Hydroxyurea Market: Introduction
- Hydroxyurea is an antimetabolite used to manage sickle cell anemia. Hydroxyurea is an antineoplastic agent that prevents DNA synthesis through inhibition of ribonucleoside diphosphate reductase.
- Hydroxyurea is used with other medications or radiation therapy to treat certain types of chronic myelogenous leukemia, a type of cancer of white blood cells. It is also used in certain types of head and neck cancer. In some cases, hydroxyurea is used to treat polycythemia (blood disease for red blood cells).
- Hydroxyurea reduces the incidence of painful crises and the need of blood transfusions in adults and children who are 2 years of age and older with sickle cell anemia
Global Hydroxyurea Market: Key Trends
- Increase in research & development on leukemia treatment by major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies across the world is projected to drive the global hydroxurea market during the forecast period
- Companies operating in the hydroxyurea market focus on various strategies to retain their positions in the highly competitive landscape of this market. Partnership, mergers & acquisitions, collaboration, and research activities are the strategies adopted by industry leaders in the global hydroxyurea market. Rise in prevalence of chronic lymphocytic leukemia is another factor driving the global market.
- Increase in incidence of sickle cell anemia among newborns is likely to augment the global hydroxyurea market during the forecast period. According to journal PLOS medicine, an estimated 400,000 babies will be born with sickle cell anemia every year, which is likely to increase by about 30% globally by 2050.
Global Hydroxyurea Market Segmentation
- In terms of route of administration, the global hydroxyurea market has been bifurcated into oral and intravenous. The oral segment accounted for the largest market share in 2020 because it is a convenient route of administration.
- Based on application, the global hydroxyurea market has been classified into chronic myelogenous leukemia, myeloproliferative disease, sickle cell anemia, and others. The sickle cell anemia segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period, as hydroxyurea is largely used in the treatment of sickle cell anemia.
Asia Pacific to Capture Major Share of Global Hydroxyurea Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of blood disorders. Moreover, increase in the number of newborns with sickle cell anemia in India is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- China, India, and other developing countries account for major share of active pharmaceutical ingredient production for drug manufacturing. This is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Hydroxyurea Market
Major players operating in the global hydroxyurea market are listed below:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Qilu Tianhe Pharmaceutical
- Tiefenbacher API
- JPN Pharma
- DSM Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Fermenta Biotech Limited
- Guangzhou Tosun Pharmaceutical
Global Hydroxyurea Market: Research Scope
Global Hydroxyurea Market, by Route of Administration
Global Hydroxyurea Market, by Application
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disease
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Global Hydroxyurea Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.