Global Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market – Introduction
- Ice hockey protective gear are specialized equipment used for protection as ice hockey is a sport where injuries are very common. Therefore, players have to protect themselves from injures, severe fractures etc. Protective gear such as a helmet, mouth guard, neck guard, elbow pads, shoulder pads, gloves, and leg pads are compulsorily worn while playing ice hockey. Different ranges of protective gear and accessories are available in the market for regular players and goalkeepers. Protective gear for goalkeepers offers more protection from frontal impact and also increases the chances of stopping pucks. National Hockey League (NHL) is one of the most renowned ice hockey leagues in the world. Manufacturers are producing customized ice hockey protective gear and accessories for the teams participating in this championship.
Increasing sports safety rules projected to be a driving factor for the ice hockey protective gear market
- Globally, demand for ice hockey protective gear is increasing due to strict regulations by sports organizations regarding the use of protective gear and accessories. Regulations governing younger players are stricter. As per norms, players are removed from competition if they do not wear proper gear. Recent modifications in terms of rules and strict adherence to rules may minimize the frequency of injuries. Most sports related injuries occur due to lack of usage of proper protective gear & equipment. Hence, sports agencies and associations are becoming stricter in terms of usage of protective sports equipment to minimize causalities.
Growing number of participants in ice hockey worldwide
- The ice hockey equipment industry is expanding rapidly across the world as increasing number of people are taking up ice hockey as a sport. The global sports industry today is an all-encompassing business that consists of everything from sporting goods and apparel to broadcasting rights, sponsorship, merchandising, and gate revenues. Rise in participation of players in high school and collegiate level events and university or inter school level championships is projected to create immense opportunities for manufacturers and suppliers of ice hockey protective gear.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market, Request for a Sample
North America considered the largest market for ice hockey protective gear
- Geographically, the global ice hockey protective gear market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe , Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global ice hockey protective gear market in 2019. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rise in popularity of ice hockey as a sport and increase in number of professional ice hockey players in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, which is projected to surge the sale of ice hockey protective gear in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rapid rise in number of premier leagues and championships in developing nations such as China, Korea, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Australia, Kyrgyzstan, and other Southeast Asian countries. These factors are projected to surge the demand for ice hockey protective gear in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market
Prominent ice hockey protective gear brands or companies are estimated to face tough competition during the forecasted timeline. Brands such as BAUER Hockey, LLC, CCM, Vaughn Hockey, STX, and Sher-Wood are producing ice hockey protective gear with innovation designs and shapes and planning to launch more advance and easy to carry ice hockey protective gear in the market. Companies are also undertaking mergers & acquisitions or signing agreements with regional distributors and dealers to expand their business in various parts of the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global ice hockey protective gear market include:
- BAUER Hockey, LLC
- CCM (Sport Maska Inc.)
- Eagle Hockey
- Vaughn Hockey
- WARRIOR SPORTS (New Balance, Inc.)
- Frontier Hockey
- Tour Hockey Corp.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market – Research Scope
Global Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market, by Product Type
- Protective Gear
- Mouth Guard
- Neck Guard
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Gloves & Blockers
- Shin Pads
- Leg Pads (Goalie)
- Chest & Arm Protectors
- Others (Jock & Jill etc.)
- Hockey Pants
- Hockey Socks
- Hockey Bags
- Others (Shin Tape, Stick Tape, Stick Protectors, Puck etc.)
Global Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market, by Price Category
Global Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market, by Consumer Group
Global Ice Hockey Protective Gear Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Websites
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores (Sports Store/ Franchise Store)
- Other (Retail Stores etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.