Hydrophobic Coating Market: Future Technology of Silica Nanoparticles
- Hydrophobic coating is primarily applied on metals, plastics, fabrics, glass, textiles, and other surfaces to offer protection from water, dirt, and moisture. It is a thin layer of water repellent substrate or water repellant coating.
- Hydrophobic coating, a water repellent coating, is largely based on silica and glass substrate employed from the dip coating process. Water repellent coatings are oxides and polymer-based composition of silica nanoparticles.
- Hydrophobic coating is extensively used in the automotive industry due to the excellent water and dust repelling properties. The hydrophobic coating market in India and other emerging countries is estimated to expand at a CAGR of more than 10% for the automotive industry in the next few years.
- Buildings are prone to cracks, capillaries, and micro-cracks in changing weather conditions. These critical areas of buildings need to be protected against water, moisture, and harmful gases. This is expected to fuel the hydrophobic coating market during the forecast period.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Hydrophobic Coating Market? Ask for the report brochure here
High Compatibility with Metal, Plastics, Glass, and Textiles
- Hydrophobic coating does not allow water to enter through the coated surface layer. Its superior repellent properties in the building & construction end-use industry is estimated to boost the demand for hydrophobic coatings during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for automotive windows and electronic displays is also driving the global hydrophobic coating market. Electronic gadgets need to be protected against water, chemicals, and moisture to prevent short circuiting or damages. This is likely to propel the hydrophobic market in the next few years.
- Improvement in medical and health care infrastructure across the globe is also a major factor projected to augment the demand for water repellent coating, including hydrophobic coating, in the next few years
- Hydrophobic coating is compatible with other metals such as tin, aluminum, titanium, copper, gold, and silver. Most of the key metals are extensively adopted in the medical and health care sector. This is expected to propel the hydrophobic coatings market.
Automotive & Aerospace Segment to Boost Hydrophobic Coating Market Value
- Rise in demand for water repellent coatings in several end-use industries due to their excellent protection characteristics is fuelling the hydrophobic coating market. Hydrophobic coating is synthesized from various materials such as polysiloxanes, fluoroalkyl silanes, and fluoropolymers. Silicone coating is widely used for coating formulations in the coating industry.
- Hydrophobic coating is also composed of solvents, ethanol, silica solution, and acidic silica solutions. These combinations provide protection against water and moisture to interior walls, paintings, and electronic devices.
- The global hydrophobic coating market encompasses large numbers of end-use industries such as automotive, aerospace, marine, textile, medical, and building & construction. However, automotive and aerospace segments are projected to account for key share of the global hydrophobic coating market in the near future.
- Hydrophobic coatings provide anti-microbial, anti-fouling, and anti-corrosion advantages to surfaces. These coatings are applied on various surfaces such as metal, glass, painted surfaces, fabrics, and electronic devices. Growth in health care infrastructure in various countries is projected to fuel the demand for hydrophobic coating in the next few years.
Easy Availability of Alternatives and High Capital May Hamper Market
- Stringent regulations on the release of VOC and fluorocarbon in the open atmosphere in several countries may hamper the hydrophobic coating market in the next few years
- Limited durability of hydrophobic coatings, especially in harsh and extreme environmental conditions, is also estimated to adversely affect the market in the next few years
- Hydrophobic coating requires high capital investment for production facility and infrastructure. This may act as a key entry barrier for companies, thereby negatively impacting the demand for hydrophobic coatings in the near future.
- Easy availability of alternative coatings and options to replace hard wax with other material is a primary factor anticipated to hamper the hydrophobic coating market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Hydrophobic Coating Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Account for Large Share of Global Hydrophobic Coating Market
- Increase in population and growth in infrastructure development in emerging countries are estimated to boost the global hydrophobic coating market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global hydrophobic coating market during the forecast period. The large potential of automotive, medical, and construction industries is expected to fuel the market in the region. Demand for hydrophobic coating is anticipated to rise significantly in China owing to the improved development and construction activities in the country.
- Rise in GDP of emerging countries in Asia Pacific such as India, South Korea, and Thailand is estimated to boost the demand for hydrophobic coating in the region during the forecast period. Excellent economic conditions and competitive prices of raw materials are projected to augment the hydrophobic coating market in Asia Pacific.
- After Asia Pacific, North America and Europe are likely to hold key share of the global hydrophobic coating market. Demand for hydrophobic coating is estimated to rise in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to the improvement in economic conditions and infrastructure improvement in these regions.
Key Players in Market
Large numbers of local and global manufacturers operate in the hydrophobic coating market. Prominent players functioning in the hydrophobic coating market include:
- BASF SE
- Aulon Inc
- 3M Company
- AkzoNobel N.V.
Global Hydrophobic Coating Market: Research Scope
Global Hydrophobic Coating Market, by Material
- Fluoro-Alkyl Silanes
- Others (Titanium Dioxide)
Global Hydrophobic Coating Market, by End-use
- Electronics & Optical
- Textile & Leather
- Medical & Health Care
- Building & Construction
- Others (Marine and Oil & Gas)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.