Ice Hockey Equipment – A Study on Sports Equipment Used for Ice Hockey
- Ice hockey is among the fastest-growing sport across the globe and popularly played across North America and Europe
- The game is normally played in skating rinks. Apart from equipment such as hockey sticks, ice skates, and the puck, ice hockey also requires several protective gear such as helmets, shin pads, gloves, and shoulder pads.
- Increase in popularity of the sport influenced by ice hockey events such as Ice Hockey World Championship, World Cup of Hockey, and Stanley Cup is expected to encourage the youth to participate in the sport
- The market in recent years has seen noteworthy research & development investments by key players in order to stay competitive
Rise in Participation and Development of Synthetic Ice Rinks to Drive the Market
- In recent years, the participation rate in ice hockey has increased substantially. Women players are key contributors to the market with participation of women having grown remarkably in the past couple of years.
- In addition, development of synthetic ice rinks across the globe has fueled the demand for ice hockey equipment. Prominent growth in solid polymer material (synthetic ice) rinks has enabled people in Asia and the Middle East to access the sport. The trend is expected to drive the market in the next few years.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Ice Hockey Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Growth in E-commerce Industry to Bolster Online Sales of Ice Hockey Equipment
- The e-commerce industry is growing; this is due to rising penetration of myriad online platforms selling ice hockey equipment
- Rise in consumer confidence for online shopping is expected to boost the demand for online distribution channels
Higher Risk of Severe Injuries to Restrict Market Growth
- Ice hockey is highly susceptible to acute injuries, which in response impacts the participation of the general masses in the sport
- Thus, the high risk of injuries is likely to hinder the growth of the ice hockey equipment market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market
- In terms of geography, the global ice hockey equipment market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America region features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the ice hockey equipment market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The ice hockey equipment market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global market in 2018, owing to large number of participants in the U.S and Canada. Ice hockey originated in Canada, thus the region is a key contributor to the growth of the overall market.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Middle East & Africa and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Ice Hockey Equipment Market
The global ice hockey equipment market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players adopt various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global ice hockey equipment market include:
- Sher-Wood Hockey Inc.
- BAUER Hockey, LLC
- Franklin Sports Inc.
- New Balance, Inc. (Warrior Sports)
- CCM Hockey
- Cooper Canada Ltd.
- Vaughn Hockey
- Winnwell Inc.
- Wm T. Burnett & Co., Inc. (STX).
- Eagle Hockey
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Equipment Type
- Playing Equipment
- Hockey Stick
- Ice Skates
- Guarding Equipment
- Shin Pads
- Others (Shoulder guards, accessories, etc.)
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by End-user
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Third Party Online Channel
- Direct-to-Customer Online Channel
- Specialty Store (Sports Store/Franchise Store)
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.