, unauthorized access of tracking technologies is expected to significantly hamper the ID reader market worldwide.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global ID reader market
- In terms of region, the global ID reader market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global ID reader market during the forecast period due to increasing technological advancements such as RFID, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR), indicating potential growth of the ID reader market in this region. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for ID readers from 2019 to 2027. Growing number of counterfeit passport cases is expected to boost the ID reader market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global ID reader market during the forecast period due to increasing terrorism activities, which is expected to increase the adoption of ID readers in the region.
Global ID Reader Market - Competitive Landscape
- In June 2019, Gemalto N.V. (Thales Group) introduced "AT10Ki" an intelligent document reader, specially designed to improved connectivity solutions to enable mobile & cloud apps over Ethernet & Wi-Fi for commercial applications where official papers or documents are essential. This intelligent document reader “AT10Ki” can easily provide a direct linked to cloud applications for various documents such as drivers' licenses, passports, visas, ID cards, and other official documents.
- In March 2018, RF IDeas, Inc., introduced "pcProx Plus BLE reader" coupled with RFID and Bluetooth low energy technology. The reader has wide-ranging usage in financial, healthcare and other industries for various applications like beaconing & e-prescribe for asset tracking & indoor location.
Key Players Operating in the Global ID Reader Market
- 3M Company
- Adria Scan d.o.o.
- Avision Inc.
- Gemalto NV (Thales Group)
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Peripheral Dynamics Inc.
- PLUSS ID LLC
- Precision Dynamic Corporation D.B.A. PDC-IDenticard
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- rf IDEAS Inc.
- Identiv, Inc.
- Regula Forensics Inc.
- Suprema Inc.
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
Global ID Reader Market: Research Scope
Global ID Reader Market, by Component
- Magnetic Stripe Reader
- Smart Card Reader
- RFID Contactless Card Reader
- Barcode Reader
- Training & Consulting
- Support and Maintenance
Global ID Reader Market, by Deployment
- Portable Reader System
- Fixed Reader System
Global ID Reader Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Global ID Reader Market, by Industry
- Government Organizations
- IT & Telecom
- Oil & Gas
- Automobile & Manufacturing
- Transport & Logistics
- Media & Entertainment
- Others (Construction, Education)
Global ID Reader Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.