Ice-resistant Coatings Market: Prevention of Ice or Snow Adhesion
- Ice-resistant coatings, also referred to as anti-ice coatings, ice-repellant coatings or ice-phobic coatings, protect the coated surface from snow, ice, frost, and sleet. These coatings prevent adhesion of ice or snow to the surface. They can be applied to various types of substrates such as plastics, metals, concrete, glass, and composite materials.
- Ice or snow buildup on the surface is a common issue witnessed in cold-climate areas across the world. Icing of surfaces leads to safety concerns, impaired functionality, and high economic and environmental costs associated with deicing activities.
- Demand for ice-resistant coatings is increasing in cold-climate areas across the world, especially in Europe and North America. This is attributable to their ability to offer more enduring, cost-effective, and eco-friendly alternative for the ice-resistant systems currently in use.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Ice-Resistant Coatings Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Ice-Resistant Coatings Market
- Icing is accumulation of ice caused by freezing of liquids on a surface. Icing hampers the functioning of systems. Ice buildup is a common issue in several countries. Aircraft, power utilities, telecommunication lines, wind mills, solar panels, electric equipment, and utilities (such as heat exchangers in chemical plants) experience damage due to icing. For example, icing on screens and bodies of aircraft damages the aerodynamic shape of aircraft to a large extent and increases the load on aircraft. Use of ice-resistant coatings is an efficient method to cut costs and address safety concerns associated with icing. This is estimated to be a key driver of the global ice-resistant coatings market during the forecast period.
- The aerospace & automotive segment accounted for a major share of the global market in 2017. The segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to rise in the use of ice-resistant coatings on rotor blades of wind turbines.
- Icing causes safety hazards to rotor blades and leads to forced stoppages of wind power plants. These power downtimes are not financially feasible. Moreover, icing affects the life and mechanical strength of rotor blades. Removing ice mechanically from rotor blades is not feasible. Thus, ice-resistant coatings offer a more convenient alternative for conventionally used methods such as manual removal of ice and use of chemicals and heating coils.
Metal Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- The metal segment is estimated to dominate the global ice-resistant coatings market during the forecast period. Ice-resistant coatings provide a protective layer and reduce deposition of ice on metal surfaces.
- The glass segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Snow or ice accumulates on glass windows and windscreens of automobiles and aircraft. Icing on the windward surface of an aircraft changes its aerodynamic shape and poses a safety hazard. Hence, the glass segment is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period.
Lack of Technology Improvement to Hamper Market
- Ice-resistant coatings being used currently are not sufficiently capable to prevent ice formation and freezing of water. They need iceophobicity as well as superhydrophobicity.
- Moreover, ice-resistant coatings have low durability, which makes them susceptible to mechanical wear and tear. These coatings need to be applied at regular intervals and they are not easy to repair. Sometimes, mechanical removal of ice is required even after the application of coatings.
- Lack of technology to produce ice-resistant coatings with desired properties such as greater durability is likely to restrain the global ice-resistant coatings market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Ice-resistant Coatings Market here.
Europe Expected to Hold a Significant Share of Global Ice-resistant Coatings Market
- In terms of region, the global ice-resistant coatings market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe was the leading market for ice-resistant coatings, in terms of both value and volume, in 2018. The region is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period. The region consists of Nordic countries, which have cold climate and which are prone to issues caused by ice accumulation. The market in Europe is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
- North America is a leading consumer of ice-resistant coatings across the world. The market in the region is likely to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years. This can be attributed to cold climatic conditions in the region, which augment the demand for ice-resistant coatings.
- Asia Pacific holds a considerable share of the global market for ice-resistant coatings. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period. The two regions are likely to create lucrative opportunities for the ice-resistant coatings market from 2019 to 2027.
Key Players Operating in the Market
The global ice-resistant coatings market is dominated by a few large-sized players. However, presence of a large number of small- and medium-sized players makes the market highly competitive. High growth potential of the market is attracting new local as well as international players toward the market. Key players operating in the global ice-resistant coatings market include:
- PPG Industries Inc.
- 3M Company
- NanoSonic Inc.
- Aerospace and Advanced Composites GmbH
- NEI Corporation
- NeverWet LLC.
Global Ice-resistant Coatings Market: Research Scope
Global Ice-resistant Coatings Market, by Substrate
Global Ice-resistant Coatings Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Automotive
- Renewable Energy
- Power Utility & Telecommunication
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.