IaaS Public Cloud Services Market - Introduction
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is a form of cloud computing that delivers virtual computing resources over the internet. IaaS is one of the most significant cloud computing services. The cloud supplier manages IT infrastructure such as servers, storage, and networking resources and provides them to subscriber groups via virtual machines available through the internet.
- In the IaaS service module, a cloud supplier hosts the infrastructure elements that are traditionally present in an on-premise data center. IaaS providers also offer a wide range of services to accompany those infrastructure components - security, log access, clustering, and storage resiliency.
- IaaS use cases include web apps, test and development, storage backup and recovery, High-performance Computing (HPC), and big data analytics. An IaaS provider offers policy-driven services, allowing users to implement coordinated critical infrastructure tasks and high-level automation.
- IaaS helps lower costs and complexity of managing and buying data center infrastructure and physical servers. Increasing demand for IaaS public cloud services in different industries is expected to boost market growth during the forecast period.
Key Drivers of the IaaS Public Cloud Services Market
- IaaS is an effective cloud service model for workloads that are experimental, temporary, or that change unexpectedly. If the company is developing new software products, it might be more cost-effective to test and host the application using an IaaS provider.
- IaaS can be implemented in a private, public, and hybrid cloud setting. When buying IaaS it is like buying a physical computer, RAM, a CPU, or some hard disc space. IaaS offers the flexibility of choosing the operating system.
- IaaS is the self-service model for monitoring, accessing, and handling remote datacenter infrastructure, such as storage, compute (virtualized or bare metal), and networking services (firewalls). Instead of purchasing hardware outright, users can purchase IaaS based on consumption, similar to utility billing or electricity.
- Lack of awareness about the benefits of IaaS public cloud services systems among small & medium enterprises is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market
- Most companies are adopting the work from home module during the pandemic period. Companies are decreasing their investment in new technologies and services to manage their profitability. Most small businesses shut down due to lack of funds to sustain in the market.
- Demand for IaaS public cloud services is decreasing during the COVID-19 lockdown situation but is expected to grow after the pandemic situation eases due to the increasing dependency of commercial sectors on cloud-based solutions and services.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market
- In terms of region, the global IaaS public cloud services market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America holds a prominent share of the IaaS public cloud services market due to the presence of leading players and early adoption of advanced technologies and services in different industries in the region
- The IaaS public cloud services market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand the fastest during the forecast period due to increasing investment by major players to provide the services across the region and also due to increasing adoption of outsourced business process services in commercial sectors.
Key Players Operating in the Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market
- IBM Corporation
IBM Corporation is a leading technology company that produces software and hardware solutions. It is a prominent research company in the U.S. patent market with significant number of patents. The company offers a wide range of services that include analytics, cloud, Watson, customer engagement, Internet of Things, industry solutions, IT infrastructure, mobile, and security. IBM cloud services include cloud managed services, cloud advisory services, and cloud migration services
- SAP SE
SAP SE is a global technology company that provides enterprise application software for industries and companies across diverse sectors. The company offers solutions for various businesses, including commerce, finance, asset management, manufacturing, human resources, supply chain, and procurement. The company offers analytic solutions such as agile visualization, and business intelligence for information and data needs.
Other key players operating in the global IaaS public cloud services market include Oracle Corporation, Salesforce.com, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Amazon Web Services, Inc., Google LLC, Workday, Inc., Adobe, Inc.,
Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market: Research Scope
Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market, by Service Models
- Primary Storage
- Disaster Recovery and Backup
Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market, by Industry
- IT & Telecom
- Media and Entertainment
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Energy & Utilities
Global IaaS Public Cloud Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.