Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market - Introduction
- Hydrographic survey equipment is used to record physical features of coastal areas, oceans, streams, seas, and lakes. The key objective of this survey is to ensure the safety of maritime navigation.
- Hydrographic surveys are sometimes employed interchangeably with maritime cartography; however, maritime cartography is the final stage, translating raw data into hydrographic surveys to collect some useful information
- The value of hydrographic surveys varies according to the authority that approves them. This survey tests the depth and analyzes the distance from the coast between survey ships.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market
- Technological innovations and product enhancement, increasing demand for offshore oil, oil and gas exploration are key factors that drive the market. In future, the oil and gas sector would need precise positioning systems, high-resolution sounds and acoustic equipment.
- Cost and time inefficiency are key constraints on the hydrographic equipment market
- The global hydrographic survey equipment market is driven by offshore industries such as oil & gas. Construction of offshore marine infrastructure fields such as bridges, effluent disposal systems, and ports for various industries and coastal thermal power plants, where seawater is used as a coolant, are other factors that fuel the market.
- Advanced techniques, such as modularization, and standardization are projected to lead to completion of work on time and lower costs, which is a major factor that is estimated to boost the global hydrographic survey equipment market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Hydrographic Chartings Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on application, the global hydrographic survey equipment market can be segmented into port and harbor management, hydrographic charting, coastal engineering, and offshore oil and gas.
- Nautical and hydrographic maps ensure secure navigation. This is becoming increasingly essential owing to rise in commercial shipping, recreational boating, as well as fishing activities.
- Port management involves supervision of the shipping industry's various components for efficient and organized operations. Ports include warehouses, vessels, and freight and loading docks. Echo sounding is another new hydrographic technology, which uses sound pulses to determine the depth of the waters.
- Coastal technology is the study of the coastal processes, such as corrosion, abrasion, hydraulic action and shore-based constructions. It also includes civil engineering, oceanography, marine geology elements, mostly aimed at providing access to navigation.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market
- In terms of region, the global hydrographic survey equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Demand for hydrographic survey equipment is estimated to be significantly high in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027 due to technological advancements and development and management of the coastal zones in the region
- Moreover, rise in maritime trade among developing countries such as India and China also boosts the global hydrographic survey equipment market
- The market in North America is also projected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period owing to the expansion of the oil & gas industry in the region. Pipeline route survey application is majorly used in North America and Europe due to the developed oil and gas exploration in these regions.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in hydrographic survey equipment market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global hydrographic survey equipment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Innomar Technologie GmbH
- Thales Group
- Seafloor Systems Inc.
- Atlas Electronik GmbH
- Nikon-Trimble Co., Ltd.
- Moog Inc.
- Faro Technologies, Inc.
- Topcon Corporation
- Trimble Navigation Limited
- Kongberg Gruppen ASA
- Hexagon AB
- Raytheon Company
- Teledyne Technologies, Inc.
Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market, by Type
- Sensing Systems
- Positioning Systems
- Water level league
- Unmanned Vehicles
Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market, by Depth
- Shallow Water
- Deep Water
Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market, by Application
- Hydrographic charting
- Offshore oil and gas
- Port and harbor management
- Coastal engineering
Global Hydrographic Survey Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.