Ice Hockey Gear Market: Introduction
- Ice hockey gear are sports equipment, apparel, and safety equipment used while playing ice hockey. Basic protection gear used in ice hockey includes helmets and gloves. Hockey goalies need a whole different set of equipment to keep themselves safe. Professional hockey goalies always wear leg pads, arm pads, chest protector, blocker glove, and catcher glove in addition to a helmet. The helmet is the most important equipment used to prevent serious head injuries.
Key Drivers of the Global Ice Hockey Gear Market
- Rising participation in ice hockey across the globe is the key driver of the ice hockey gear market. According to a recent report published by SFIA (Sports & Fitness Industry Association), there are around 1,105,000 ice hockey participants in the U.S. The increasing interest in outdoor activities attracts more people, especially the younger population toward snow sports such as ice hockey. Further, the improving lifestyle of consumers, rising disposable income, and the physical benefits of outdoor recreational activities increases participation in ice hockey across the globe.
- Newer players from developing nations are working harder than ever to participate in international level competitions of ice hockey and several are anticipating scholarships available to colleges in the U.S. to play professional tournaments. Furthermore, millennial individuals prefer ice hockey as a recreational sport in countries such as Canada, The Czech Republic, Finland, Switzerland, and Germany among others.
Covid-19 Impact on the Global Ice Hockey Gear Market
- Demand for ice hockey gear declined significantly as the number of Coronavirus cases increased in different countries. Consumers preferred to stay at home due to lockdowns and social distancing mandates. Moreover, governments imposed restrictions that resulted in the shutdown of winter sports destinations.
Asia Pacific Market to Expand at Highest CAGR during the Forecast Period
- The regional segmentation of the market includes North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- The research report provides country-level analysis for each regional segment. The North America market country-level analysis and forecast includes the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. The country-level analysis and forecast for the Europe market includes historical and forecast analysis for the ice hockey gear industry in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the ice hockey gear market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America ice hockey gear market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Overall growth in winter sports in recent years is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities in the Asia Pacific ice hockey gear market. Rise in urban population coupled with improved lifestyles is likely to boost the demand for ice hockey gear during the forecast period. Changing demographics, rise in disposable income, and evolving consumer preferences for recreational sports is estimated to boost the growth of the market in major countries such as India, Japan, and China.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies operating in the ice hockey gear market are focusing on developing innovative and superior quality products with the help of advanced technologies to fulfil the needs of consumers and increase sales across untapped markets.
Some of the major companies identified in the global ice hockey gear market are:
- Dunlop Sport
- Head Sport GmbH
- Prince Global Sports, LLC
- Wilson Sporting Goods
- Black Knight, Inc.
- Karakal Worldwide Ltd,
- Harrow Sports
Global Ice Hockey Gear Market: Research Scope
Global Ice Hockey Gear Market, by Product
- Others (Socks, etc.)
- Hockey Equipment
- Hockey Skates
- Hockey Sticks
- Protective Equipment
- Mouth Guard
- Neck Guard
- Shoulder & Arm Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Others (Shin Pads, etc.)
Global Ice Hockey Gear Market, by End-user
- Professional Players
- Recreational Players
Global Ice Hockey Gear Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets
- Others (Departmental Stores, etc.)
Global Ice Hockey Gear Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global ice hockey gear market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.