Hydroxylammonium Sulfate Market: Overview
- Hydroxylammonium sulfate ((NH3OH)2 SO4) is the sulfuric acid salt of hydroxylamine. It is primarily utilized as an easily handled form of hydroxylamine instead of pure hydroxylamine, which is highly combustible.
- It is also used in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, plastics, rubber, anti-skinning agents, textiles, and detergents. Hydroxylammonium sulfate acts as an antioxidant in natural rubber and terminates radical polymerization reactions.
- Hydroxylammonium sulfate is used as a starting material to manufacture herbicides, insecticides, and growth regulators. It is employed in photography for color developer’s stabilizer as well as an additive in photographic emulsions in color film. It is also utilized to produce hydroxylamine-O-sulfonic acid from chlorosulfuric or oleum acid.
Rise in Demand for Agrochemials to Drive the Hydroxylammonium Sulfate market
- Rise in demand for rubbers, pharmaceuticals, and agrochemicals is driving the hydroxylammonium sulfate market during forecast period
- Significant increase in application of hydroxylammonium sulfate in manufacturing germicides, herbicides, and insecticides across Asia Pacific and Europe is projected to drive the consumption of hydroxylammonium sulfate during the forecast period
- Rise in applications in the pharmaceutical industry also boosts the hydroxylammonium sulfate market during the forecast period
- Availability of low-cost substitutes is a major factor restraining the hydroxylammonium sulfate market. Volatility in price of raw materials due to lack of availability of proper resources further restricts the market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has put significant obstacles on the chemical production sector, primarily by disrupting the supply chain and logistics. Disrupted raw material supply is projected to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage has also fueled the prices of raw material. Industrial shutdowns have also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Market players are looking to realign their tactical and strategic moves to circumvent these issues.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hydroxylammonium Sulfate Market
Chemical Grade Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global hydroxylammonium sulfate market can be segmented into pharmaceutical grade and chemical grade
- The chemical grade segment is anticipated to dominate the market due to an increase in the demand for hydroxylammonium sulfate as a chemical intermediates across various end-use industries
Pharmaceutical Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the hydroxylammonium sulfate market can be divided into rubber, plastics, chemical intermediates, textile, agrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, detergents and others
- The pharmaceutical segment is expected to offer significant opportunities for the hydroxylammonium sulfate market during the forecast period
- Rise in demand for rubbers, plastics, and agrochemicals is expected to further drive the demand for hydroxylammonium sulfate during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Hydroxylammonium Sulfate Market
- In terms of region, the global hydroxylammonium sulfate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, due to the presence of key manufacturers as well as expansion of trade activities in China.
- Expansion of end-use industries in Asia Pacific, particularly in India and China, is likely to boost the hydroxylammonium sulfate market in the region
- North America is also anticipated to hold a key share of the global hydroxylammonium sulfate market during the forecast period
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period. Additionally, the presence of a large number of rubber, pharmaceutical, and detergent manufacturers in Germany, France, and other countries drives the demand for hydroxylammonium sulfate in the region. However, stringent safety laws in Europe are restraining the production of hydroxylammonium sulfate in the region.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players in Market
The global hydroxylammonium sulfate was fragmented in 2019. Manufacturers are focusing on revenue streams from the laboratory consumption of the compound for life sciences industries and agrochemical industries. Several prominent players in the hydroxylammonium sulfate market are focusing on expansion of their production facilities in emerging economies to consolidate their presence in the global market.
Key players operating in the global hydroxylammonium sulfate market include:
- BASF SE
- TCI Chemicals
- BOC Sciences
- MP Biomedicals
- Capot Chemical
- Ube Industries, Ltd.
- Jiangshan Taige Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Linshu Huasheng Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Xinghui Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Ecoway Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hubei Xian Lin Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Zibo Xinglu Chemical Factory
- Suzhou Wugan Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Hydroxylammonium Sulfate Market: Research Scope
Global Hydroxylammonium Sulfate Market, by Type
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Chemical Grade
Global Hydroxylammonium Sulfate Market, by Application
- Chemical Intermediates
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!