Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market: Introduction
- Hydraulic fracturing, also known as fracking processes, is used in an oil and gas well formation. It involves introducing sand, water, and chemicals additives below high pressure to crack the formations.
- Hydraulic fracturing process creates fractures in rock and enlarges the size and connectivity of present fractures. It is a commonly used technique in less-penetrable rocks such as shale, tight sandstone, and coal beds. The process helps increase oil or gas flow to a well from gas or petroleum bearing rocks.
- Hydraulic fracturing materials include Proppants, which are granular materials such as sand and ceramic mixed with water and other fluids in hydraulic fracture treatments
- These materials help hold fractures open and allow the gas/oil to escape to the wellbore. These materials are selected according to the strength required to hold the fractures open.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Rise in Demand for Oil and Gas to Drive Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market
- Increase in demand for primary energy in various applications such as power generation, household activities, and transportation is driving the consumption of oil & gas across the globe
- Leading oil & gas producing companies are witnessing drop in production due to exhausting reserves. This has expanded the gap between demand and supply. Companies are exploring unconventional oil & gas fields. Unconventional extraction entails hydraulic fracturing techniques.
- Rise in FDI investment and increase in government initiatives for oil & gas exploration in countries in Asia Pacific such as China and India are expected to boost the global hydraulic fracturing materials market. However, high capital investment and adverse environmental effects may hamper the hydraulic fracturing market.
Proppants Segment of Offer Significant Opportunities
- Based on material, the global hydraulic fracturing materials market can be segmented into proppants and others
- Proppants constitutes major share of the global hydraulic fracturing materials market. Proppants can be sub-segmented into ceramic, sand, and resin coated sand. Raw sand is majorly used proppant due to its low cost and easy availability. Resin coated sand is anticipated to lead the proppants segment due its cost advantages and better performance.
- Ceramic is used to enhance fracture conductivity in hydraulic fracturing. Leading manufacturers are conducting research to develop new proppant products to enhance production flow.
Natural Gas Exploration Applications to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on application, the global hydraulic fracturing materials market can be divided into oil exploration, natural gas exploration, and others
- Rise in demand for natural gas in various end-use industries due to its fuel efficiency is a key factor driving the hydraulic fracturing materials market during the forecast period. According to a report published by the International Energy Agency (IEA), natural gas production is estimated to rise significantly in the next few years.
- Crude oil production from unconventional resources is rising due to the increase in number of maturity fields and aging brown fields. Growth in government support to explore unconventional natural gas in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe is expected to drive the global hydraulic fracturing materials market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global hydraulic fracturing materials market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global hydraulic fracturing materials market during the forecast period. The U.S. accounted for major share of the market in the region in 2018.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The region has large number of natural gas and shale gas reservoirs. Increase in natural gas exploration and rise in government support are boosting the market.
Key Players in Market
The global hydraulic fracturing materials market is fragmented, with the presence of several regional and global players. Prominent players operating in the market seek to enter into partnerships to increase their market share.
Key players operating in the hydraulic fracturing materials market include:
- U.S. Silica
- Saint-Gobain Proppant Inc.
- Hexion Inc.
- Carbo Ceramics
- Oxane Materials
- Fairmount Minerals
- Fairmount Santrol
- Hi-Crush Partners LP
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market, by Material
- Raw Sand
- Resin Coated Sand
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market, by Application
- Oil Exploration
- Natural Gas Exploration
Global Hydraulic Fracturing Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.