Hybrid Fabric Market: Overview
- The term ‘hybrid fabric’ refers to a fabric that has more than one type of structural fibers in its composition. In a multi-layered laminate, if properties of more than one types of fibers are required, it is possible to fulfill this with two fabrics, each containing the fiber type required.
- Hybrid fabrics are woven from different fibers such as a combination of carbon fibers and aramid yarns in varying proportions. Characteristics of different types of fibers complement one another. Hybrid fabrics offer low areal weight, cost savings, and high impact resistance.
- Hybrid fabrics are primarily differentiated from other fabrics on the basis of special technical functions that require specific performance properties such as high strength and durability and excellent resistance to heat, flames, and chemical agents.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Hybrid Fabric Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Hybrid Fabric Market
- Balance in cost and performance characteristics is a major factor driving the global hybrid fabric market. Rise in the demand for hybrid fabrics in automotive & transportation, sports & recreation, and wind energy industries is expected to boost the global hybrid fabric market in the near future.
- Increase in the demand for hybrid fabrics can be ascribed to the ability of these fabrics to lower the product weight and robustness. Penetration of hybrid fabrics in newer applications and rise in the demand for these fabrics in emerging markets are projected to present lucrative opportunities to the global hybrid fabric market in the near future.
Glass/Carbon Segment to Dominate the Market
- In terms of fiber, the global hybrid fabric market can be segmented into glass/carbon, carbon/UHMWPE, glass/aramid, and carbon/aramid
- Glass/carbon was the leading segment of the global hybrid fabric market in 2018. Glass/carbon hybrid fabrics are widely used in automotive & transportation and wind energy industries. Glass/carbon hybrid fabric is light in weight and it helps lower the weight of vehicles and wind blades.
- Carbon fibers lead to high tensile compressive strength and stiffness. They reduce the density, while glass decreases the cost.
- The low density, high impact resistance and tensile strength of aramid fiber combines with the good compressive and tensile strength of glass, coupled with its lower cost
- High impact resistance and tensile strength of aramid fibers combine with high compressive and tensile strength of carbon. Both fibers have low density but a relatively high cost.
- Based on application, the global hybrid fabric market can be bifurcated into composite and non-composite. The composite segment held a major share of the global hybrid fabric market in 2018. A resin is used as matrix with carbon, glass, natural, and aramid hybrid fabrics in composites.
Glass/Carbon Segment to Dominate the Market
- In terms of end-use industry, the global hybrid fabric market can be divided into automotive & transportation, aerospace & defense, wind energy, sports & leisure, and others
- Hybrid fibers can improve the ductility of sports equipment and components and make them better at absorbing vibrations. Also, hybrid fibers are used in the manufacture of components and equipment used in motorsport, cycling, and sailing so that these equipment do not shatter in an accident and maintain their structural integrity. This can improve the comfort and safety of people using them.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Hybrid Fabric Market here
High Cost and Lack of Awareness to Hamper the Market
- High technology cost associated with the manufacture of hybrid fabrics is estimated to hamper the global hybrid fabric market between 2019 and 2027
- Lack of awareness about hybrid fabrics is anticipated to adversely affect the global hybrid fabric market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific expected to hold a Prominent Share of Global Hybrid Fabric Market
- In terms of region, the global hybrid fabric market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a key share of the global hybrid fabric market in 2018. Rise in the demand for hybrid fabrics in major end-use industries, such as automotive, wind energy, and sports & leisure, is likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period. Rapid growth of the aerospace & energy sector is also estimated to boost the hybrid fabric market in Asia Pacific in the next few years.
- Europe is projected to offer lucrative opportunities to the hybrid fabric market in the near future. A majority of automotive and aerospace component manufacturers in Europe are constantly engaged in product innovations and development of new hybrid fabric products.
- The U.S. is the leading market for hybrid fabrics in North America, due to significant presence of automotive, aerospace & defense, and sports industries in the country. The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period, owing to high investment potential and strong growth of the automotive industry in these regions.
Key Players Operating in the Market
Hybrid fabric market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for a significant share of the market.
In 2018, Exel Composites Plc signed an agreement to acquire Diversified Structural Composites, Inc. (‘DSC’). DSC’s product portfolio consists of carbon-fiber-reinforced and glass-fiber-reinforced composites that are produced particularly for the wind energy industry. Some of the key players operating in the global hybrid fabric market are:
- Royal DSM N.V.
- SGL Carbon
- Hexcel Corporation
- Textum Inc.
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- ISOMATEX SA
- BGF Industries, Inc.
- HACOTECH GmbH
- Arrow Technical Textiles Pvt. Ltd.
Global Hybrid Fabric Market: Research Scope
Global Hybrid Fabric Market, by Fiber
- Carbon/Ultra-high-molecular-weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
Global Hybrid Fabric Market, by Application
Global Hybrid Fabric Market, by End-use Industry
- Automotive & Transportation
- Aerospace & Defense
- Wind Energy
- Sports & Leisure
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.