Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market (Application: Automotive [Passenger Vehicle, Light Duty Vehicle, Medium & Heavy Duty Trucks, and Buses & Coaches], Agriculture [Tractors and Agriculture Equipment), Construction & Machinery [Excavators, Loaders, Dumpers, Bulldozers, Motor Grader, Road Rollers, Mixer Trucks, Crushers, Underground Mining Equipment, and Others/ Concrete Equipment], Stationary Engines [Utilities/ Power Supplies, Healthcare, Commercial, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Telecommunications and Data Centers], and Rolling Stock Diesel Engine) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Noteworthy Advantages to Mechanical Adjusters to Draw Attention of OEMs
The automotive sector has evolved at a rapid pace over the past few years, due to evolving consumer landscape, technological advancements, and regulatory changes. Current technologies pertaining to the automotive sector primarily focus on waste reduction, environment protection, sustainability, and cost optimization in terms of production or manufacturing. Furthermore, to achieve these goals, OEMs are increasingly investing more resources toward research and development and the production of improved automotive components to gain a competitive edge. In addition, as the automotive sector is gradually shifting toward the electric vehicle space, innovations are on the rise.
The hydraulic lash adjuster market is expected to leverage booming sales of hybrid and full-electric vehicles and the growing demand for engine modification. Due to the various benefits of hydraulic lash adjusters, including ensuring precise valve seating, engine optimization, and fuel management, the demand for hydraulic lash adjusters is increasing. The significant rise in the demand for automotive vehicles, mainly in developing regions, including Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to bolster the growth of the global hydraulic lash adjuster market during the forecast period.
The rise in the number of construction projects across the world, growth of the agriculture sector worldwide, and noteworthy strides taken by electric vehicle technologies are some of the major factors expected to fuel the expansion of the global hydraulic lash adjuster market. In addition, several major to upcoming market players operating in the current hydraulic lash adjuster market landscape are increasingly focusing on expanding their product portfolio to gain a competitive edge. At the back of these factors, the global hydraulic lash adjuster market is expected to surpass the US$ 5 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
Consistent Demand from Automotive Sector to Drive Market Growth
The automotive sector is projected to remain the major end-use industry of hydraulic lash adjusters throughout the forecast period. In addition, OEMs are increasingly opting for hydraulic lash adjusters, as assembly costs are drastically reduced, freedom offered during SCR packaging, and availability of more space for engine design– factors that are expected to bolster the demand for hydraulic lash adjusters during the forecast period. Hydraulic lash adjusters are extensively used in a range of diesel engines used in heavy duty trucks, medium duty trucks, buses & coaches, agriculture vehicles, vocational vehicles, etc.
Market players are increasingly focusing on product design and pricing strategies to gain an edge in the current market landscape for hydraulic lash adjusters. The construction sector has emerged as an important end-use sector for the manufacturers operating in the current hydraulic lash adjuster market. Players operating in the construction equipment manufacturing space are increasingly focusing on reducing manufacturing cost of machinery due to which, the assembly of machinery equipment has gained considerable spotlight– a factor that is likely to increase the demand for hydraulic lash adjusters during the forecast period. The adoption of hydraulic lash adjusters across the construction sector is anticipated to grow over the upcoming years, as the demand for reliable, safe, and fuel-efficient construction vehicles continues to grow.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
COVID-19 Pandemic to Impact Demand for Hydraulic Lash Adjusters
The outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to stall the growth of the global hydraulic lash adjuster market. The significant decline in the demand for automotive vehicles, delays in the completion of construction projects, low demand for hydraulic lash adjusters from other end-use sectors are expected to severely impact the growth of the global hydraulic lash adjuster market in 2020 and potentially the first quarter of 2021. Stringent lockdown restrictions in several regions of the world and barriers imposed on cross-border trade and domestic transportation in the second quarter have disrupted the supply chain across the global hydraulic lash adjuster market due to which, market growth is expected to remain sluggish in 2020.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
The global hydraulic lash adjuster market is expected to expand at a sluggish CAGR of ~1% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to booming automotive sector in developing regions of the world, considerable demand for electric vehicles worldwide, low assembly costs for OEMs, and high SCR packaging freedom offered by hydraulic lash adjusters. Market players should focus on product innovation and expand their product portfolio to gain a competitive edge in the current market landscape. In addition, market players should focus on tapping into opportunities across the Asia Pacific region wherein the automotive sector has exhibited an impressive growth rate.
Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market: Overview
- The hydraulic lash adjuster market is estimated to expand at a rate of ~1% during the forecast period, owing to steady expansion of the automotive industry
- Economic developments across the globe and increase in import and export trends among various nations are expected to boost the disposable income of the population and consequently, fuel buying power. Rise in buying power indicates a rise in living standard of the population. This, in turn, fuels the trends toward owning a personal vehicle among the population, leading to an increase in sale of vehicles and consequently, boosts the global hydraulic lash adjuster market.
Drivers of Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
- Demand for automobiles coupled with the expansion of automotive industry is a key driver of the hydraulic lash adjuster market. Major OEM players are focused on the decline of manufacturing and assembly costs. Adoption of hydraulic lash adjusters enables OEMs to reduce their assembly costs and therefore, preference toward hydraulic lash adjusters is increasing as compared to their counterparts‒mechanical tappets.
- Increasing trend toward engine modification is projected to further boost the hydraulic lash adjuster market during the forecast period. Fitting of hydraulic lash adjuster significantly improves the noise vibration harness (NVH) performance of the engine.
- The hydraulic lash adjuster is placed between the camshaft and each valve of an engine. The primary function of a hydraulic lash adjuster is to maintain zero valve tolerance in an engine. However, in case of mechanical hydraulic lash adjusters, operational cost and maintenance cost are higher as compared to hydraulic lash adjuster. Rising consumer awareness and demand for lower maintenance cost is estimated to boost the hydraulic lash adjuster market during the forecast period.
Challenges of Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
- Hydraulic lash adjusters are fitted between camshaft and valve of the engine. They operate in combination with the rocker arm assembly. Hydraulic lash adjusters require more complex and expensive cylinder head design in order to reduce the clearance between valve opening and the corresponding hydraulic lash adjuster. Additionally, skilled labor is required to design and manufacture the desired hydraulic lash adjuster. This, in turn, prompts numerous auto-component manufacturers to prefer solid valve lifters, owing to lower design and production cost rather than hydraulic tappets. Additionally, the complexity in terms of maintenance, owing to complex engine structure, increases the maintenance cost. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the global hydraulic lash adjuster market.
Opportunities in Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
- The design of hydraulic lash adjuster includes a check valve, which is normally closed by a spring. The spring-loaded check valve is already closed before a compressive load is applied to the plunger. At a low temperature, the viscosity of oil in the hydraulic lash adjuster is high and substantially no oil leaks from the hydraulic pressure chamber through the gap between the plunger and the cylinder. Consequently, any initial stroke that the plunger retracts under a compressive load is extremely small.
- If the camshaft is radially displaced by manufacturing errors of components of the valve operating mechanism during compression and power strokes of the engine, the intake or exhaust valve associated with the hydraulic lash adjuster is caused to remain lifted off the valve seat. When this happens, the engine is not likely to start well at a low temperature. The issue mentioned above can be resolved by increasing the volume of the hydraulic pressure chamber to increase the initial stroke that the plunger would retract under a compressive load. However, increasing the volume of the hydraulic pressure chamber is not desirable for the reason described above and leads to a larger size of the hydraulic lash adjuster. Furthermore, the rigidity of the valve operating mechanism is lowered to cause the intake and exhaust valves to jump or bounce off their valve seats.
Segmentation of Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
- Based on application, the automotive sector held a leading share of the global hydraulic lash adjuster market in 2019. China, India, and Japan are key manufacturing countries for lash adjusters and engines. Agriculture, marine, and rolling stock engines segments are likely to witness relatively higher demand, owing to low transition rate to electrification. Europe is the leader in the adoption of electric technologies, and thus market for hydraulic lash adjuster is anticipated to contract in the near future.
Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global hydraulic lash adjuster market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a prominent market for hydraulic lash adjusters, as the region produces significantly high number of vehicles and considerably high consumption as compared to that of other regions across the globe. Emergence of COVID-19 from China significantly hampered the market in Asia Pacific and China; however, the market has already started to recover in several countries. The market is expected to recover from the losses caused due to the coronavirus pandemic and is projected to expand at a rapid pace over the next few years, owing to rapid expansion of global end-use industries.
- Asia Pacific comprises two prominent developing nations, China and India, which have a large consumer base and are major markets for industrial and automotive engines
- Key developing nations in the region, such as China and India, manufacture a large number of products to export to the Middle East and Europe, which further boosts the manufacturing sector in Asia Pacific
Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market: Competition Landscape
- Prominent players operating in the global hydraulic lash adjuster market include
- AC Delco
- Aichi Quality
- AmTech International
- ASPICE ENGINEERING
- BLE products
- Burges-Norton Mfg.Co. Inc.
- Decora Auto Forge Pvt. Ltd.
- Endyn Ltd.
- Johnson Lifters LLC
- Melling, Nittan Valve Co., Ltd.
- Rane Group
- Trick Flow
Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the hydraulic lash adjuster market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the hydraulic lash adjuster market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year and 2019?2030 is the forecast year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the hydraulic lash adjuster market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the hydraulic lash adjuster market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market
- How much value will the hydraulic lash adjuster market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2030?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall hydraulic lash adjuster market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the hydraulic lash adjuster market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the hydraulic lash adjuster market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the hydraulic lash adjuster market?
This report answers these questions and more about the hydraulic lash adjuster market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the hydraulic lash adjuster market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the hydraulic lash adjuster market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the hydraulic lash adjuster market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the hydraulic lash adjuster market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the hydraulic lash adjuster market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the hydraulic lash adjuster market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Hydraulic Lash Adjuster Market – Segmentation
This report on the hydraulic lash adjuster market provides information on the basis of application and region.
This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the hydraulic lash adjuster market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, and a SWOT analysis of the hydraulic lash adjuster market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.