Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market: Introduction
- Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) testing is a method of determining how closely tissue from a donor matches tissue from a recipient prior to transplantation. Due to an increase in transplant failures, there is a growing need to match the organ transplant feasibility prior to surgery in order to avoid any kind of loss. Hence, the public and private sectors have increased investment in the HLA testing market.
Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market: Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities
- Increase in public-private funding for target research activities, rise in burden of infectious diseases, surge in number of transplant procedures, and technological advancements in the field of transplant diagnostics are projected to drive demand for transplant diagnostic products.
- In terms of end-user, the global human leukocyte antigen testing market can be segmented into independent reference laboratories, hospitals & transplant centers, and research laboratories & academic institutes. The independent reference laboratories segment held major share of the global market in 2020. Rapid modernization and automation of diagnostic laboratories, increase in number of research & development activities outsourced by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to independent reference laboratories, and rise in number of organ transplantation procedures contribute to the segment's large market share.
- According to the U.S. Department of Health Services, majority of patients in need of a transplant were aged over 50 or over 64. It is caused by the organs' natural tendency to stop functioning normally after a sedentary lifestyle, as well as other cardiovascular diseases such as diabetes. Moreover, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) projects a surge in the geriatric population in the next few years. According to the CDC, young adults and those above 65+ will break even by 2034 and there would be a ready demand for better and advanced technology to assist them during transplants and other ailments.
- Moreover, awareness about organ donation and transplantation across the developing countries and emerging technologies boost the growth of the global HLA testing market.
- High cost of molecular tests used in HLA testing procedures is a major restraint of the global HLA testing. Additionally, large gap between the number of organ donors and the number of organs required each year is expected to hamper market growth.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market
- North America is a well-established medical device market. Presence of a well-developed healthcare system, high adoption of innovative transplant diagnostic technologies (including HLA typing) among medical professionals, large number of organ transplantation procedures performed in the region, and technological advancements in the field of transplant diagnostics drive the market in North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years. The region's economies are strengthening, which has led to increase in investment in the healthcare sector. Increase in the global population is projected to drive demand for efficient healthcare facilities. Moreover, large patient pool is another factor propelling the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) testing market in Asia Pacific.
Major players operating in the global human leukocyte antigen (HLA) testing market are listed below:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- CareDx, Inc.
- Immucor, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Takara Bio
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- Fujirebio, Inc.
- TBG Diagnostics Ltd.
Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market, by technology
- Molecular Assay Technologies
- PCR-Based Molecular Assays
- Real-time PCR
- Sequence-specific Primer-PCR
- Sequence-specific Oligonucleotide-PCR
- Other PCR-based Molecular Assays
- Sequencing-based Molecular Assays
- Sanger Sequencing
- Next-generation Sequencing
- Other Sequencing-based Molecular Assays
- PCR-Based Molecular Assays
- Non-molecular Assay Technologies
Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market, by Product and Services
- Reagents & Consumables
- Software & Services
Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market, by Application
- Diagnostic Application
- Antibody Screening
- Chimerism Monitoring
- Research Application
Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market, by End-user
- Independent Reference Laboratories
- Hospitals & Transplant Centers
- Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes
Global Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.