Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market: Introduction
- Hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking processes, is used in an oil and gas well formation. It involves introducing sand, water, and chemicals additives below high pressure to crack the formations.
- Hydraulic fracturing process creates fractures in rock and enlarges the size and connectivity of present fractures. It is a commonly used technique in less-penetrable rocks such as shale, tight sandstone, and coal beds. The process helps increase oil or gas flow to a well from gas or petroleum bearing rocks.
- Hydraulic fracturing materials include Proppants, which are granular materials such as sand and ceramic mixed with water and other fluids in hydraulic fracture treatments
- These materials help hold fractures open and allow the gas/oil to escape to the wellbore. These materials are selected according to the strength required to hold the fractures open.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Rise in Demand for Oil and Gas to Drive Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market
- Increase in demand for primary energy in various applications such as power generation, household activities, and transportation is driving the consumption of oil & gas across the globe
- Leading oil & gas producing companies are witnessing drop in production due to exhausting reserves. This has expanded the gap between demand and supply. Companies are exploring unconventional oil & gas fields. Unconventional extraction entails hydraulic fracturing techniques.
- Rise in FDI investment and increase in government initiatives for oil & gas exploration in countries in Asia Pacific such as China and India are expected to boost the global hydraulic fracturing materials market. However, high capital investment and adverse environmental effects may hamper the hydraulic fracturing market.
Proppants Segment of Offer Significant Opportunities
- Based on material, the global hydraulic fracturing materials market can be segmented into proppants and others
- Proppants constitutes major share of the global hydraulic fracturing materials market. Proppants can be sub-segmented into ceramic, sand, and resin coated sand. Raw sand is majorly used proppant due to its low cost and easy availability. Resin coated sand is anticipated to lead the proppants segment due its cost advantages and better performance.
- Ceramic is used to enhance fracture conductivity in hydraulic fracturing. Leading manufacturers are conducting research to develop new proppant products to enhance production flow.
Natural Gas Exploration Applications to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the global hydraulic fracturing materials market can be divided into oil exploration, natural gas exploration, and others
- Rise in demand for natural gas in various end-use industries due to its fuel efficiency is a key factor driving the hydraulic fracturing materials market during the forecast period. According to a report published by the International Energy Agency (IEA), natural gas production is estimated to rise significantly in the next few years.
- Crude oil production from unconventional resources is rising due to the increase in number of maturity fields and aging brown fields. Growth in government support to explore unconventional natural gas in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe is expected to drive the global hydraulic fracturing materials market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global hydraulic fracturing materials market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global hydraulic fracturing materials market during the forecast period. The U.S. accounted for major share of the market in the region in 2018.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The region has large number of natural gas and shale gas reservoirs. Increase in natural gas exploration and rise in government support are boosting the market.
Key Players in Market
The global hydraulic fracturing materials market is fragmented, with the presence of several regional and global players. Prominent players operating in the market seek to enter into partnerships to increase their market share.
Key players operating in the hydraulic fracturing materials market include:
- U.S. Silica
- Saint-Gobain Proppant Inc.
- Hexion Inc.
- Carbo Ceramics
- Oxane Materials
- Fairmount Minerals
- Fairmount Santrol
- Hi-Crush Partners LP
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market, by Material
- Raw Sand
- Resin Coated Sand
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market, by Application
- Oil Exploration
- Natural Gas Exploration
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.