Hydraulic Components: Introduction
- Hydraulics is a branch of applied science and modern technology that uses chemistry, engineering, and other sciences that involve mechanical properties and the use of liquids. Hydraulic systems use an incompressible fluid, such as water or oil, to transmit forces from one particular location to another within the fluid. Hydraulics is used for the transmission and generation of power with the utilization of pressurized liquids. Hydraulic components are based on concepts such as fluid control circuitry, dam design, pipe flow, pumps, and fluidics.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Hydraulic Components Market
- Investments in infrastructure sector has been increasing significantly, primarily in developing economies such as China and India, due to rapid urbanization and population migration from rural to urban areas. Growth in construction activities is estimated to drive the hydraulic components market. According to a combined study by Oxford Economics and Global Construction Perspective (GCP), the construction industry is expected to reach US$ 15.5 Trn by 2030.
- Technological innovations in hydraulic components with respect to design specifications in order to reduce cost and optimize efficiency are anticipated to augment the adoption of hydraulic components in the next few years
- High capital cost associated with the production of hydraulic components is expected to restrain the global hydraulic components market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Governments of various countries have imposed restrictions on the movement of individuals and economic activities to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, several industries such as oil & gas and construction had to halt their operations temporarily. Disruption in the operation of the industrial sector is adversely affecting the demand for hydraulic components.
Hydraulic Components Market Segmentation
- The global hydraulic components market can be segmented based on product type, end-user, and region
- Based on product type, the global hydraulic components market can be segregated into hydraulic pump, hydraulic motor, valve, cylinder, and others. Hydraulic pumps are used to move or raise fluids. They have a piston moving in a closely-fitting cylinder and forces are exerted on the fluid by motion of the piston. Hydraulic motor is mechanical actuator that converts hydraulic pressure and flow into torque and angular displacement or rotation. Valve is a device that regulates or controls the flow of the fluid for opening, closing, or partially obstructing passageways of fluids flowing. Hydraulic cylinder is a mechanical actuator used to provide unidirectional force through a unidirectional stroke. Hydraulic components are employed in industries such as oil & gas, construction, marine, and aerospace.
- According to the National Fluid Power Association, hydraulic components provide constant force. Hydraulic components can be safely used in chemical plants and mines, as they do not cause sparks. Most aircraft use hydraulics in their braking systems and landing gear.
- Hydraulic components contain highly pressurized fluid. Hydraulic components can cause burns, bruises, or accidental injection of fluid into the body. These are some of the restraints of the hydraulic components market. These components need to be periodically checked for leaks and lubrication, and filters must be changed regularly.
Global Hydraulic Components Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, the global hydraulic components market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global hydraulic components market in 2020. Growth of the market in the region can be ascribed to rapid industrialization and urbanization. Manufacturing and industrial sectors are expanding at a rapid pace in India. This is boosting the hydraulic components market in the country. Growth of the construction sector, rise in sales of construction equipment containing hydraulic components, and increase in investments for developing smart machine tools are anticipated to propel the hydraulic components market in the near future.
- The hydraulic components market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to rise in investment in manufacturing and aerospace industries in countries such as Germany, the U.K., the Netherlands, and France
- North America continues to remain an emerging region of the global market due to the investments made in the manufacturing sector. The U.S. Government plans to refurbish its infrastructure plans. Demand for hydraulic components is rising in the U.S. due to focus on improving energy efficient hydraulics, increase in R&D activities in formulating innovative hydraulic fluids, and advancements in electro-hydraulic automation.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand in the next few years due to the recovery from the economic slowdown. Countries such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar have invested substantially in the hydraulic components market.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Leading companies operating in the global hydraulic components market include:
- Bosch Rexroth
- Daikin Industries
- Eaton Corporation
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- Parker Hannifin
Global Hydraulic Components Market: Research Scope
Global Hydraulic Components Market, by Product Type
- Hydraulic Pump
- Hydraulic Motor
Global Hydraulic Components Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
Global Hydraulic Components Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.