Hypochlorous Acid Market: Excellent Microbial and Oxidizing Properties
- Hypochlorous acid is a weak acid formed by dissolving chlorine in water. It possesses excellent microbial and oxidizing properties. It is used as a disinfectant agent in medical, water treatment, and food additives in food & beverages industry.
- Sodium hypochlorite and calcium hypochlorite are the two types of hypochlorous acid. Sodium hypochlorite is a widely consumed hypochlorous acid. Sodium hypochlorite can be easily stored and transported. It is more effective than chlorine gas in various applications.
- Hypochlorous acid is employed in various end-user industries such as water treatment, wound management, food & beverages, oil & gas, and personal care. Demand for hypochlorous acid in the wound management segment is projected to rise significantly in the near future. Hypochlorous acid acts as an excellent disinfectant in wound healing applications. It accelerates the healing process of any wound and other infections such as eye infection, ear infection, etc. Hypochlorous acid has excellent disinfectant properties, which help destroy pathogens, bacteria, and fungi.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Hypochlorous Acid market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of Hypochlorous Acid market
- Rise in demand for oxidizing and disinfecting agents in order to provide quality water is driving the global hypochlorous acid market.
- Hypochlorous acid is highly cost effective. It is non-toxic to humans and animals. Therefore, it is highly preferred in the water treatment industry.
- Rise in usage of hypochlorous acid in sterilizing bacterial infection by drying out blood cells is boosting its demand in the medical industry.
- Hypochlorous acid is also used as an active sanitizing agent in swimming pools and skin cleansing agent in cosmetic applications.
- It is used in the manufacture of calcium hypochlorite (Ca(OCl)2) and sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl), which are further used in the manufacture of disinfectants, bleaches, and deodorants.
Food & Beverage Industry and Wound Management to offer attractive opportunities
- Increase in usage of hypochlorous acid in the food & beverages industry is estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of hypochlorous acid in the near future.
- Hypochlorous acid is used for cleaning food processing equipment and dish washers. It is also employed as food additive in processing poultry products and seafood products.
- Hypochlorous acid is gaining momentum as a potential wound care agent in the pharmaceutical industry. It is a highly effective wound irrigation solution, which is entirely safe for human tissues. It aids in elimination of unpleasant wound odor and removes bacteria from wound surface.
Hypochlorous Acid may form Explosive Gas in Concentrated Form likely to Restrain Market
- Hypochlorous acid is highly dangerous and can form explosive gas if used in concentrated form. This is anticipated to restrain the market during the forecast period.
- When exposed to air, it disintegrates and causes nausea, abdomen pain, etc. If released in water bodies, hypochlorous acid may harm aquatic animals, thereby adversely affecting biodiversity. These factors are estimated to restrain the demand for hypochlorous acid during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Hypochlorous Acid Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Leading Share in the Global Hypochlorous Acid Market
- In terms of region, the demand for hypochlorous acid can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific dominated the global hypochlorous acid market in 2018. Developing economies such as China, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia are the leading consumers of hypochlorous acid in Asia Pacific.
- Rapid industrialization and increase in demand for sodium hypochlorite in chemical, agriculture, and pharmaceutical industries are anticipated to fuel the hypochlorous acid market during the forecast period.
- Demand for hypochlorous acid in countries in Europe such as Germany, France, and the U.K. is projected to increase during the forecast period primarily due to the rise in demand for sodium and calcium hypochlorite in the food & beverages industry in the region.
- The U.S. is the leading consumer of hypochlorous acid in North America. Increase in demand for hypochlorous acid in industrial applications such as cooling water treatment is propelling the market in the U.S.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are highly dependent on hypochlorous acid import. This is likely to hamper the sales of hypochlorous acid in these regions. However, production capacity expansion by various manufacturers in Brazil, Mexico, and GCC is expected to augment the demand for hypochlorous acid in Latin America and Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Key Players in Hypochlorous Acid Market:
New product launches and mergers & acquisitions are the key strategies adopted by top players operating in the market. For instance, in 2018, URGO Medical, a leading player in wound care products, entered into an asset purchasing agreement with REALM Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company based in the U.S. REALM Therapeutics engages in research activities to discover new hypochlorous acid based treatments for atopic dermatitis and allergic conjunctivitis. This acquisition is expected to help URGO Medical become the leading player in advanced wound care business across the globe.
Key players operating in the global hypochlorous acid market include
- Lenntech B.V.
- BASF SE
- Arkema S.A.
- Inovyn Chlorvinyls Limited
- Olin Corporation
- Nouryon (Previously under Akzo Nobel N.V.’s coating division)
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation
- Kuehne Company
- AGC Chemicals
- Surpass Chemical Company, Inc.
- Westlake Chemical Corporation
- Clorox Company
- Tianjin Ruifuxin Chemical
- Tosoh Corporation
- Aditya Birla Chemicals
- Aqualution Systems Ltd
- Ultrapure HOCL (Pty) Ltd
Global Hypochlorous Acid Market: Research Scope
Global Hypochlorous Acid Market, by Product Type
- Sodium hypochlorite
- Calcium hypochlorite
Global Hypochlorous Acid Market, by Applications
- Sanitizing Agent
- Oxidizing Agent
Global Hypochlorous Acid Market, by End-user
- Water Treatment
- Wound Management
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Care
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.