Global ID Reader Market - Introduction
- ID reader is a software solution that enables rapid automatic transfer of textual data from personal and travel documents. ID reader does not store any information; it only transfers the data from the scanner. After scanning the document, an ID reader automatically extracts all the textual data and identifies the document type from the scanned image. An ID reader can easily simplify database creation, ensures business processes automation, higher information accessibility, and fewer mistakes during data input, etc.
- An ID reader is generally based on various technologies such as optical character recognition, radio-frequency identification (RFID), and image processing. ID readers easily read all commercial documents such as passports, ID cards, driver license, health cards, as well as special characters (?, Ö, Ü, Š, Ñ, etc.).
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing cross-border travels worldwide: Prominent driving factor of the ID reader market
- Increasing cross-border travel coupled with the growing number of counterfeit passports is a risk to national security of numerous countries. This is extensively boosting the demand for ID readers. ID readers are mainly used for travel documents such as passports with RFID-based technology, in which the passenger’s data is scanned during check-in, to categorize counterfeit documents. Therefore, increasing cross-border travel worldwide is significantly enhancing the growth of the ID reader market.
- According to the UN World Tourism Organization, it is estimated that the percentage of international trips is expected to increase up to more than 1.8 billion over the next 10 years as compared to 1.2 billion trips in 2015.
Security concerns related to RFID technology expected to significantly hamper the ID reader market
- RFID-based ID readers are expected to hamper the growth of the market. Major security threats faced by RFID systems include unauthorized access to RFID tags, and cloning & spoofing. Moreover, such unauthorized access could lead to a devastating impact on organizations. Therefore, organizations avoid storing security sensitive information on RFID devices, which is likely to hinder the growth of the ID reader market.
- Thus, unauthorized access of tracking technologies is expected to significantly hamper the ID reader market worldwide.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
North America to hold major share of the global ID reader market
- In terms of region, the global ID reader market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global ID reader market during the forecast period due to increasing technological advancements such as RFID, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR), indicating potential growth of the ID reader market in this region. Europe is estimated to be the second largest market for ID readers from 2019 to 2027. Growing number of counterfeit passport cases is expected to boost the ID reader market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly expanding region of the global ID reader market during the forecast period due to increasing terrorism activities, which is expected to increase the adoption of ID readers in the region.
Global ID Reader Market - Competitive Landscape
- In June 2019, Gemalto N.V. (Thales Group) introduced "AT10Ki" an intelligent document reader, specially designed to improved connectivity solutions to enable mobile & cloud apps over Ethernet & Wi-Fi for commercial applications where official papers or documents are essential. This intelligent document reader “AT10Ki” can easily provide a direct linked to cloud applications for various documents such as drivers' licenses, passports, visas, ID cards, and other official documents.
- In March 2018, RF IDeas, Inc., introduced "pcProx Plus BLE reader" coupled with RFID and Bluetooth low energy technology. The reader has wide-ranging usage in financial, healthcare and other industries for various applications like beaconing & e-prescribe for asset tracking & indoor location.
Key Players Operating in the Global ID Reader Market
- 3M Company
- Adria Scan d.o.o.
- Avision Inc.
- Gemalto NV (Thales Group)
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Peripheral Dynamics Inc.
- PLUSS ID LLC
- Precision Dynamic Corporation D.B.A. PDC-IDenticard
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- rf IDEAS Inc.
- Identiv, Inc.
- Regula Forensics Inc.
- Suprema Inc.
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
Global ID Reader Market: Research Scope
Global ID Reader Market, by Component
- Magnetic Stripe Reader
- Smart Card Reader
- RFID Contactless Card Reader
- Barcode Reader
- Training & Consulting
- Support and Maintenance
Global ID Reader Market, by Deployment
- Portable Reader System
- Fixed Reader System
Global ID Reader Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Global ID Reader Market, by Industry
- Government Organizations
- IT & Telecom
- Oil & Gas
- Automobile & Manufacturing
- Transport & Logistics
- Media & Entertainment
- Others (Construction, Education)
Global ID Reader Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.