Ice Hockey Equipment – A Study on Sports Equipment Used for Ice Hockey
- Ice hockey is among the fastest-growing sport across the globe and popularly played across North America and Europe
- The game is normally played in skating rinks. Apart from equipment such as hockey sticks, ice skates, and the puck, ice hockey also requires several protective gear such as helmets, shin pads, gloves, and shoulder pads.
- Increase in popularity of the sport influenced by ice hockey events such as Ice Hockey World Championship, World Cup of Hockey, and Stanley Cup is expected to encourage the youth to participate in the sport
- The market in recent years has seen noteworthy research & development investments by key players in order to stay competitive
Rise in Participation and Development of Synthetic Ice Rinks to Drive the Market
- In recent years, the participation rate in ice hockey has increased substantially. Women players are key contributors to the market with participation of women having grown remarkably in the past couple of years.
- In addition, development of synthetic ice rinks across the globe has fueled the demand for ice hockey equipment. Prominent growth in solid polymer material (synthetic ice) rinks has enabled people in Asia and the Middle East to access the sport. The trend is expected to drive the market in the next few years.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Ice Hockey Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Growth in E-commerce Industry to Bolster Online Sales of Ice Hockey Equipment
- The e-commerce industry is growing; this is due to rising penetration of myriad online platforms selling ice hockey equipment
- Rise in consumer confidence for online shopping is expected to boost the demand for online distribution channels
Higher Risk of Severe Injuries to Restrict Market Growth
- Ice hockey is highly susceptible to acute injuries, which in response impacts the participation of the general masses in the sport
- Thus, the high risk of injuries is likely to hinder the growth of the ice hockey equipment market during the forecast period
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market
- In terms of geography, the global ice hockey equipment market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America region features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the ice hockey equipment market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The ice hockey equipment market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global market in 2018, owing to large number of participants in the U.S and Canada. Ice hockey originated in Canada, thus the region is a key contributor to the growth of the overall market.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Middle East & Africa and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Ice Hockey Equipment Market
The global ice hockey equipment market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players adopt various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global ice hockey equipment market include:
- Sher-Wood Hockey Inc.
- BAUER Hockey, LLC
- Franklin Sports Inc.
- New Balance, Inc. (Warrior Sports)
- CCM Hockey
- Cooper Canada Ltd.
- Vaughn Hockey
- Winnwell Inc.
- Wm T. Burnett & Co., Inc. (STX).
- Eagle Hockey
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Equipment Type
- Playing Equipment
- Hockey Stick
- Ice Skates
- Guarding Equipment
- Shin Pads
- Others (Shoulder guards, accessories, etc.)
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by End-user
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Third Party Online Channel
- Direct-to-Customer Online Channel
- Specialty Store (Sports Store/Franchise Store)
Global Ice Hockey Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.