HVAC Air Duct: Introduction
- The air duct is an essential part of a HVAC system and is used for circulation of air. Air ducts are available in different materials and for various end-use sectors. Sheet metal air duct is widely used for its durability and lack of porosity. The average life of an air duct is around 10 to 15 years, and its efficiency usually reduces after the foresaid period. The market for HVAC air ducts is expected to grow during the forecast period due to the developing construction industry around the world.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global HVAC Air Duct Market
- Globalization has led to an increase in number of companies, industries, and commercial spaces. Rise in population globally has led to growth of the construction sector. Increasing concerns regarding the quality of air and demand for better indoor air quality have led to the adoption of new technologies / methods which helps in maintaining and circulating air. Air ducts are used in buildings to efficiently handle air, and hence, the rise in construction industry will in turn boost the HVAC air duct market during the forecast period.
- Demand for air ducts is expected to increase in various sectors with highest growth rate in travel infrastructure such as airports, and railways stations. The increasing travel trend is apparent by the rising number of passengers. Countries are focusing on developing their travel infrastructure in order to accommodate the growing number of visitors in different parts of the world, which will drive the HVAC air duct market during the forecast period.
- HVAC air ducts faced challenges due to the Covid-19 pandemic as many projects were stalled and postponed. Similarly, the maintenance and replacement of existing air ducts were also difficult due to travel restrictions. Over the forecast period, the air duct market might face threat from ductless systems and the high maintenance cost.
- Companies operating in this market are taking efforts to expand their presence through mergers & acquisitions, expansion of business in new geographies, and by providing apt services. For example, acquisition of Snappy Co, by M&M Manufacturing. The increasing adoption of geothermal heat pumps, IoT incorporation in handling ducting systems, and demand for green buildings is expected to fuel the HVAC air duct market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global HVAC Air Duct Market
- In terms of region, the HVAC air duct market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for dominant share of the HVAC air duct market due to emerging economies and growth of the construction industry. China will have a dominating position despite market slowdown and the market in India will overtake the Japanese market during the forecast period. The UK will be an attractive market in Europe and is set to overtake Germany to be the largest market. In South America, Mexico will open doors for new opportunities. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to grow at a moderate rate due to various global events lined up in the coming years.
Key Players Operating in the Global HVAC Air Duct Market:
- CMS Group of Companies
- Durkeesox Air Dispersion System Co., LTD
- Hennemuth Metal Fabricators
- Imperial Manufacturing Group
- Lindab International
- M&M Manufacturing
- SET Duct Manufacturing, Inc.
- Tin Man Sheet Metal Fabrication, LLC
- V.K. Steel
Global HVAC Air Duct Market: Research Scope
Global HVAC Air Duct Market, by Type
- Sheet Metal Air Ducts
- Fiberglass Air Ducts
- Fiberboard Air Ducts
- Flexible Air Ducts
Global HVAC Air Duct Market, by Applications
- Public / Government Facilities
Global HVAC Air Duct Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America