Hydrogen Bromide Market: Introduction
- Hydrogen bromide is a colorless compound. It is a hydrogen halide due to existing diatomic hydrogen compound boding with bromine. Hydrogen bromide is produced by combining hydrogen and bromine at 2000 C temperature. Hydrogen bromide is a water soluble gas, which exits in the aqueous solution form. The anhydrous and aqueous solution of hydrogen bromide is used in the production of several gases, including bromide compounds.
- Hydrogen bromide is widely used as a catalyst as well as a reducing agent in a number of organic and inorganic chemical reactions. It is widely used in the preparation of different industrial gases. Hydrogen bromide is an essential regent for the synthesis of inorganic and organic bromide compound. It is highly used with the combination of hydrogen chloride for the plasma etching application of poly-silicon and in other etching processes.
- There has been a high demand for hydrogen bromide due to significant growth of the electronics industry. Hydrogen bromide finds vital application in semiconductor, printed circuit board, and microchips. It is also used in the other industries such as construction, automotive, water treatment, oil & gas, and pharmaceutical.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Hydrogen Bromide Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Hydrogen Bromide Market
- Rise in demand for plasma etching process, especially in the electronics industry for use in semiconductor applications is anticipated to fuel the demand for hydrogen bromide in the near future. Hydrogen Bromide has key application of plasma etching, which is essential for enhancing the properties of semiconductors.
- Hydrogen bromide is also used in the flow battery application, owing to its reliable source for large-scale energy storage properties. It is used for energy storage due to its fast kinetics and capability to perform highly reversible reactions. This factor is projected to boost the demand for hydrogen bromide during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for high power batteries to fulfill energy requirements is a key factor projected to drive the hydrogen bromide market during the forecast period. Power & energy applications such wind power, solar power, and other renewable resources are likely to fuel the growth of the hydrogen bromide market in the near future.
Electronics End-use Industry Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Hydrogen bromide is used in etching process of poly-silicon wafers, which is used to manufacture chips in the semiconductor industry. In addition, it also finds application in the production of several circuit boards across the industry. This factor is likely to drive the hydrogen bromide market.
- The pharmaceutical industry uses hydrogen bromide in specific chemical content of medicines. Rise in demand for effective therapeutics across the globe is projected to propel the demand for hydrogen bromide during the forecast period.
Poisonous Nature of Hydrogen Bromide to Hamper Market
- Hydrogen bromide has pungent odor. The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations under the purview of 49 CFR 173.115 has declared hydrogen bromide as a poisonous gas. Regulations also suggested following safety measures by companies supplying and dealing with the compound. This may hamper expansion of the hydrogen bromide market during the forecast period.
- Hydrogen bromide can cause eye irritation and breathing problems. This may cause adverse effects on the human body after prolonged exposure of the hydrogen bromide gas. It is highly corrosive in nature and heavier than air. These are key restraining factors for the hydrogen bromide market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Hydrogen Bromide Market here
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Hydrogen Bromide Market
- In terms of region, the hydrogen bromide market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the leading consumer of hydrogen bromide, followed by North America and Europe. Rise in demand for electronic chips in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to create high demand for hydrogen bromide during the forecast period.
- Demand for advanced semiconductors in the electronics industry of developing economies of the Asia Pacific region, such as China, India, and Indonesia, is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the producers of hydrogen bromide operating in the region
- Expansion of pharmaceutical industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is anticipated to fuel the growth of the hydrogen bromide market in the region during the forecast period. Moreover, rise in demand for reducing agent for use in industrial applications, such as organic and inorganic reactions is estimated to drive the hydrogen bromide market in North America and Europe.
- Import of hydrogen bromide in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to boost its demand in both the regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global hydrogen bromide market has presence of several major and domestic hydrogen bromide producing companies with operations worldwide. Some of the key players operating in the hydrogen bromide market include:
- Praxair, Inc.
- LANXESS Group
- Showa Denko
- Albemarle Corporation
- Neogen Chemical Limited
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Sontara Organo Industries.
Global Hydrogen Bromide Market: Research Scope
Global Hydrogen Bromide Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Others (Water treatment)
Global Hydrogen Bromide Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.